FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

still wondering...every place i see says the other colors fit true to size, and someone i know got true to size as well...any opinions?

I think its unanimious to most of us to go with your true size.When i first put on my pair they felt a tad snug, but after severalWears they fit perfectly.

Yep. Snug at first. then the leather breaks in, like an old school baseball glove, and it's PEEEEEEEEEEEEEERFECT... now I need to find a home for these extras.. What a terrible mishap on my hands. I may end up with only one set..... Either way though, both will be worn equally and into the ground... No regrets as I get these things dirty. As for those with extras... I may be coming at ya in a year or two asking for a favor. lol.

I just wore my sz12 citrons for the first time... I am seriously having some trouble trying to figure out which one I like better.... Infrared is just a classic color in all sense of the color scence.. But this citron and aqua is just a bit NEW to the whole retro scence and provides color combos I have never seen... I cant place a favorite right now.. Usually it's easy to do so. But here, I like them both equally.

should be paying for my infrareds on wednesday... thanks to the NTer helping out
smile.gif

nice to hear they are stretching out some after some wears. gives me hope my size 12's will end up comfortable, if they aren't at first.

These are breaking in nicely. Both pairs may just go down as all-time favorites. It might be a good thing that I will eventually be sitting on just a pair of each. After so much work breaking in a pair to reach a certain comfort level, why break out any thing else? I face this same situation with my 2000 at1 chlorophylls. Worn in "beaters" are worn MORE often than the freshest looking pairs around... It goes against everything you see in the WDYWT posts. I'm giving these guys just 3 more weeks before they are perfectly broken in, and once that happens, theres no taking them off. Not to turn anyone away from buying doubles or triples, I am going about this like I did when I was a child in 1989. One pair or one set to do everything in, and that's THAT. I want to see how worn I can get these shoes. I want to see at what level I can get the leather comfort down. Maybe my philosophy changes in 6 months when my pairs are beat and I'm scrounging around looking for extras as you guys laugh, But I think i'll take the chance here.. These really are a shoe I want to watch break down and age.. It's just been too long to hold out any regrets or remorse over these. Let the fun times begin.

^ i can respect that wally, not the approach i take (i try to wear different shoes often, keep everything in rotation, and keep them clean), and i consider myself a sneaker enthusiast too. but what you're doing there is some REAL stuff!

Wally, your excitement and praise of this shoe makes me very excited to ge my hands on my pair....

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

^that black/grey colorway I think is expected to release December 2011. The burgundy one is November, and next month is that dark grey/silver colorway.

6pm just dropped the price on their white/grey/black og colorway to like $66. Not many sizes left. Either big or small.. Just when they sold out of a sz13, they drop the price lol... It'll be sure be down to $50 at outlets soon enough though.

Proto, yeah, I jumped back down to a 12. A lot of trainers I can go up to a 13, but this toebox is just too massive for me. Almost a 1 to 2 finger width of extra space in there... 12s sit right at 1/2 to 1 finger width. As I told a few others. Just a bit of terrible circumstances on a buying front. I pick up on a few of the "deals" late, and jumped on them, days before receiving my first 12. So I already have 12s coming in when 13s get bought. Then I finally get a 12 and think that a 13 may not be that bad. So it happens again. Days before receiving a 13, the chance to get another 13 is there. So I jump on it.. So when the first 13 arrives, i try it on and know instantly, thats its not meant to be. So I may just end up with one wearable set of 12s and no extras.. Maybe it's best that way. I'll sell them off or ebay them. I just want my money back.

Noblekane, are you talking about the challenge huaraches?? We may think Nike cross trainers are under appreciated.. The entire tennis line of the same era 87-92 has so many white leather gems

WOW thats them i looked up nike agassi challenge huarache on ebay and found um in the exact color i remember them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Te...1139785?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4aaaae74c9

stupid kids size though
frown.gif

nike definately needs to retro them...

If I were to give 1998-2001 air trainer retros a collective grade of A- compared to the originals,
then I would give the 2011 Citron QS a B+ and the Infrared QS a B.
That is excellent & very above average with what Nike retros are today.

And considering these sneakers are not the easiest in terms of materials and construction to retro,
that is even more impressive.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Noblekane, are you talking about the challenge huaraches?? We may think Nike cross trainers are under appreciated.. The entire tennis line of the same era 87-92 has so many white leather gems
I'd say from 87 and all through the 90's.  Post 1992, Agassi had the Air Challenge Future, Air Flare, Air Challenge LWP, Air Alarm, Air Zoom Challenge, Air Zoom Beyond, and my fav, the Air Assailant (1999).  

I agree with the Challenge Huarache retro campaign wholeheartedly.  That was one of the last Agassi tennis models I truly loved and beat them down - Hard.  The problem is, these were kind of after the BO trainer era, and not many people would really even appreciate them as "lifestyle" shoes like these current SC2s are being treated.  I think we are pretty S.O.L regarding some mid/late 90s tennis shoe re-retros.  Hope I am wrong though

Re: Tshirts- I am interested in seeing what we can do to get some cheaper long sleeve(due to fall coming for many of us) t shirts made up with the Trainer Fam logo in citron/teal/ or obsid/infared coloring.  PM me if interested.

do you think the infrareds are supposted to be an Auburn colorway???

also do you think that since the first round of sc II's went bad that why nike put a qs on theses? so they didnt lose anything??

I'll tell u this, I won't stop until we get a PROPER retro of the tech challenge III.   What they did to that shoe was inexcusable.  I remember speaking with the manager of a local finishline and him telling me he was surprised to see how many people purchased them only to return them because they didn't look enough like the original (I was one of those people).  It really couldn't have been hard to just release the the exact way they looked when they originally came out.  I'll take another quick strike release DONE RIGHT of the tech III

im mad i forgot about these, was to busy copping the pines and these slipped my mind. on the look out for sz 12 or 13 in both colorways

I would love a Team Trainer tee, I just don't know if I have quite enough classics to be admitted into the fam. You guys go HARD!

These took priority over every release this month (and previous and forthcoming months, too) for me. Pines keeping me from getting these? Not in a million years.

Those Tech Challenges
pimp.gif

i love 'em both but the teal/citron is starting to edge it out 
smokin.gif

need to get doubles before it's too late
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I'll tell u this, I won't stop until we get a PROPER retro of the tech challenge III.   What they did to that shoe was inexcusable.  I remember speaking with the manager of a local finishline and him telling me he was surprised to see how many people purchased them only to return them because they didn't look enough like the original (I was one of those people).  It really couldn't have been hard to just release the the exact way they looked when they originally came out.  I'll take another quick strike release DONE RIGHT of the tech III

Take note Nike , we need a fair retro treatment of these!

Back
Top Bottom