five guys > in-n-out according to zagat

Five guys is nice.
We have this local spot called Soul Burger, its in the most random spot too. top of an athletic complex you would never know it's there unless someone tells you or you go play tennis there. That's probably the best burger I've ever had and she sells kool aid too lol

Five guys is nice.
We have this local spot called Soul Burger, its in the most random spot too. top of an athletic complex you would never know it's there unless someone tells you or you go play tennis there. That's probably the best burger I've ever had and she sells kool aid too lol

Like I said, I don't go crazy for Five Guys, but I don't understand how In N Out can be better when half of their menu (the fries) are awful.

Like I said, I don't go crazy for Five Guys, but I don't understand how In N Out can be better when half of their menu (the fries) are awful.

five guys
pimp.gif

I had both within a week of each other and I prefer In N Out.  But it really depends on what you're after.  In N Out is the better pure burger, but if you want a ton of toppings, Five Guys is the way to go.  Toppings are unlimited at Five Guys and you can get stuff like sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, relish, bbq sauce, hot sauce, as well as the standard lettuce, tomato, onion, and typical condiments.  But like I said, it's the inferior burger.  It tastes just like something you can make at home or get at random BBQ.

As for the fries, it's no contest--In N Out fries are better.  Quality over quantity.  Five Guys gives you more fries than a normal person can eat but that doesn't mean they're good.  Peanut oil is overrated.  I'll go with the fresher taste of In N Out fries any day.

I had both within a week of each other and I prefer In N Out.  But it really depends on what you're after.  In N Out is the better pure burger, but if you want a ton of toppings, Five Guys is the way to go.  Toppings are unlimited at Five Guys and you can get stuff like sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, relish, bbq sauce, hot sauce, as well as the standard lettuce, tomato, onion, and typical condiments.  But like I said, it's the inferior burger.  It tastes just like something you can make at home or get at random BBQ.

As for the fries, it's no contest--In N Out fries are better.  Quality over quantity.  Five Guys gives you more fries than a normal person can eat but that doesn't mean they're good.  Peanut oil is overrated.  I'll go with the fresher taste of In N Out fries any day.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I've tried both...In-N-Out is better, especially in value. The 5 Guys burger is pretty good but it's greasy. The In-N-Out burger is simple, and always gets the job done.

The fries are better at Five Guys, but they need a smaller size for them.
Smaller size? It's part of Five Guys' Mantra. You probably want a smaller burrito from Chipotle. 

Five guys Fries > In-n-Out's fries

but In-n-out Burger > Five guys' Burger.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I've tried both...In-N-Out is better, especially in value. The 5 Guys burger is pretty good but it's greasy. The In-N-Out burger is simple, and always gets the job done.

The fries are better at Five Guys, but they need a smaller size for them.
Smaller size? It's part of Five Guys' Mantra. You probably want a smaller burrito from Chipotle. 

Five guys Fries > In-n-Out's fries

but In-n-out Burger > Five guys' Burger.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Shut your mouth you jobber! The fries compliment the burger perfectly.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Shut your mouth you jobber! The fries compliment the burger perfectly.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

Yo, just came back from a trip out west and tried everything, carl jrs, whataburger, fatburger, in and out...

they just opened a five guys out here and had it for the first time.

meh. honestly none really stand out against the rest.

WHAT A BURGER probably my fave chain.

love the steakhouses from BK and you can get em for under 10 bucks with fries and a drink.

it's hard to find a burger that makes people stop in their tracks. unless it's a burger from kuma's in chicago.
Is Kuma's good like that? I've heard nothing but rave reviews but cant seem to get it in my head its better than Paradise Pup or Edzo's
laugh.gif

Yo, just came back from a trip out west and tried everything, carl jrs, whataburger, fatburger, in and out...

love the steakhouses from BK and you can get em for under 10 bucks with fries and a drink.

it's hard to find a burger that makes people stop in their tracks. unless it's a burger from kuma's in chicago.
Is Kuma's good like that? I've heard nothing but rave reviews but cant seem to get it in my head its better than Paradise Pup or Edzo's
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

how are people hating on 5 guys fries? they are simple yet delicious and very filling espeically with some heinz ketchup. im a big lover of fries and i think they are one of the best fries.

Back
Top Bottom