Floyd paid $$$ to lure OJ Mayo to USC

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If the NCAA is gonna crack down on this, then they also need to look at the shady +*+ agreements that many schools give "family and friends" of star recruits where they put them on the coaching staff....
Yahoo! Sports stays hating on SC,
laugh.gif

I'm no fool, this !!*$ happens, it happens all around the country.

the classic USC fan replay " o it happens everywhere"

a coaching paying to get a player to come to there school doesnt happen all the time
laugh.gif
, we just don't pretend like it doesn't happen.

UCLA holier than though actin' as if nothing happened, when even Wooden's teams were getting extra benefits.

laugh.gif
exactly... there are boosters all around the country. there are NOT coaches all around the country who will allow you to walk into their office and demand money for a player.
Didn't know Floyd had an office in Beverly Hills,
laugh.gif
. If he did "help" him out by giving him an envelope of cash, there is no concrete evidence of it. Just this guy's word, a guy who convenientlybefriended a HS phenom and then turns around and says he was dropped from the inner circle because other people were being greedy,
laugh.gif

No way it was only $1000

Did they ever investigate that Lil Romeo/Demarr Derozen scholarship situation?
nerd.gif

Yeah, it happens a lot. The NCAA will pick and choose its battles, usually allowing schools that bring in more money to its corporation off with a slap on the wrist. I wonder if U$C sells a lot of NCAA authorized merchandise.
nerd.gif

Yes they do, just like Ohio $tate, Mi¢higan, Ok£ahoma, F£orida, U¢LA, A£abama, L$U....I could go on and on
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Damn...Yahoo hates our school.
Yes they do, editors must have graduated from other Pac 10 schools,
laugh.gif

I have a feeling curt1212 is running things at Yahoo. They do have HQ near Stanford and Berkeley.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Damn...Yahoo hates our school.
next should be an expose on how you've been juicing since HS.... i met a guy who played on the Bergen Catholic football team with you
nerd.gif

ooIRON MANoo i know USC is your team but you donthave to defend them on EVERYTHING, its clear as day something shady went down with OJ and USC and this is like the 3rd major story on it. what does the"other schools do it to" have anything to do with this?

. Just this guy's word, a guy who conveniently befriended a HS phenom and then turns around and says he was dropped from the inner circle because other people were being greedy,
how do u think most of these storys break?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ooIRON MANoo i know USC is your team but you dont have to defend them on EVERYTHING, its clear as day something shady went down with OJ and USC and this is like the 3rd major story on it. what does the "other schools do it to" have anything to do with this?

. Just this guy's word, a guy who conveniently befriended a HS phenom and then turns around and says he was dropped from the inner circle because other people were being greedy,
how do u think most of these storys break?
The crazy thing as there is little substance to these, it's the same cat (Louis Johnson) with the same story. Other media outlets haven'teven picked it up. ESPN did a story on "Outside the Lines" back in May of last year, it has since been dropped. OJ Mayo has already finished withhis rookie NBA season, and Yahoo! continues to fish on this story,
laugh.gif
. They can't let it go.

I am outspoken about these two situations, because it is the same sports news outlet trying to "expose" something that is not really that big of adeal, when put in perspective. It seems like, Yahoo! Sports has a vendetta against USC.

I will be surprised if the LA Times picks up this story. It isn't even on their website. I read Yahoo! Sports daily, they have some good stuff, but whenit comes to USC
grin.gif
. I take it with a grain of salt. No one is picking upthis story, because there is nothing new to report. It is the same Louis Johnson that tried to expose the program last season, and got nowhere. Just a salty+%# dude trying to get paid.

One of the reasons Renardo Sydney got dropped was that he had a hanger on, his step dad, that might 'cause trouble down the road. It wasn't worth therisk. It is safe to say that Floyd has learned from the Mayo situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd paid off Mayo, but people need to realize that this completely different from Bush situation.

Also, people need to check sources before eating up everything Yahoo has to say. Dan Wetzel and the rest of the guys there have stayed hatin on SC for yearsnow. You guys ever wonder why Yahoo is the only publication releasing these stories? It's cause they're the only ones that'll publish the newsdespite it coming from a very questionable sources.

