Flyknit Chukka Thread

Hey guys,

I need your help. I wanna pick up my first pair of Flyknit Chukka's. I am a size 10.5 in my Janoski Max (I have the midnight blue and black/white) as I have really freaking wide feet. I'm about to jump on these Chukka's in my favourite colourway but they only have a size 11 available. Do you think they will be okay?

Hey guys,

I need your help. I wanna pick up my first pair of Flyknit Chukka's. I am a size 10.5 in my Janoski Max (I have the midnight blue and black/white) as I have really freaking wide feet. I'm about to jump on these Chukka's in my favourite colourway but they only have a size 11 available. Do you think they will be okay?
I've dived in for the Free Flyknit Chukka in the Black/Platinum/White colourway from Size?

They have free returns anyway, but I'm hoping that with my 10.5 Janoski max's being snug, the 11 in the Chukka will be fine. I'm so hyped to get these!

Last edited:
^been looking for that colorway for awhile. IMO chukka's are way to over priced, but I like the design just refuse to
pay retail on any style or colorway.

I've dived in for the Free Flyknit Chukka in the Black/Platinum/White colourway from Size?

They have free returns anyway, but I'm hoping that with my 10.5 Janoski max's being snug, the 11 in the Chukka will be fine. I'm so hyped to get these!
I have a pair of these, and I'm a big fan. You'll like them. So clean. I wear 10.5 in Lunar chukkas and in Free flyknits and Roshes, I stayed TTS with these and there wasn't a problem.

I have a pair of these, and I'm a big fan. You'll like them. So clean. I wear 10.5 in Lunar chukkas and in Free flyknits and Roshes, I stayed TTS with these and there wasn't a problem.
Sweet, that's good to hear man. Do you think going up .5 will make a huge difference? I tried my Janoski Max (10.5) on again last night with a pair of Dryfit long's and they were snug, and I wouldn't have minded a little more room to be honest. These Chukka's will be my main Fall/Winter kicks, hyped.

Sweet, that's good to hear man. Do you think going up .5 will make a huge difference? I tried my Janoski Max (10.5) on again last night with a pair of Dryfit long's and they were snug, and I wouldn't have minded a little more room to be honest. These Chukka's will be my main Fall/Winter kicks, hyped.
These fit 0.5 to a full size big from TTS and would not recommend sizing up on them at all. If you're planning thick socks and you've wide feet then TTS sounds about right.

These fit 0.5 to a full size big from TTS and would not recommend sizing up on them at all. If you're planning thick socks and you've wide feet then TTS sounds about right.

Ah, okay. Damn. Well, I've seen posts from people in this thread to go up, down and stay TTS. They've been delivered now so I'll try them on tonight and see how they feel. If they are too big I'll probably get some sort of innersole as nowhere sells this CW anymore in the UK/EU and I don't wanna miss out. I'll keep you posted later.

This is a hard question to answer. The Frees do feel barely bigger to me than the Lunars, but only barely, maybe like a quarter size bigger. I think that completely depends on what your feet are like. Mine are relatively narrow, and I find that as long as the length is decent enough, I can live with the variation in width. If you have a  wider foot, that can be more difficult because shoes often end up fitting to snug, or seem to long in the toe. My guess is you'll be fine, especially with socks that have any noticeable thickness.

This is a hard question to answer. The Frees do feel barely bigger to me than the Lunars, but only barely, maybe like a quarter size bigger. I think that completely depends on what your feet are like. Mine are relatively narrow, and I find that as long as the length is decent enough, I can live with the variation in width. If you have a  wider foot, that can be more difficult because shoes often end up fitting to snug, or seem to long in the toe. My guess is you'll be fine, especially with socks that have any noticeable thickness.

Thank you sir, repped.

So my Chukka's came today in the completely wrong colourway. I got the light grey/green with the sage detailing and salmon sole. Yuck, not my thing at all. Very disappointed. Returning for sure and getting a full refund. Won't bother with them again.

On the plus side, this Flyknit Lunar in an 11 fitted so nicely. Only about 0.75 inch toe gap and the width was on point for me.

Thank you sir, repped.

So my Chukka's came today in the completely wrong colourway. I got the light grey/green with the sage detailing and salmon sole. Yuck, not my thing at all. Very disappointed. Returning for sure and getting a full refund. Won't bother with them again.

On the plus side, this Flyknit Lunar in an 11 fitted so nicely. Only about 0.75 inch toe gap and the width was on point for me.
You're welcome! Totally weird that they sent you the wrong color way, though. What size did you end up with? I might be interested in buying that pair from you. I've been trying to find a pair in that color way for a while. Is this the color way they sent you?:

http://sneakernews.com/2013/05/13/nike-lunar-flyknit-chukka-tarp-green-black-silver-total-crimson/

Last edited:
Your welcome! Totally weird that they sent you the wrong color way, though. What size did you end up with? I might be interested in buying that pair from you. I've been trying to find a pair in that color way for a while. Is this the color way they sent you?:

http://sneakernews.com/2013/05/13/nike-lunar-flyknit-chukka-tarp-green-black-silver-total-crimson/

Yeah dude, bizarre.

That's the CW right there. They are UK size 11, but I'm going to return them to Size tomorrow, man.

FNL dropped the price on a few colorways.  Went ahead and copped my first pair of Flyknit Chukkas with a Free sole.  Like the colorway, and the price can't be beat with some coupon stacking.

Back
Top Bottom