FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Summa Time in the LBC.... Copped from Proper. I still have a pic of me rocking these in my elementary school days (also in the LBC)... talk about full circle

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Proto, you should be alright with the 12s. I could barely get that much heel separation in my sz13s, And I felt those fit just a bit big. Perception of what fits right vs. reality can also throw you off. Via your photos, cut the visible infrared insole color seen in half, and thats about where I stand with these in a sz13.. So you might fit just a tad smaller. Although I find heel slippage like that, not to be a totally great indication. But if we are going by that, and my sz13s fit a bit smaller than yourself, you should definitely be alright with 12s. 90% confidence that youll be satisfied with that size, provided what you have shown me

But you're right. Over the years they have fluctuated in size across all genres. Jordan IIIs, 11.5s fit more like 12.5 trainers.. Trainer sc high 12s fit more like 12s or 13s.

yeah, it's crazy how much sizing has changed. jordan 13's and 3's for instance, they're a full size big imo compared to the retro's in previous years. the infrared AM90's last year were true to size, and i got a 13, but the reverse infrareds i had to go down to a 12. just been so all over the place.

and of course you and i are doubly screwed cuz we really need a 12.5 most of the time, which they rarely make.

but yeah, i think the 12 will end up better for me on these, provided i don't have any of those pinky toes rubbing against the web-tec, or any width issues... and you're right about the heel slippage, it's almost inevitable when you lace loose like i do, but getting a snug fit def helps minimize it sometimes...

i'm gonna hold onto the 13's until i can try the 12's, just to make sure. if i want to i can return the 13's to district, already talked to 'em, but i'd rather help out some NT'ers on 'em, maybe i can be slick and ship them media-mail to help knock down the shipping, as i've already paid $10 each pair for shipping.

hoping NDC comes thru soon so i can grab the 12's with free shipping.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Joints in my official Top 10 list yet to be retro'd:

Nike Air Cross Trainer Low
Nike Air Cross Trainer II Low
Nike Air Force V Low

and that's it (my 'top two dozen' list though is different story...
YES, this is a TOUGH shoe, and one of the essentials on my list too:

So I haven't been able to locate the Nike Spring 1990 ad that I have that had the first look at the Jordan V's and promoted other shoes across Nike's lines, including the Air Trainer SC II's. I'm going to try and get another one of the old Sports Illustrateds that it was in on eBay.

However, while in the vault I WAS able to locate my OG pair of Infrared SC II's. I could have sworn they were lows, but lo and behold they're MIDS. Not sure if anyone did this yet, but I did a little side by side comparison. The OG's are size 12 and moderately worn, the Retros are size 13 and deadstock (for now).

Side by side, Retros on the left, OG's on the right, in natural kitchen lighting without flash:

OG's, without flash (now THAT'S how I remember Webtech!):

Retros on top, OG's on bottom (note the midsole crease on the Retro that I've been complaining about all week in regard to BOTH my Retro pairs):

Closer look at the Infrared shade differences between the Retro on top and the OG on bottom, I'm sure part of which has to do with age and oxidation:

Trying to bring out the difference between the Indigo on the Retro (on the left) and OG (on the right) with a flash, and IMO the Retro Indigo is more pronounced while the OG is about as close as you can possibly get to black:

Retro:

OG (the Indigo looks a little stronger here for some reason):

Also notice this, Nike STILL had some ugly glue spots, EVEN back in 1989! LOL.

Here is another bit of interesting info. These OG's were produced in Taiwan and had the following production code - 890810FT2. Based on this info these particular Infrareds were made in Fall 1989 and likely went to retail between very late '89 and very early '90. However, this does NOT mean that the Infrareds debuted at that time, they possibly COULD have initially released earlier.

Back then Nike did multiple production runs over the course of a season. Commonly the initial run would be a couple months before the shoes hit retail. Sometimes there would be another run or two after the shoes were already on shelves. I have two remaining pairs of OG black/metallic silver AJ V's from 1990. The first one I ever bought (in June of '90) was produced in late '89 (Taiwan 891101FT2), and the second one which I bought 8 years ago was made well after the AJ V's hit shelves in February 1990 (Taiwan 900406FT2). Incidentally, both pairs of my OG AJ V's appear to have been made in the same exact factory as my SC II's.

Today production (at least of most Retros) seems to be something like this: a single production run of 100K-200K or so of some general release sneaker in a single two month production window, and then NONE additionally made once the production run stops.

The grumpy old man moral of today is, at least in the old days we had a chance of getting a certain pair 6 months later if we couldn't afford it when it first released. And we NEVER had to call a boutique halfway across the country in the middle of nowhere to do a mail order for something we REALLY wanted. LOL. Are you reading this, Nike???

^^^^ awesome side by side.  

