Fivefingers for your feet

There mad to make running as natural as possible concept taken from a Mexcan tribe that run 50 miles on tire tread shoes tied with ropes on there feet. The concept actually strengthens your feet. but it kills your feet the first time cause you are forced to run with correct form using the balls of your feet. after that you are fine and soon discover your a more effective runner there is an article on these and even a semi book.

Most long distance runners seem to run in racing flats/spikes, which are pretty thin as it stands.. Other than the design with the toes being seperate, many racing flats over the years have been nothing but a fine piece of rubber/foam as your midsole

I don't sense the true accomplishment of this company.

I have even heard of runners using those aqua socks/water shoes to run in. THose truly are nothing but a thin layer of rubber. Possibly the closest thing to what these currently are, and those have been around for decades.

Google "Ld Running shoes" or  "XC running shoes"/ Minimalist running has been around for ages.

Not to say these are a terrible product. They just really aren't bringing anything truly new to the table. Marketing hype at it's finest.

Most long distance runners seem to run in racing flats/spikes, which are pretty thin as it stands.. Other than the design with the toes being seperate, many racing flats over the years have been nothing but a fine piece of rubber/foam as your midsole

I don't sense the true accomplishment of this company.

I have even heard of runners using those aqua socks/water shoes to run in. THose truly are nothing but a thin layer of rubber. Possibly the closest thing to what these currently are, and those have been around for decades.

Google "Ld Running shoes" or  "XC running shoes"/ Minimalist running has been around for ages.

Not to say these are a terrible product. They just really aren't bringing anything truly new to the table. Marketing hype at it's finest.

@WallyHopp Thanks for the insight! I was told this and did research and after what you said about there being minimalistic running shoes i looked it up and you are correct. I already knew about the waffles.

@WallyHopp Thanks for the insight! I was told this and did research and after what you said about there being minimalistic running shoes i looked it up and you are correct. I already knew about the waffles.

Before these shoes you couldn't make me run a mile...now I run 15-20 a week.  By far the best running shoe ever once you get used to them.  My gait is much different when I run in them.  I destroyed my first pair...bought to cop a second.  Had to give them a rest though because I developed what I self diagnosed as plantar fasciitis, I am going to give it another week before I run in them again.

ADVICE:

Do EVERYTHING you can to keep them dry...over time they will start to smell and I have yet to find a way to remedy it permanently...I wash them once a week

GET THEM AT REI!!!!  They have a lifetime guarantee on footwear.  If you keep your box and reciept you can swap them out if and when they start to tear up.  If you pay an extra $20 dollars for a membership you don't even need that....no questions asked for members. 

Before these shoes you couldn't make me run a mile...now I run 15-20 a week.  By far the best running shoe ever once you get used to them.  My gait is much different when I run in them.  I destroyed my first pair...bought to cop a second.  Had to give them a rest though because I developed what I self diagnosed as plantar fasciitis, I am going to give it another week before I run in them again.

ADVICE:

Do EVERYTHING you can to keep them dry...over time they will start to smell and I have yet to find a way to remedy it permanently...I wash them once a week

GET THEM AT REI!!!!  They have a lifetime guarantee on footwear.  If you keep your box and reciept you can swap them out if and when they start to tear up.  If you pay an extra $20 dollars for a membership you don't even need that....no questions asked for members. 

Y does every pther shoe have a gimmick nowadays? First Nike did the Free, then sketchers with the toning shoes, then zig shoes, propulsion shoes, now this.....

Y does every pther shoe have a gimmick nowadays? First Nike did the Free, then sketchers with the toning shoes, then zig shoes, propulsion shoes, now this.....

Originally Posted by illwill24

This isn't a gimmick. This is the closest you can get to  barefoot running which is what us humans had been doin for thousands of years before shoes came along. 

Originally Posted by illwill24

This isn't a gimmick. This is the closest you can get to  barefoot running which is what us humans had been doin for thousands of years before shoes came along. 

I've tried these but had to return them cuz they just don't work with my wide !%$ feet.

I've tried these but had to return them cuz they just don't work with my wide !%$ feet.

I too would like to know about how they would effect those who can only run on pavement, anyone try this? What about grass? I can try to find a large grassy area if anything, but I would really like to know about the pavement.

I too would like to know about how they would effect those who can only run on pavement, anyone try this? What about grass? I can try to find a large grassy area if anything, but I would really like to know about the pavement.

Every time I go to my local gym, I see 2 out of 5 people wearing these. Either these truly work or its all hype. I'll go with the former.

Every time I go to my local gym, I see 2 out of 5 people wearing these. Either these truly work or its all hype. I'll go with the former.

why buy fivefingers or any other running shoe for that matter.. when you can make the real deal Tarahumara Indian Huaraches for a much lower price.  Yes, Nike uses the names "terra" "humara" and "huarache" to marker their shoes.

Tarahumara Indian Huaraches for running:

why buy fivefingers or any other running shoe for that matter.. when you can make the real deal Tarahumara Indian Huaraches for a much lower price.  Yes, Nike uses the names "terra" "humara" and "huarache" to marker their shoes.

Tarahumara Indian Huaraches for running:

Back
Top Bottom