FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

OK mine came in this evening.  Please excuse the pics as I had to shoot them inside so no natural light to make the green pop.

After seeing pics of the OGs...I can really see where Nike changed these up...and understand the frustration.  But, this is a decent attempt. The materials looked OK so far.  I have not worn them yet, but plan on it this weekend and can report back.  Here are the pics...

Some detail pics...

This is not perfect but I think it is an OK tribute to the OG shoes. I would cop another pair on disco and plan on getting the lavas too.

Originally Posted by AsianImage

But, this is a decent attempt.
A decent attempt?

You make it sound like a new current artist tried to remake an old classic hit, and did "okay."

laugh.gif

NO leeway here.  For obvious reasons...

Cheap bastards...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

A decent attempt?

You make it sound like a new current artist tried to remake an old classic hit, and did "okay."

laugh.gif

Cheap bastards...

I think that is a very accurate analogy.  It is defintely like a new version of a classic song that has been redone.  I know you are a purist and want the exact same thing.  Trust me I do too.  But considering the crap we get, this is not too bad.  A+?  nope...F? I dont think so.  I wish Nike would just make a proper retro as much as anyone.  I just dont "hate" these shoes as much as I thought I would.

saw this on eastbay and this shoe definitely brings back memories....if they only released a darker blue color closer to the original one, I might get it, differences from the OG aside.

I think that is a very accurate analogy.  It is defintely like a new version of a classic song that has been redone.  I know you are a purist and want the exact same thing.  Trust me I do too.  But considering the crap we get, this is not too bad.  A+?  nope...F? I dont think so.  I wish Nike would just make a proper retro as much as anyone.  I just dont "hate" these shoes as much as I thought I would.

Opinion respected, appreciated, and truth.

Not so much a "purist" on this end (give that title to "WallyHoop" most def.).  Just more frustrating that, mama can make better food to eat, but REFUSES to without an explanation. 
laugh.gif

Saw blue joints today.

Pass.

Finally got around to trying these on and seeing them in person. Heres my feelings on them, what Asian Image said is pretty good, but I do hate them and heres why. Personally I don't feel the quality was bad at all, the comfort was there, the sizing was a little questionable but the fact that they didn't release these in the OG colors turns me off. Just think about this for a minute

Imagine Nike brought back the Trainer SC but never retro'd them in white orange and blue.

Imagine no Scream green huarache retro's.

Imagine No OG color ways of the Jordan V

Imagine the 99 IV's with Nike Air never released and all we got were the colombia blues with the jumpman logo on the back.

How about this, imagine no infrared am 90's ever retro'd all we got were B.S. new color ways.

The retro sneaker craze would have NEVER blown up the way it did if someone at Nike decided to skip over OG color ways. It makes absolutely ZERO sense especially after 22 years. So with that said I wouldn't wear these if someone gave them to me for free (real talk) its truly a disgrace to the legacy of the shoe. Every dope shoe from the 80's/90's that has been re-released has seen their signature OG color ways come back to life, why they haven't done so with these is anyones guess. All the hate towards this retro has nothing to do with being elitists or purists or what not, there is just no rational explanation as to why Nike has handled this retro they way they did.

^
ya know?
i look to see original colorways by the fall or i will abandon all hope

to elude to what Wally said before -
if one googles the Nike Air Trainer SC II, recently a good deal of the links & pics
come from NT as a source

the issue is so in their face, i ain't even trippin when i say Nike knows
about us, us right here

I see where Asian is coming from, but at the same time, we know Nike has the ability to do a proper retro. We've seen it on the ATC II's, the AGM1's, the Carnivores and now the AGM2's (Carbon fiber aside). I don't know the intricacies of footwear manufacturing, but I'm guessing doing a proper retro wouldn't cost significantly more than what they're giving us now. They can do it, we know they can... it seems like they're just choosing not to, which is what's so frustrating.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I see where Asian is coming from, but at the same time, we know Nike has the ability to do a proper retro. We've seen it on the ATC II's, the AGM1's, the Carnivores and now the AGM2's (Carbon fiber aside). I don't know the intricacies of footwear manufacturing, but I'm guessing doing a proper retro wouldn't cost significantly more than what they're giving us now. They can do it, we know they can... it seems like they're just choosing not to, which is what's so frustrating.
Precisely....

Add to that, what Wally has mentioned about the colorway we all would like already having been released on those lame-o fusions for kids last year, and its a real head scratcher.  I refuse to believe because those didn't do well, that NIKE assumed the colorway wouldn't work on this shoe.

Really would be great to get some bit of insight from inside the thought process @ Beaverton HQ regarding this release, because at this point most of us are asking, why even do it when you can't give it 100 %.  Did you really think most of the "educated" shoe people out there would just shrug and accept this half-arsed attempt, or were you that convinced that the "masses" would be so enamored with these 1st two colorways, that it wouldn't even matter?

For now, I will refuse to believe those that make these calls are that naive, and hope and pray there is a better explanation somewhere/somehow.

eyes of hazel wrote:

AsianImage wrote:

A decent attempt?

laugh.gif

Cheap bastards...