Green Rhino I'm with you about the  air force V which is why i started a petition last year for the FORCE V   http://www.defynewyork.co...r-force-v-original-1990/

and the ultra force

http://www.defynewyork.co...ke-air-ultra-force-1990/

wink.gif

Nice Kicks restocked on both CWs yesterday I believe, and they take phone orders.

This is by far one of the best releases all year.  Amazing quality.

^
i know your with me,
and on the reebok axt, cxt & sxt's featured on pages 130-131 in the 2/7/89 issue of SI as well
ha ha, yah see i do my small part

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
i know your with me,
and on the reebok axt, cxt & sxt's featured on pages 130-131 in the 2/7/89 issue of SI as well
ha ha, yah see i do my small part

Haha yes!  

Got my size 11.5 a few weeks ago thanks to Wallyhop.

Great video Dre and awesome comparison pics PainBL!

Wish I had some OG's that were older than the hype beasts trying to resell anything they read online that is "hot".

Originally Posted by TransAm

White/Black/Coral Ultras and White/Black/Orange Crush Force V's would be insane. Hell, I want that varsity jacket/denim pant combo. Whoooooo..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
You know Nike would probably charge about $300 for the jacket and $175 for the pants these days. I doubt either will come back, seeing as how they can't even seem to faithfully bring back Jordan Track Suits which were undeniably hot apparel items back in the day. But yes, I think ANY of the Force V's or Ultras would be bananas along with any of the old apparel.

And I know I've seen these catalogs before, but I forgot the Force V's came in Carolina colors.
pimp.gif
That would be a hot March/April shoe.

I just got my size 13 off of sneaker father. They have a FSR in both colorways (except size 13's in the infrared, cuz I got those).
pimp.gif

Just got my pair of citrons that a buddy got for me St. Alfreds today and the quality on these are amazing. Brings back great memories from middle school. For me these are definitely true to size.

Man, that was quick. I seen these shoes move fast after I made my order and posted that their was an FSR on sneakerfather.

Only a 9.5 & 10.5 left in the Citrons. 8.5,9.5.10.5 & 12 in the Infrared.

I hope my local store still gets them in next week. This way I can double up on them.
pimp.gif

At least we can out to rest about glue stain on the new nikes compared to OGs since OGs had same excess glue..lol

Great comparisson. Except for a lil differece, QS is very close to OG.

Via sincere's last post, 10.5s both available at that website.

Moda3 is another spot I missed

Thanks for the comparison pics BL...awesome.

I've been on the fence w/ the Infrareds, mainly b/c of the differences in the web tech area. While I can appreciate the higher-than-normal level of accuracy on the Infrared retros, the differences in this area kind of throw the shoe off for me. I keep looking at them like "they're beautiful, but....". The web tech on the OGs just brought out a nice contrast that kind of made the shoe for me. Those little details are so clutch sometimes. I guess that's why I'm more impressed with the Citrons.

Meh...I'll probably still end up buying them though...who am I kidding. lol

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Green Rhino I'm with you about the  air force V which is why i started a petition last year for the FORCE V   http://www.defynewyork.co...r-force-v-original-1990/

and the ultra force

wink.gif

nice to see more air force v lovers... shoe is long over due. then again they butchered the ultra force retros
sick.gif
 so i dunno if they will do the force v justice. how do you retro the ultra force and not retro the force V? smh

make your webtech look like the og by getting some dark blue thread and glueing it to the exsisting webtec, better have a staedy hand!!

Dang this thread is picking up! Just my back story with these. I was 10 when they came out and my neighbor owned a Airborne Express division. I washed their vans and boxtrucks every Saturday for about 5-6 hours a day. He would pay cash $5/hour, which was pretty good then. Well I saved it all for these and he drove me to the store to buy them. My Dad would have never let me spend almost a months worth of my Saturday cash on these.....so my neighbor took the hit for me for driving me to Foot Locker cause they were buddies. Felt like da man in the 5th grade lol. Between Bo and Mike, I was never short on childhood heroes. Congrats to all who got their pairs...hope more become available so everyone that wants these can snag them.

I was talking with Joe @ Sneaker Bistro and he said he had a couple people come in and want to buy 12 pairs. He said no, he isn't selling to re-sellers. I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

and the ultra force

wink.gif

nice to see more air force v lovers... shoe is long over due. then again they butchered the ultra force retros
sick.gif
 so i dunno if they will do the force v justice. how do you retro the ultra force and not retro the force V? smh
Agreed, they truly did butcher the ultra force retro's.  What did they retro them in two non og colors and say eff this 
laugh.gif
, they never had a chance yet they go hardcore for the Nike Sky Force (a forgettable shoe), just doesn't make sense.

Like someone stated earlier, SneakerBistro is definitely getting a restock on Infrareds on Tuesday. Not sure about the Citrons though.

Back
Top Bottom