Fivefingers for your feet

over 50 dollars
eek.gif

i am a track coach, and know a lot of people that are into distance running etc.

The concept is ok, but it's tough on your feet and it's a big change from a normal running shoe... say a nike pegasus, or an asics shoe to these things...

The shock on the feet a lot of times is too quick for people...

My boy who works in a running shoe store says that people who are using these, other barefoot style shoes, or just running barefoot are having a huge uptick in rare stress fractures that used to never happen to runners...

I think transitioning to a shoe like that can be good for a lot of people, but there are a lot of gait analysis experts out there who say that people with high arches need that support and if their foot collapses too much it can cause some serious problems throughout the body... not just feet... knees, hips etc...

so you gotta be careful in what you do with them

i am a track coach, and know a lot of people that are into distance running etc.

The concept is ok, but it's tough on your feet and it's a big change from a normal running shoe... say a nike pegasus, or an asics shoe to these things...

The shock on the feet a lot of times is too quick for people...

My boy who works in a running shoe store says that people who are using these, other barefoot style shoes, or just running barefoot are having a huge uptick in rare stress fractures that used to never happen to runners...

I think transitioning to a shoe like that can be good for a lot of people, but there are a lot of gait analysis experts out there who say that people with high arches need that support and if their foot collapses too much it can cause some serious problems throughout the body... not just feet... knees, hips etc...

so you gotta be careful in what you do with them

little too out there for me although one day i may just pull the trigger and buy a pair just to see how they feel

little too out there for me although one day i may just pull the trigger and buy a pair just to see how they feel

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

is it true that they come w. a granola bar & a hackey sack?
hahahahahahhaahahaa good one

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

is it true that they come w. a granola bar & a hackey sack?
hahahahahahhaahahaa good one

Got a pair (bikilas for $80) a few days ago, they're comfy as hell and perfect for the gym. For squats and deadlifts you get so much more stability.

Ended up buying another pair (KSOs for $40) so I can rotate em and hopefully keep them from stinking too bad.

Highly highly recommend checking these out

Got a pair (bikilas for $80) a few days ago, they're comfy as hell and perfect for the gym. For squats and deadlifts you get so much more stability.

Ended up buying another pair (KSOs for $40) so I can rotate em and hopefully keep them from stinking too bad.

Highly highly recommend checking these out

^ Where are you getting KSOs for $40?! That is a great price considering I paid almost $100 CDN each pair for mine... I rotate between my black pair & the blue camo that the OP posted at the gym.

Basically since I am following a powerlifting template for the gym they are the best all around for most exercises, though that won't mean I won't give the NB or Merrell models a change if they drop to $50 or so...

Adidas has the Adipure knockoff version of this but I've heard the three stripes system is too constrictive to those with high vamps or wide feet...

Would love to come up on Bikilas for cheap... Trust me, do your leg workouts in these for awhile & you'll find that Nike Frees are too "high" in the heel area.

^ Where are you getting KSOs for $40?! That is a great price considering I paid almost $100 CDN each pair for mine... I rotate between my black pair & the blue camo that the OP posted at the gym.

Basically since I am following a powerlifting template for the gym they are the best all around for most exercises, though that won't mean I won't give the NB or Merrell models a change if they drop to $50 or so...

Adidas has the Adipure knockoff version of this but I've heard the three stripes system is too constrictive to those with high vamps or wide feet...

Would love to come up on Bikilas for cheap... Trust me, do your leg workouts in these for awhile & you'll find that Nike Frees are too "high" in the heel area.

yeah these are really good for your feet. they strengthen you feet when you run in them. Nike made their equivalent shoe called the nike run3 or nike free v3 or something like that they look like free runs but less padding. pretty good shoe if you want to do strength training. wouldn't recomend standing in them all day or running far in them the first time you get them.

yeah these are really good for your feet. they strengthen you feet when you run in them. Nike made their equivalent shoe called the nike run3 or nike free v3 or something like that they look like free runs but less padding. pretty good shoe if you want to do strength training. wouldn't recomend standing in them all day or running far in them the first time you get them.

Since nobody answered the running on pavement question... All i run on is a track or pavement for the most part and my feet have been fine. If you have really tender feet you might want to ease into the longer distances though. I would recommend these though if you're going to give it a fair shot and not take them back when its a little uncomfortable after the first few wears.

Back
Top Bottom