FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

^ I'm pretty sure suguruvstotoro has some originals.

There's nothing truly mythical about the OGs. Take late 90.early 00 retro leather/suede quality and slap that on an original, and that's pretty much what was released.

OG's did have the shape that defined them, while the retros dulled the look a bit. Plus the white foam was actually white, so never any paint chipping on the OGs. But what once was the norm on OGs that then became retros is truly a lost art. As someone else put it nicely, we are getting what used to be third tier $40 dollar Nikes from JCPenny's on $105 dollar signature products..

And it's not some impossible standard they set with the OGs that they'll never reach again. Late 90 era of retros proves this along with your occasional current product. They pick and choose many items with quality in mind, or imo, do it on accident.

They set their own standard twice, and now some people are getting called out for calling Nike out? Hilarious

Originally Posted by ptngina

Does anybody have the OG's in their possession? Maybe they can post a clear picture of the material used in the OG's. Im looking at some pictures of the OG's in the internet and can't really tell how the material is compared to these retros.

Yeah, from what I remember it was pretty common stuff back then. I believe its "garment leather" so it is/was actually thinner, but super soft and creased pretty easily(gasp!) I think this was due to the fact that they were training shoes so you wanted the lightness for comfort.  Similar to what Reebok still uses on their shoes like the Ex-O-Fit and Classic Leather models. This is from pure memory so I may be blowing smoke
happy.gif
, suguruvstotoro may have some better insight.

No news on what we want to hear. But just a courtesy FYI.. White/black.greys are on citysole and on sale.. for how long? who knows.. $89.99 plus shipping/tax http://citysole.com/shoe_...ct_info&products_id=4075

JimmyJazz has the citrons for $79.99 plus shipping/tax. Eastbay won't get the white black greys for another 2 weeks so if you want to save $20 bucks now, get them at citysole. Otherwise, you can use the eastbay coupon codes and obtain everything for cheaper in the future.

$104 shipped vs. $124 shipped sounds enticing but I'm on a hunger strike until I get my infrareds and teal limes.. I may never buy another Nike shoe if those dont come out

this is really really, starting to piss ,me the f$%^ OFF!!!! ##% is nike doing with these quickstrikes??

This is one of those shoes (white/black pictured above) that when I cross the border into Buffalo if I spot in a Foot Locker/ Foot Action/ etc. I am slapping down the credit card with no regards to my personal safety because I'll be hearing it from the wife all the way home to Toronto lol...

Wally - you still on that strike? the white & blacks are looking good, no? Simple yet sexy...

ptinga - did/do the midsoles look like they cracked/are cracking/about to crack? Can anyone shed light if these suckers have PAINTED midsoles? I fear they do?

SoleAddict34: Yep, I'd agree the leather Nike used back in the day before retroes was a thinner fabric style leather (almost like in high-end leather driving gloves) that did crease easier but man it lasted a lot longer since it had more "give" - maybe Nike is harvesting different cows?

Heads up: the citron colorway is on sale for $69.99 on jimmyjazz.com. Been waiting for a price drop, finally copped a pair. 

Originally Posted by XIVpositive

Heads up: the citron colorway is on sale for $69.99 on jimmyjazz.com. Been waiting for a price drop, finally copped a pair. 
No 11 or 11.5.
mad.gif
But good heads up!

Hoping same happens with white/black/greys though I am not optimistic.

Longer we go without hearing about infareds and teals these are slowly but surely going to disappear.  Not urgent/emergent, but decent colorways in popular sizes will go.

This is getting ridiculous Nike

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-black-white-orange-september-2011-02.jpg

These are coming out in September. If your monitor is messed up, this is orange.

How many colorways are you going to release, before you release the OG colorway everyone wants?

All of these are going to the outlets

BTW, I actually think these aren't bad, but I'll wait until they go on sale. I paid $80 for my citrons and it looks like I still paid too much.

Originally Posted by jbv1

This is one of those shoes (white/black pictured above) that when I cross the border into Buffalo if I spot in a Foot Locker/ Foot Action/ etc. I am slapping down the credit card with no regards to my personal safety because I'll be hearing it from the wife all the way home to Toronto lol...

Wally - you still on that strike? the white & blacks are looking good, no? Simple yet sexy...

ptinga - did/do the midsoles look like they cracked/are cracking/about to crack? Can anyone shed light if these suckers have PAINTED midsoles? I fear they do?

SoleAddict34: Yep, I'd agree the leather Nike used back in the day before retroes was a thinner fabric style leather (almost like in high-end leather driving gloves) that did crease easier but man it lasted a lot longer since it had more "give" - maybe Nike is harvesting different cows?
Yes, the midsole is painted fyi.

Just in time for Halloween.  STUPID......pretty creased about this news. I mean like anyone is "beasting" over this color combo.  Please tell me someone can quickly remove their head from their %#+% over in Beaverton and explain to me why we still have no firm news on either the infared or teal colorway?