My thoughts after seeing them. This is a pretty good retro. Yeah, I'd like OG colors, but for $80, I'm happy with the purchase. If the quality was off, my opinion would be totally different. With Nike they're either going to #$%% up the quality or colors, very rarely do they get both right. I can deal with the colors easier than I can deal with quality issues. Look at all the Air Max 95 and 90's retroing. I look at it the same way as a different colorway.

i have a feeling they are pulling the same game jb did earlier last year with the first jordan 6 varsity red. you guys know the game.

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

i have a feeling they are pulling the same game jb did earlier last year with the first jordan 6 varsity red. you guys know the game.

so true

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Opinion respected, appreciated, and truth.

Not so much a "purist" on this end (give that title to "WallyHoop" most def.).  Just more frustrating that, mama can make better food to eat, but REFUSES to without an explanation. 
laugh.gif

Saw blue joints today.

Pass.
I wouldn't even really call myself a purist. I don't necessarily only strive for OG colors. It just so happens that 99% of the time the original colors were so GREAT that that's what I want out of the retro. trethousandgt makes that point perfectly. 

I own many mediocre products SOLELY because they were original colorways that bring out the best out of the shoes (quality aside).  I had a long drawn out response ready to post but the bottom line for me with these citrons and chlorines so far, is that they are not bringing out the best out of that model.   But like many shoes that I have, I can make room for them if the price is right. In this case < $60.

right now the only colorway i will buy is the white grey and black pair but im waiting until they are 29.99 at outlets. i learned my lesson with the sc's. seriously how hard is it for nike to make the same shoe they made in the 90's its not like they dont have pics of correct colorways

Saw the Chlorines in person on Saturday. Looks like they're out at Footactions if anyone is interested.

Quality was a little better than I expected. The nylon/soft material on the inner booty is nice and soft, not rough like it looked in some pictures. The paint looked to be a little cleaner than pictures of the Neons I've seen on here. Besides that, it's about what we've come to expect. Cheap, wonky pleathers used throughout (although I must say, it didn't seem quite as bad as the most recent Auburn SCs). I didn't try them on, because I had no interest in them, but they seem like a decent colorway considering the fact we won't be getting true OG's.

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

saw this on eastbay and this shoe definitely brings back memories....if they only released a darker blue color closer to the original one, I might get it, differences from the OG aside.

Hmmm. The mystery and speculation BEGINS.......Caption under that photo states " Portland, OR" as that users location. Maybe it's a sample of some sort. Maybe it's something we'll never see as consumers. Maybe it's hinting at what's ahead in some sort of limited release QK pack? The guessing game can BEGIN. Lots of samples are shown upwards of 8 months in advance, so maybe it's a spring 2012 sample?? As far as I'm concerned, 2011 is all accounted for, with 9 colorways coming out.

bknowbles, how are they feeling after a day's wear? Are the straps removable?

I just looked in my closest and realized that I have a ton of stuff I paid retail for and those are worse off than these citrons are. So why have an attitude about these?? I guess I was met with such disappointment, I had to vent in some fashion.. I know on other message boards, there are some "holier than thou" nike running shoe fanatics who simply laugh and dismiss 90% of the retro runners out there. They just will not buy that crap, laugh, and move on wearing other brands or something current. I guess for many trainer fans, myself included, after a few months or weeks of saying NO, the price point finally reaches a point where you can say Yes. The first appearance of these below $70, i'll scoop them up.

I just came over to post about those Infrareds from Sneakernews.. No way in hell those things are OGs, and they look pretty consistent with the new materials. A ray of hope..

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

image_1.jpg

This pic done sold me. Not completely OG....but I can work with it.
happy.gif

BTW....the infareds are as good as copped if they do indeed release.

Wally yeah the straps are removable. I haven't put a full days wear into them yet I only had them on for about 15mins, but the felt like 09' auburns to me.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Saw this pic on sneakernews 

http://sneakernews.com/20...dywt-week-of-4-26-5-2/4/

These definitely don't look like OGs and they don't look photochopped...the black taping isn't there, but...so is there a chance?....
Hmmmmmmm.  Interesting.  They kinda don't look PS'ed, but there a lot of skilled folks out there, so who knows.  With the high toe-box, these definitely look like mold of the 2011 retros.  
Hope.

bknowbles ~ is the citron lining brighter than the citron on the rest of the shoe?

Those infrareds look weird to me. They might be samples. They look a little dark, but it might be the phone.

Those would be copped also.

The more times I photoshop the teal.limes, the more I realize just how lackluster the citron pair has become.. Teal sockliner sets this whole colorway up right. Yet at the same time, I try other color combos and it just doesn't work. It just may be that the teal limes is that PERFECT combo with nothing else coming close

Some new Photoshops:

More lightness or brightness added to the red element, really giving it some decent contrast compared to the red we saw before:
ea41514279491239d2d52f7fe69ed6ca5656968_r.jpg

I had to throw this in here.
9f025b142b7b84e01653fef1fc5907674f79c7c_r.jpg

Basically a "infared" type color blocking on the lime pair above:
5e235b024d977c3240c619d034511e046f57559_r.jpg

Miami Dolphin c/w?
laugh.gif
.. Almost has a reverse teal.lime vibe to them. but even then, nothing comes close to the teal limes two tone color combo.. I have spent months trying to find two other colors that set each other up just right and I have yet to find something.
2cd35f554b8b70d8403b16eb33af3411984312d_r.jpg

ignore the sloppiness. im not spending any more time than needed to get the point across
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom