Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure....Good or Bad?

Originally Posted by PoloLax

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

I'm 100% cool with it.

If you NEED FAFSA and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the time comes.

If you NEED welfare and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the times comes.

It's not a race issue. It's not a rich v. poor issue. It's the simple issue that drugs are illegal, whether you are poor, rich, black or white. If you want FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for something, you better be working your +@+ off while receiving it, or atleast trying too.

Don't give me cop out excuses that this is unfair. It's not.

What if the kids applying are taking Rx drugs that will come up on detection?

I bypassed a lot of things in this thread but this is just so flawed it is almost unfair to go after.

First of all YES, students should not be taking drugs, especially ones receiving grant money 
laugh.gif

People should definitely not be on drugs and driving 
laugh.gif

I mean you are probably just some college kid trying to get his point across but you sound ridiculous, listen to yourself.

What is the point of this law when we have Congressmen and Senators funneling money to the military to kill innocent civilians around the world? Are these people drug tested? Now compare this to drug testing people for Welfare, it is going to make that much of a difference if some people are weeded out of the process?

As someone who is out of college, grad school, and paid for myself and is a medical professional, there is a lot more fraud, waste, and abuse with Medicaid in the State of Florida. This law is strictly a financial move for Rick Scott because he owns the company that will be drug testing.

The only way to stop this is to eliminate Welfare entirely and let local charities take care of the situation. They are far more better suited and have the ability to monitor the "waste" way better than bureaucrats in a distant capital.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

I'm 100% cool with it.

If you NEED FAFSA and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the time comes.

If you NEED welfare and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the times comes.

It's not a race issue. It's not a rich v. poor issue. It's the simple issue that drugs are illegal, whether you are poor, rich, black or white. If you want FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for something, you better be working your +@+ off while receiving it, or atleast trying too.

Don't give me cop out excuses that this is unfair. It's not.

What if the kids applying are taking Rx drugs that will come up on detection?

I bypassed a lot of things in this thread but this is just so flawed it is almost unfair to go after.

First of all YES, students should not be taking drugs, especially ones receiving grant money 
laugh.gif

People should definitely not be on drugs and driving 
laugh.gif

I mean you are probably just some college kid trying to get his point across but you sound ridiculous, listen to yourself.

What is the point of this law when we have Congressmen and Senators funneling money to the military to kill innocent civilians around the world? Are these people drug tested? Now compare this to drug testing people for Welfare, it is going to make that much of a difference if some people are weeded out of the process?

As someone who is out of college, grad school, and paid for myself and is a medical professional, there is a lot more fraud, waste, and abuse with Medicaid in the State of Florida. This law is strictly a financial move for Rick Scott because he owns the company that will be drug testing.

The only way to stop this is to eliminate Welfare entirely and let local charities take care of the situation. They are far more better suited and have the ability to monitor the "waste" way better than bureaucrats in a distant capital.

Back
Top Bottom