FIXED GEARS

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

not really a fan of risers but real clean build .
smokin.gif

Im actually ordering some drops this week, and hopefully a new chainring soon. Then it'll be ready for the track...although track season just ended
eyes.gif

I guess beginner sessions will have to do till next spring. Although I'll probably still use the risers on the street.

That mashinelli is looking right. I had actually preordered that frame a while back, but when I came across the samson I had to go for it. I would just becarefull with that seat post I've heard of a few people snapping them.

The cdale look great, very nice build.

anyway, I picked up a bike today from one of my Uncle's. Kinda beat up but it was free.
30n9d0z.jpg

I know it isn't a fixed gear but it's just something to cruise around on, I want to clean it up a bit by painting it.
What kind of paint should I use and is there anything that would remove rust?

Just make sure to sand it down, before repainting it.
Also, primer before the paint, and clear coat after, a few coats of each.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Just make sure to sand it down, before repainting it.
Also, primer before the paint, and clear coat after, a few coats of each.
thanks, I think I'll do that.
Also, I'm gonna go with spray paint since I don't want to spend that much. I want to paint it hot pink and flat black.
What spray paint should I go with? All the brand's make a flat black color but I'm having trouble finding the hot pink color.
Anyone know where I can find it?
nerd.gif

if you are having trouble finding a specific color look for an automotive paint store. They usually stock a bunch of colors or can get you a custom color (notcheap though). Most shops can put the paint in a can for you, so just make sure to ask. Other than that, I know kragen usually stocks a bunch of color.

Just came in yesterday and I still gotta finish up a couple things before I can take it out for a spin.

I can't get over the Darth Maul color scheme
smokin.gif

xpv78j.jpg

my dad came home with this because i wanted a fixed gear. is this a good bike? i know nothing. haha.http://photobucket.com my dad definitely didnt want to get me a fixedgear becasue he's a pro cyclist but i changed his mind obviously. its the GIANT BOWERY '84

Originally Posted by gberdin

my dad came home with this because i wanted a fixed gear. is this a good bike? i know nothing. haha.http://photobucket.com my dad definitely didnt want to get me a fixed gear becasue he's a pro cyclist but i changed his mind obviously. its the GIANT BOWERY '84

Giant makes great bikes overall, I know a couple of people that ride giants and I've never heard any complaints. I'm not entirely sure on whatcomponents are on your frame, but if they are the stock ones I'm sure they are fine, especially if you are just learning. Over all the bike looks great,ride the hell out of it and enjoy it.

Speaking of the Giant Bowery, here I am on one in the 2010 Giant Bicycles catalog that just released:

I got to ride for a bit during downtime and it was a great time. They make some awesome bikes.

Here's my bike, not a fixed gear. Raleigh Competition 2003: Full Shimano Ultegra Components

Back
Top Bottom