As Magic just said, these as well as at least 3 other current colorways are well on their way to outlet status in mass qty. when there is no reason why they needed to exist in the first place.  If we had citrons, black/greys, and infareds, in all likelihood, most would be gone and spoken for by the end of summer.  Instead, we are all just biding our time until we can grab one of the first two I mentioned @ close to 50 % discount and hope and pray someone in their right mind gets a hold of this Nike Sportswear/Retro division ASAP.

NIKE - HEADS UP- RELEASE INFAREDS ASAP- THANK YOU

This one apparently comes out in August.
nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-fall-2011-colorways-3.jpg

As I mentioned before, they are stacking crap on top of crap with no care in the world. They make these shoes for so cheap that even at 50% off retail at Outlets, they are still making their standard profit. It's a crazy world Nike has created. Quantity > Quality

$80 sounds nice for some citrons but I've waited this long already. I can wait until they drop in price further.. Eastbay is bound to be fully loaded with all these colorways, that a weekly price drop seems evident.. Coming soon are a few more trainer max 94 c/ws, whom have other colors just rotting on the shelves. Plus a trainer max 97 retro. And a griffey white model to compete with. At some point, they will see that at even $89.99, no one wants them and drop the price on the whole fleet.

If that's not enough, by Christmas, we will have two MORE all grey or all black based sc II's release, giving us a grand total of 3 colorways almost too similar to one another... Great move Nike.

Yeah, this is exactly the type of stuff you do when the customer no longer matters, just keep the shareholders happy....buying Nike's officially done for me.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

This is getting ridiculous Nike

nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-high-black-white-orange-september-2011-02.jpg

These are coming out in September. If your monitor is messed up, this is orange.

How many colorways are you going to release, before you release the OG colorway everyone wants?

All of these are going to the outlets

BTW, I actually think these aren't bad, but I'll wait until they go on sale. I paid $80 for my citrons and it looks like I still paid too much.
those r actually dope to me:.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Yeah, this is exactly the type of stuff you do when the customer no longer matters, just keep the shareholders happy....buying Nike's officially done for me.
tired.gif

Exactly, I guess they are too stupid to realize that all these shoes are just sitting for a reason.  The ones really taking the beating are the middlemen like eastbay, footlocker, etc.  With Free Shipping or a coupon code retailers like Jimmy Jazz are making scraps selling at 69.99.

These things are just stalling out to a whole other level at retailers.. FSRs sitting everywhere at retail. Many are even down in price and still sitting. Ebay is just as bad. For every one sold at $95 plus shipping, 20 go unsold.

With a Jimmyjazz coupon code for $15 off by spending $150, you save even more money.. With huarache trainer ogs up there plus some premium sc 2010s @ $40, I should be on a spending spree.... This entire waiting process has really spoiled my love for aggressive spending. Thank you Nike. It's like being deprived of something for so long that you sorta just get over it and no longer need that in your life. I have literally passed on 10-15 other shoes waiting around and I sorta don't feel that about it.. You've cured an addiction lol

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

These things are just stalling out to a whole other level at retailers.. FSRs sitting everywhere at retail. Many are even down in price and still sitting. Ebay is just as bad. For every one sold at $95 plus shipping, 20 go unsold.
And yet, there isn't a single c/w that I want.  
eyes.gif

NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH THESE BUT OUT OF ALL THE COLORWAYS THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED SO FAR NONE ARE OG COLORS LIKE BACK IN THE DAY RELEASES???.....IM LOOKNG TO GET A PAIR BUT WIT ALL THE COLORS I ONLY REALLY WANT A RETRO OG COLOR TO BUY......THANKS

The white/black.greys are a OG colorway.
Air-Trainer-Sc-High-brittany-Blue--Medium-Grey-6810-6811-1large.jpg

To compare this one to other popular colorways/models. It's like having the jordan III white cement and black cement, and then the one that no one remembers (hypothetically)... This is like the one that no one remembers because the others were so frickin AWESOME.. Or in jordan 1 terms..Let's never retro the model until 22 years later, and then not give you the black toes, or another red/black colorway.. Instead we'll give you a black grey variety Jordan never really wore. It would never be accepted in the jordan circles. Yet here, many people tell us to stop complaining.. This is HUGE. And a really bad black eye on retro cross trainers

So I just called Nike before they closed tonight.. figured I'd give the ol style numbers a try..

The lady I spoke with was very nice, but man, these shoes are causing a lot of confusion. According to her, one of the 2 dropped in April (?!?!?!) and the other is slated for this month. She's took down my number and is supposed to ask around with some of higher ups and get back to me next week.. fingers crossed...

Received my citrons yesterday.  I'm pretty happy with them. Seem to be decent quality. I went with a size 10, seem to fit perfect. So if you're between sizes, I'd recommend going up a half size. Same size I wear in air max/runners.

Back
Top Bottom