First Step is a joke

So I went in to first step to get my baby sister some all-star chucks, and then I realized they had some Black Cat IVs, not in the glass, they were displayinem like they just got them. So I was like, "you guys got a restock?" And he was like yeah, one of blank amount of stores got a restock. So I waskinda stoked thinkin I would be able to get a pair of js that I never got. I was about to ask for a sz11, when I said, " u guys got em forretail?"....He was like na man, $200 + tax...I was shocked, I went fom wanting to buy them to being just disgusted with their store. I mean I canunderstand a mark-up, but then dude tried to start tellin me how they sell for $250-300, and i just agreed with him, when i was really innoyed...have u everheard aynone paying $300 for some black cat IVs? I guess i was just pissed, that he was tryin to tell me whats up...either way, this place is dead to me.

^co-sign, that place is hella wack. havent been there since eddie left, which was a minute ago.

I wouldn't even have gone along with him saying they were going for 250-300. Thats a silly price for some so-so shoes.

They are only $170-$185 on Vintage Kicks and their prices are usually $20-$30 higher then the going rate on kicks. I could see them selling them for maybe $150in a store since they are a year and a half old but $200 is rediculous!!!

laugh.gif

first step used to be the +%** back in the day when they were still on powell st! it was always hot as hell up there though.

Originally Posted by PETEROCK1

First step used to be the +%** back in the day when they were still on powell st! it

That's going way back. The store doesn't have much to offer now, but I've found some good pairs when I used to stop in there years ago.

both store on powell were the @#$%.......
used to sell stuff early too......
those were the days...

with sheik across the street this place is goin nowhere. They dont have a quickstrike urban account and Im not sure but last year they werent even getting LSrelease on jb....and their clothes are just horrible and i just laugh when looking at their consignmnet shelf....$950 for dmps + tax....u gotta be kidding me

I wouldn't even have gone along with him saying they were going for 250-300. Thats a silly price for some so-so shoes.

I agree with u about the kicks, but man I wasnt going to argue with this guy about the goin rate, ill just let him think that way while i laugh on the inside, feel me? We'll see how many pairs that he will sell at that rate

it's not the same first step anymore. not since they gave up the powell st store.now it's a hyphy / wannabe boutique kinda deal.

First Step is more like Fourth Step nowadays.........First Step lost a lot of customers because of a couple of factors, the main one being location. They aredirectly across the street from Shiekh their main competitor. They recently had two other locations, one in Metro Center D.C. and the other on Mission and 20thSt. They closed them down because of high lease payments and low sales. When First Step was on Powell, they were huge, because of their location. BeforeNiketown or Shiekh even set up shop, First Step was taking care of us. Now, they are amidst big time competition with tier zero availability. So where wouldyou go looking for kicks in downtown? I know where I'm going...IMO First Step should have invested all of their time and money into the Daly City location,where the main competition is at Serramonte, far away enough to keep afloat....The other main reason is their inventory. First Step has nothing special tooffer, in comparison to all the other shoe spots. I could be wrong but didn't they have some kind of exclusiveness with Nike?? I don't know - but theirstock is peanuts next to Shiekh and NTSF, or maybe even Champs and FL in the Westfield...They do carry exclusive "the city" and "yay area"clothing, I think that this is all they have to offer, yes it's unique but who are they really catering to??? Most of us have acquired a certain stylethrough the years, hence we've grown up... No Doubt I've got bay love, but there's a lot of other ways and outlets to show that.....there areFitteds, Jackets, even clothes that are a lot more clever out here.... Lastly the whole consignment deal is corny, who are they trying to sucker? Prices arebetter on the internet and the shoes are pairs that everybody already has...I'm sorry for the long read, it's the early morning coffee that's gotme twacked out........

I had a few friends at the Colma location and every time a hot kick was about to come out the manager from the SF store would transfer all the good sizesleaving all their regulars at the Colma store with nothing. I would spend $100-$200 month of shoes at Colma but, once I had to start looking elsewhere for hardto find shoes I never came back.

I'm starting to get the same way with my people over at The Spot in San Bruno. I asked for the 11's and I was told "I'll see what I cando?". Well, I go back after they are released and found myself a pair at Footlocker for retail. The guy at The Spot tells me I have those shows youwanted, I say "thanks but no thanks" and haven't bought another pair of shoes from them since then.

You should add "The Spot" to the list along with First Step.

I refused to go in there anymore when they charged 250 for invisable woman af1's. The one limited thing they got they jacked the price up. I have not spenta penny in there since.

well i heard they lost their JB account for a minute since they were preselling em. i think that's when the downfall started. no doubt it was a good storea couple years back with some decent deals, but now with all the changes it's pretty much done for em.

Back
Top Bottom