Finished my interview @ Starbucks.. :hat

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]edit2:[/color] I got thejob.. she hired me right on the spot.
happy.gif

She said I was the only one out of 6 interviews to wear a tie
and that she knew she was going to hire me as soon as I turned
in my application. haha. starting pay is $8.10/hr and raise up
to 8.75 after 90 days. Free drinks 30 min before shift, during
shift, and 30 minutes after. etc.... i start this weekend. thanks
for the help and support nt...

NT,
I have a few serious questions about getting this job.
I really need a job and don't have too many options.
Starbucks seems to have good benefits and rewards so why not..
As far as the interview portion of working at Starbucks,
does anyone know what type of questions they ask?
Does anyone on here work at Starbucks or know somebody who does?
I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
nerd.gif

edit: I have gone to a few interviews before so I basically know what to expect
but I hear that Starbucks gets more in depth with them.. hence why I am wondering
so I could be a bit more prepared..

just%@$%+$$## wit them and let them know yur a good worker and blah, blah, blah and im sure yull get the job

Questions they might ask...

What is the greatest achievement in your life so far?
Why do you want to work here? / Why do you think we should hire you?

Be attentive, active, and friendly. Sit up in your seat. If there is a table of some sort, lean forward and fold your hands.

Google some tips about job interviews. They give out sample questions/questions to expect. Doesn't hurt to be prepared to answer questions you alreadyknow. But don't memorize your answers word for word because the questions may be asked a little different.

well, according to CNN, it IS the #7 best company to work for this year so good luck. I'm sure they'll just ask the typical why should we hire you? what can you bring to the team? if a co-worker was stealing, would you tell on him, etc. Just let them hear the answers they wanna hear and you should beserving me java chip frappacinno by this weekend
grin.gif

I found saying that your willing to work with people, both the customer and your co-workers. Also try to mention how you like the atmosphere that is created inthat it provides both optimum for the customer and the employee, the store is set up nicely for direct one-on-one selling, that you feel provides a good senseof customer relations. If possible work in that you would like to stick the company and would like to experience business at it's core, working withpeople.

Be prepared to answer this question, "What questions do you have for us?" I would go with, what are your policies on overtime (this shows you arewilling to work) and maybe go with how many employees are usually in the store (this shows you want to be a team player and work with others, along withplanning ahead and thinking in a "manager" mind set).

look forward to free coffee
laugh.gif

Nah just messin, be able to answer the Questions above

GOOD LUCK

I wouldn't go into much about coffee... that's for sure.

Companies like Starbucks want to know how well you work on a team, how dedicated you are, and how open you are to learning new things. Everyone can say theylike coffee and can make it really well, but what about customer service, people skills, communication, and teamwork.

The goal of any interview is to show you have a strong foundation to GROW with the company, even as a simple barista.

They don't care if you can make a grande skinny quad caramel machiatto on ice or not, but care about your ability to learn and use the skills.

You gotta sell yourself.

Another thing... overall, you have to explain to them...

"what value can I bring to the company"

Think about this question and have an answer prepared.

K2theAblaM: good stuff. that is what I was looking for. I wasn't planning on getting too much into coffee like you said and more so try and sell myself andmy abilities to work well with others.
that and let them know how great I am in customer service and the experience to back it up. Pretty much you cleared any doubts in my mind. thanks.

^^ I haven't looked into but it depends on which state you're in. I'm in Cali and I believe minimum wage is $8 or so.

edit: Well my interview is at 5pm today. (40 min from now) I'll come back and let you guys know what happened... :\

congrats, do you know your hrs? my sister use to work at a coffee shop, be prepared to smell like coffee, lol

DMan14: yea, thats what she said. that and you might get dirty but its all good. The main guy is supposed to contact me and let me know when to come in fortraining...
Im expecting anywhere from 16-26 hours a week which is perfectly fine with me. my spring semester is going to be pretty hard.

ah wish I saw this earlier. I work at sbucks. After memorizing everything and becoming comfortable for the first few months that job gets easy as hell. Tooeasy. I've worked at sbucks for about 2 years, you can cover shifts at any other location and the hours are
pimp.gif
. I would work from 4am - 9am and get a 5hour shift done before class. If you can get used to waking up at 4am opening is pretty dope. I like the feeling knowing I got in 8 hours of work from like 4am- 12pm at the same time most of my friends are wakin up. Cons of opening are coming back from parties buzzed and tired as hell at 3am and having to work at 4but its doable. If you got cool co-workers the job will be fun, if you dont have cool coworkers its pretty much gonna suck. Its not for everybody though,I'm not a people person at all and they expect me to chop it up with customers and give 100% customer service all the time. My coworkers try to crack jokesabout how I take orders, I pretty much just ask them what they want no smiles, no bs. Some locations have hot women walking in and out of them all the time tooso good op to meet people. GL on workin at sbucks.

Nice, If i may, what questions did they ask you, I wanna get an idea because I plan on applying the one next to my school.

Back
Top Bottom