FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

how weird is it that they pick that og colorway (white/black/grey). when i was a kid the local big 5 had them stacked in a full size run for 29.99
laugh.gif

just copped a pair. I know this is not a "mass" appeal shoe so I expect to grab another pair down the line on disco.

I am happy with it...it is as close as we will ever get and they did a better job than expected.  These shoes give me a great memory of Junior HS.  All my tennis playing friends were rockin these and I had my own pair. This is more an emotional purchase rather a "collectable" one for me.  Luckily these wont be hype beasted out....

Copped on eastbay with 15% off. Hopefully these are better than the blk/red cw that i had to return.

Wow. ALREADY OUT!? They are definitely pulling at my heart strings here. AsianImage, I would appreciate a breakdown of this shoe when they arrive to you next week.. Materials. Craftsmanship,, etc... I always ask this. Once you get them... What would you estimate their true MSRP to be, given its quality and craftsmanship. $110 dollar shoe right now plus shipping.. Most recent Nike's appear to fall within the $50-70 range, personally.

It's been a crazy turn of events for me these past few years. I don't think I've worn my 09 auburns or 09 med. balls this entire 2011 calendar year. I just inevitably want to go back to the quality materials of many years prior. Those shoes may be beat into the ground and yellowing, but it's just a mental lapse I get with some of these newer shoes.

I feel I would get these and watch them sit. I believe once my 2000-2005 era shoes are beat into the ground, I'll move onto Asics or some other quality brand and leave Nike's forever. Nothing from this era of retros is truly holding my interest. This should be my time for a shopping spree. Instead it's extreme savings.

EDIT:
And in Today's " If Nike wanted to make money, they should've done this" PS rendering:
0a725654647cd4941f0311e2c139a2f302c944a_r.jpg

82115f4077441134a96244e23165770319f76c8_r.jpg

i'd buy 5 of each, no questions asked.

Hi Wally...yes for sure.  I will def shoot lots of pics and break it down.

I know these are not true to form...but I have learned to accept this.  Like I said it is def an emotional thing for me. I have lots of Jordans but in truth I never owned any when they were around, I was not a sports guy, never played bball and simply could not afford them.  So that is why I am buying them now. 

But when it comes to Air Max and these Air Trainers, I actually bought these.  I went to the mall with my mom and had her hate me for spending $75 on a pair of shoes. I hope they are decent.  I will report back for sure.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Quit teasing us with what we can't have Wally.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
A lot of what's posted here in text and image form ends up on google searches. I want to infiltrate the image database there and get people questioning just what they're seeing. I had one blog pick up a photoshop and run with it. I had to comment on it and get that rumor squashed right away.

Stuntman Mike, I like this one
1673521b4df2621dc233c1e4b765bbc71e08822_r.gif

Ultimate case of confusion meets reality

I know I know.. Don't believe everything you read. Some ebay sellers are trying to push these as "rare" and limited. $190-200 plus shipping. Are these somehow limited and I don't know this?. Maybe I should grasp at the FSR on eastbay and use the discount.

Outdoor cloudy day shot via ebay:

b7515f4e744f153d96d04c28ab19636a0c4edf1_r.jpg

Photos can do this but they seem much more muted in color compared to that ruvilla  photo from awhile back...

Then you got JimmyJazzy.com selling these for $110, with a few sizes sold out already... These photos make them somewhat appealing... A much brighter saturated lime color:
443575102_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_21.jpg

443575102_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_22.jpg

443575102_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_24.jpg

443575102_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_23.jpg

For the color sticklers out there, it seems the sockliner has a real nice neon type of green, with the immediate upper lacelock having a more dull finish, along with the outsole.

don't worry. with some of these nicely lit shots, I can get some good photoshops out of these..

tried them on in the volt colorway at jimmy jazz today, quality is pretty bad, i mean no air trainer sc auburn bad, but im talkin not much better. the shoe has a weird shape when on foot too, like wonky in the toebox area. the volt color way is a very very Bright neon color. much brighter then any pic shows. if i had to rate these on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best i would rate as follows

i would give this shoe a solid 5-5.5 rating

I really hate to say this, especially as how much i used to love this shoe.what a total letdown by nike, FAILSHOE 
frown.gif

mad.gif

So a try on led to... walking away empty handed? If so, good job. What's a price you would pay on these? I'm leaning towards $60-70 by all indications of leather quality and craftsmanship.

When you say wonky, do you mean the toebox material just kind of trying to create a flex/crease point but not really being able to? Over time it will find a way to crease and then leave these really deep gashes that will never go away. With real leather, it seems more spread out and subtle. The differences in how these two types crease is really amazing, but I won't dull everyone with a photo series on the differences.

Now I never had comfort issues with fake leathers so that wouldnt be a reason for me NOT to buy necessarily. I'll just play this one one day at a time.

Two more PSs off the jimmyjazz photos:

da73551248b178ab49be190a3c49a73bdc453ab_r.jpg
e4a25d64a17e34d11c73e4587b345b30faf31d8_r.jpg

Didn't try on the black/reds, but saw them @ Champs and they really did look awful.

Funny thing is, I actually wanted to like them but the colors were terrible and the execution was worse.  Toe box does look way off.  Almost like its not "full" but 3/4 scale.  As I looked at it, I felt my foot cringing inside of it.

Quality wise, it probably is a notch up from the Auburn Bo SC, but that still didn't save it IMO.  It really just looks like a lot of corners were cut and things were compromised which to me make so little sense based on how shoddy that colorway is to begin with.  Why even bother??

If the citron/grey/white ones don't look better, I have to say it will be an easy pass for me.  Very similar to how I felt about the Air Tech Challenge.

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

tried them on in the volt colorway at jimmy jazz today, quality is pretty bad, i mean no air trainer sc auburn bad, but im talkin not much better. the shoe has a weird shape when on foot too, like wonky in the toebox area. the volt color way is a very very Bright neon color. much brighter then any pic shows. if i had to rate these on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best i would rate as follows

i would give this shoe a solid 5-5.5 rating

I really hate to say this, especially as how much i used to love this shoe.what a total letdown by nike, FAILSHOE 
frown.gif

mad.gif

Say it ain't so, damn you Nike

I saw a story on sneakernews that Nike is gonna make a true to original colorway SC II

The story is very forgiving, which gave me a hope that perhaps these initial colorways
ARE being used as prototypes, if you will, for Nike to get feedback on so they can make the
joints we all want...maybe the design has to get worked out through a test run before
they stamp the original colorways on future improved releases

but it is friday and the green rhino has nothing to do, some day dreaming going on

YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dances like Chris Brown*

(well, but with less skill, precision and rhythm... but trust: with as much intensity)

Back
Top Bottom