FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

^^Tongue is actually straight. Nothing wrong with it once you are wearing it and fixed it. I just took those pictures right out of the box.

Ptngina-

Is is just me or does the toe box look somewhat funky?  Also, wth is up the paint on the back (nike air). It looks like its lime nail polish or something.  Are the materials reasonable or do they seem cheapish?

I may cave, though I would prefer not to.  May just rock some tech challenges and wallow in my sadness for what could have been.  I honestly don't see how they would release another colorway so similar unless they're planning on doing a "pack" of some sort.

On a side note, the Huarache Alphas are probably the most comfortable shoes I have worn in many years.  Hats off to Nike for doing that right.

Got my pair in today from eastbay and they aren't that bad. I actually like them and to my surprise they're pretty comfortable. I think nike did a decent job with these. Nike please release the OG colorways!

thanks for the pics ptngina, looks like they got the collar and tongue material right at least. And the "Nike Air" on the back does look horrible. Seem to be like that on every pair. Definitely looks
like it was hand painted on by 7 yr olds...

oh yeah, I fixed them for you, word to Wally
happy.gif

White/Dark Grey-Chlorine Blue are on NDC

maybe if you buy the chlorine blue pair and the volt colorway above a seamstriss could takr the two and make an og sorta colorway out of them. take the blue sockliner off the blue pair and add it to the volt colorway LOL

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Ptngina-

Is is just me or does the toe box look somewhat funky?  Also, wth is up the paint on the back (nike air). It looks like its lime nail polish or something.  Are the materials reasonable or do they seem cheapish?

I may cave, though I would prefer not to.  May just rock some tech challenges and wallow in my sadness for what could have been.  I honestly don't see how they would release another colorway so similar unless they're planning on doing a "pack" of some sort.

On a side note, the Huarache Alphas are probably the most comfortable shoes I have worn in many years.  Hats off to Nike for doing that right.
Only complaint on this particular CW/Pair is that its not OG CW(haha) and the paint job on the Nike Air on the back. Other than the, to me, these are much better than the Blk/Red CW. Material doesn't look/feel cheap. Comfort is nice too(i dont know why some people said it was crappy). If this is the best Nike can come up with as far as near OG CW, then I'll def buy another pair if/when it goes on sale.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

thanks for the pics ptngina, looks like they got the collar and tongue material right at least. And the "Nike Air" on the back does look horrible. Seem to be like that on every pair. Definitely looks
like it was hand painted on by 7 yr olds...

oh yeah, I fixed them for you, word to Wally
happy.gif
If it was only that CW, multiple pairs would be in that picture..haha

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

photoshop the white neutralgrey if you can thanks
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-11.jpg

I'm not sure what you are asking here
-------------

SoleAddict34, photoshopping these is pretty fun. It's like my own mourning process

Front view, Infrared Photoshop:
b433502b441770a64be0180c37b479dda7b7030_r.jpg

SUBTLE.
SUBTLE.
F to the SUBTLE
That is what it is all about with every single late 80 to early 90 trainer. Make that infrared POP like no other with a monochromatic BASE. As it stands now, these citrons just have too much color and even the color on them isn't matching. You have bright neon colors and then some muted puke green near the eye stays. Still likely a buy around $80 shipped . I can both buy something and still strive for better as I critique the hell out of it.

Nice look on the feet here  (sarcasm noted)
http://sneakerbistro.blogspot.com/2011/04/kicks-nike-air-trainer-sc-ii_27.html
image_1.jpg

---
ebay shot of the chlorine pair:
%24%28KGrHqIOKjgE23CK%28tVPBNt5hUu%21mQ%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Not feeling that chlorine colorway at all. Loving my limes so far. I'm really surprised at how comfortable these are. No strap issues or anything and I have wide feet.

after seeing the black pair in champs, i'm sure i won't cop this shoe in ANY c/w.
laugh.gif

*EDIT*
chlorines are looking pretty dope tho.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i meant if you can take this colorway and apply these colors onto the Neon Green model
gotcha. These have to be the plainest, least popular OG colorway. even PS's cant really help them.
993356234a4576444b4d1c03357ba66c31ad5b8_r.jpg
f4635d2e4a987b98499e1206300e0bf8fe25349_r.jpg

They will always remaing in 5th place or lower compared to the other originals.

Even some of the SC II lows out there are stunning and top these.
The SC LOW came in just a few colors. Blue. Green, Orange.

To truly think outside the box on this one and mesh old times with new times,  I would introduce a SC II LOW retro in a non OG colorway.. I present the Infrared SC II lows:
f653589f4dad7dd246411e7a39b2644e02cc3c2_r.jpg

This is the only acceptable means of OS-esque colorways.

Headcount, who would buy those sc II lows in a never before released infrared colorway?

^
pimp.gif
thanks wally these are hot!! definitely copping these

A little disappointed in the color options for the SC II, hopefully Nike will drop the Infrared next year now that they've brought the silhouette back to life.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Ptngina-

Only complaint on this particular CW/Pair is that its not OG CW(haha) and the paint job on the Nike Air on the back. Other than the, to me, these are much better than the Blk/Red CW. Material doesn't look/feel cheap. Comfort is nice too(i dont know why some people said it was crappy). If this is the best Nike can come up with as far as near OG CW, then I'll def buy another pair if/when it goes on sale.

Yeah, I went and looked at them to make sure, but they didn't look cheap like the black/red. I was sort of shocked.

Finally used discount and ordered off Eastbay.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

WallyHopp wrote

Even some of the SC II lows out there are stunning and top these.
The SC LOW came in just a few colors. Blue. Green, Orange.

To truly think outside the box on this one and mesh old times with new times,  I would introduce a SC II LOW retro in a non OG colorway.. I present the Infrared SC II lows:
f653589f4dad7dd246411e7a39b2644e02cc3c2_r.jpg

This is the only acceptable means of OS-esque colorways.

Headcount, who would buy those sc II lows in a never before released infrared colorway?

I would probably cop any OG-esque Trainer- TW, TW II, Lite II, Trainer IV Low, E Low, etc, etc without question, but Nike's retro dept. clowns always tryna be "creative" with their color-ups....

Back
Top Bottom