If you guys think Louis Johnson is an objective source, I got a bridge for sale.

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

isnt this why USC isnt taking Renardo Sydney?
renardo sidney's is an even more messy situation than mayo...once everything comes to light he'll have to go overseas..

his family got 20k to move to cali from mississippi and his parents live in a 1.2M house.

And it's dumb that this is coming out right now. Why didn't they just report this last year with the whole OJ scandal?

The crazy thing as there is little substance to these, it's the same cat (Louis Johnson) with the same story. Other media outlets haven't even picked it up. ESPN did a story on "Outside the Lines" back in May of last year, it has since been dropped. OJ Mayo has already finished with his rookie NBA season, and Yahoo! continues to fish on this story,
laugh.gif
. They can't let it go.

I am outspoken about these two situations, because it is the same sports news outlet trying to "expose" something that is not really that big of a deal, when put in perspective. It seems like, Yahoo! Sports has a vendetta against USC.

I will be surprised if the LA Times picks up this story. It isn't even on their website. I read Yahoo! Sports daily, they have some good stuff, but when it comes to USC
grin.gif
. I take it with a grain of salt. No one is picking up this story, because there is nothing new to report. It is the same Louis Johnson that tried to expose the program last season, and got nowhere. Just a salty +%# dude trying to get paid.

One of the reasons Renardo Sydney got dropped was that he had a hanger on, his step dad, that might 'cause trouble down the road. It wasn't worth the risk. It is safe to say that Floyd has learned from the Mayo situation.
Yeah sorry buddy usc is going down, just to what extent. I remember when floyd was asked about recruiting mayo - "I didn't have torecruit him at all. He actually called me. I'm coming coach."
laugh.gif

I thought they would go after the reggie house incident first though.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

isnt this why USC isnt taking Renardo Sydney?
renardo sidney's is an even more messy situation than mayo...once everything comes to light he'll have to go overseas..

his family got 20k to move to cali from mississippi and his parents live in a 1.2M house.

Lol, they should've just let em use "reggie's" place for a couple years.

Yeah sorry buddy usc is going down, just to what extent. I remember when floyd was asked about recruiting mayo - "I didn't have to recruit him at all. He actually called me. I'm coming coach."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the wishful thinkers. Nothing is going to happen.

11242118595yCe0f.jpg

Yup, that is why UCLA backed off, and then USC backed off. His family was getting paid by Sonny Vaccaro. Vaccaro funded the Sydney's movefrom Mississippi to Cali. His transfer from Artesia to Fairfax was shady as well. Renardo has a lot of red flags. He is going to have to take the BrandonJennings route.

You don't even know what ur talkin about, Reggie lived off campus at USC in a @#@!#$ #*+ apartment and drove a @#@!#$ #*+ car too.
indifferent.gif

just cuz the greatest CFB player to ever play wasnt on ur team's roster doesn't give u the right to make up rumors
grin.gif

Yeah sorry buddy usc is going down, just to what extent. I remember when floyd was asked about recruiting mayo - "I didn't have to recruit him at all. He actually called me. I'm coming coach."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the wishful thinkers. Nothing is going to happen.

11242118595yCe0f.jpg

Yup, that is why UCLA backed off, and then USC backed off. His family was getting paid by Sonny Vaccaro. Vaccaro funded the Sydney's move from Mississippi to Cali. His transfer from Artesia to Fairfax was shady as well. Renardo has a lot of red flags. He is going to have to take the Brandon Jennings route.

A father of a UCLA player told me UCLA backed out because he had a deal w/ Fairfax that allowed him to have an apt across from the school and hedidnt have to show up for classes.

This just in... USC students, alumni, and faculty could care less about the basketball program.

and $1000?!?! Come on...

If people want to investigate about a money making scheme how about taking a look at the NCAA being able to use any college athletes likeness and sell them offto EA sports for millions of dollars.

"The problem that happens in these situations is G-R-E-E-D, first and foremost, and then P-O-W-E-R," Johnson said. "Those two things kill these types of situations all the time. People get greedy and people get power-hungry. Once that happens, that's it"
Sounds like the framework for another money making scheme.... The BCS

Back
Top Bottom