Finessed?: UPS Claimed They Delivered 5 Packages: Missing/Never Delivered (update)

Cliffs:

Ordered 6 items from Nike last weekend. Some cool flyknit hyperdunks, Olympic gear, couple things off clearance... Anyways They shipped them in 5 packages all set to arrive today.

Packages said they were delivered at 5:05pm

i work from home, no knock, no slip, no signature, not left at leasing office. Nothing...

I call UPS, they say take it up with Nike. Our driver says she delivered them. may or may not follow up with you.

Nike says they'll investigate with UPS and replace the items if they deem ups responsible for the loss.

I live in an apartment.

UPS supervisor follows up. Is rude and defends driver. Says thinly vailed accusations like "as you claim" or "so you say..."

I make post on NT looking for guidance or advice on how to handle this...

The end...

Ups told me that they have a GPS ping any time they scan a package... I'm worried that they actually delivered the packages and a neighbor stole them... Or perhaps the driver got busy on them in the back of the truck... I'm leaning more torwards my neighbors...

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited:
Cliffs:

Ordered 6 items from Nike last weekend. Some cool flyknit hyperdunks, Olympic gear, couple things off clearance... Anyways They shipped them in 4 packages all set to arrive today.

Packages said they were delivered at 5:05pm

i work from home, no knock, no slip, no signature, not left at leasing office. Nothing...

I call UPS, they say take it up with Nike. Our driver says she delivered them. may or may not follow up with you.

Nike says they'll investigate with UPS and replace the items if they deem ups responsible for the loss.

I live in an apartment.

UPS supervisor follows up. Is rude and defends driver. Says thinly vailed accusations like "as you claim" or "so you say..."

I make post on NT looking for guidance or advice on how to handle this...

The end...

Ups told me that they have a GPS ping any time they scan a package... I'm worried that they actually delivered the packages and a neighbor stole them... Or perhaps the driver got busy on them in the back of the truck... I'm leaning more torwards my neighbors...

Thanks in advance for any advice

yns

I've never had trouble with UPS, but don't they usually make sure someone is at home to get the packages (e.g. ring doorbell, etc.)?

UPS is the worst. Never get my package when I'm supposed to with them. Once got a package like a week or 2 after it was due :x

Only problem I had with ups was recently when I ordered some shoes that needed a signature. I didn't realize I needed to sign for it. I hear the truck and think ok they'll just leave it on my door. I don't hear any knock and find they left the missed delivery notice.

are there cameras in your building? do the pings indicate the packages were indeed delivered? if its an apartment they could have delivered it to another one mistakenly? I've had air conditioners dropped off at my crib that clearly stated the apartment 2 floors above me. 

merchants usually replace stuff regardless as long as your adamant you didnt receive a thing

Hard to fight UPS

if they say they delivered it, they stick with that story and sadly if they stick with the story they will deny the claim with Nike which in the end will screw you over.

In the end, if your neighbors don't have the items then a last resort is that you will have to file a chargeback with your CC which is still 50/50 since Nike will tell you CC that you claimed to not receive them and show them tracking that you did.

I think, in my opinion you should go tomorrow and file a police report for missing/stolen package as that might help you with Nike or your credit card company.

Good luck, if you have any questions PM me. I think the police report will help you.

Hard to fight UPS

if they say they delivered it, they stick with that story and sadly if they stick with the story they will deny the claim with Nike which in the end will screw you over.

In the end, if your neighbors don't have the items then a last resort is that you will have to file a chargeback with your CC which is still 50/50 since Nike will tell you CC that you claimed to not receive them and show them tracking that you did.

I think, in my opinion you should go tomorrow and file a police report for missing/stolen package as that might help you with Nike or your credit card company.

Good luck, if you have any questions PM me. I think the police report will help you.

Thanks l was considering that. It's never been easy for me with insurance or replacement on anything from flights to cell phones to well anything. I'm going to file the police report for sure.

Send me $200 through pay pal as a gift and I'll get your items.

UPS is always on some bull. Had a package delivered that was straight torn open, whole box empty. Called UPS to make inquiries but they basically told me they weren't going to do anything. Got refunded from the shipper but that's only because I'm a longtime customer with them. These days I do everything in my power to make sure that if not myself, someone I trust is around to get my packages.

Hard to fight UPS

Thanks l was considering that. It's never been easy for me with insurance or replacement on anything from flights to cell phones to well anything. I'm going to file the police report for sure.

That's hour best bet, that way they know you aren't lying and maybe UPS will change its tone but doubt it

Will def help with your credit card company if you have to go that far

I've never had trouble with UPS, but don't they usually make sure someone is at home to get the packages (e.g. ring doorbell, etc.)?
I work for a cell phone provider (the order department) and we deal with this constantly. If the UPS driver deems the area that its safe to deliver without signing them they'll deliver the package. Now if you signed up for the mandatory signing delivery, it's a different story.

Hard to fight UPS

What this guy said, filing a police report will definitely help get things somewhat sorted out and that you've escalated it with the authorities.

I hate when they fake like they delivered it, update the system and everything then actually deliver it the next day. :smh:

Last edited:
I won a claim with UPS back around 2010. I was able to get a Box Logo Hoodie from Supreme. UPS says it was delivered. I came home to nothing at my door step. Called UPS and Supreme. Both said I had to file a Police report. Once I got the incident #, I gave that to UPS. UPS then refunded the money to Supreme, Supreme then refunded the money to me. It's always the same ordeal. They speak to the driver, driver said he delivered, etc...

I won a claim with UPS back around 2010. I was able to get a Box Logo Hoodie from Supreme. UPS says it was delivered. I came home to nothing at my door step. Called UPS and Supreme. Both said I had to file a Police report. Once I got the incident #, I gave that to UPS. UPS then refunded the money to Supreme, Supreme then refunded the money to me. It's always the same ordeal. They speak to the driver, driver said he delivered, etc...
box logo would've been better then getting your money back

I remembered when I thought about working for them. The drivers work long days and have one day off. Six days a week. That's too much.

box logo would've been better then getting your money back

Oh I agree. I was fortunate to get one on a restock they had the following Tuesday after the original drop. But you know how fast those go. I asked Supreme, but of course their answer is all sold out.

I feel like most of these drivers just assume no one is home so they dont even bother ringing the doorbell or buzzer.

Hope you get your stuff OP, or your money back at the very least.

I feel like most of these drivers just assume no one is home so they dont even bother ringing the doorbell or buzzer.

Hope you get your stuff OP, or your money back at the very least.

thank you, and thank all of you for your support. I'll update this thread with more info. I have like 2 more packages coming from nike's clearance sale so I'm obviously on edge a bit.

Usps all ****** day. Ups and FedEx private compoanies. They can jack and open your **** no questioins asked.

Back
Top Bottom