=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

I'm really just now getting into non basketball sneakers as I'm getting older and feel more ridiculous taking the insane measures to acquire those shoes. Really was just ignorant to the fact there existed a comfort level of sneaker that still looked so visually appealing casually. I'm going to end up with every colorway of these, probably should've picked up the Electric Green colorway today while it was still there. I'm a sucker for a speckled midsole...

Welcome to the club! :nthat: Just like you, as I got older (I'm in my 20s), I began to be attracted by genres of sneakers other than Basketball and Basketball retros, specifically running shoes.

I used to be ALL about Basketball sneakers more than seven years ago. I was into Brons, Jordans, Penny's, you name it; However, as I started running to lose weight and get healthy, I got more into running shoes, so the transition was probably inevitable for me haha. I sold off DOZENS and DOZENS of my basketball shoes since all I wore were my running shoes. Now, I only have three pairs of Basketball sneakers; Playoff XIIs, Playoff XIIIs and Black/Red Bron 2s and about 30-40 running shoes consisting of Lunars, FRs, Roshes and AMs.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club! :nthat: Just like you, as I got older (I'm in my 20s), I began to be attracted by genres of sneakers other than Basketball and Basketball retros, specifically running shoes.

I used to be ALL about Basketball sneakers more than seven years ago. I was into Brons, Jordans, Penny's, you name it; However, as I started running to lose weight and get healthy, I got more into running shoes, so the transition was probably inevitable for me haha. I sold off DOZENS and DOZENS of my basketball shoes since all I wore were my running shoes. Now, I only have three pairs of Basketball sneakers; Playoff XIIs, Playoff XIIIs and Black/Red Bron 2s and about 30-40 running shoes consisting of Lunars, FRs, Roshes and AMs.

Yup this the path I'm going down now almost exactly, same reasoning, same logic, same addiction, same transition being made, same age frame :lol:

Guess that makes sense though since it's the smart decision to make given the lifestyle switch to running. Of all the shoes I've seen come the last few years, I can honestly say I haven't been as excited to get a pair of shoes as I am for my first pair of these next week sometime. I like many of the shoes I bought or sold them off, THESE & last year's flyknit trainer release were the only ones I anticipated though like crazy.

Could you guys imagine if they made a shield version of these??? Oh my, I would never not run in flyknits(provided they made the changes I believe they did)

Welcome to the club!
nthat.gif
Just like you, as I got older (I'm in my 20s), I began to be attracted by genres of sneakers other than Basketball and Basketball retros, specifically running shoes.

Add me to this list as well.  I was grabbing Jordans that I missed out on in my youth, but once Roshe hit, I shifted focus.  Now I don't even go in the Jordan forum anymore, ignore all those releases, and feel more - I don't know, adult?  I'm 38, so I guess my shoe game should finally grow up.

I still grab Js but only the ones I really like...I don't grab all the re re releases anymore unless I never had a pair to begin with...I've already shifted focus and after the black/royal 1s I doubt JB will be getting anymore of my money in 2013...

Nice, yall! Regarding Jordans, I got pretty much all that I wanted (at the time) but kept the only two that mattered to me the most.

Back to the topic...

Size? just made 4 cws available.

Price there is £140 ($221!). I find it pretty interesting that the OGs are priced at £150 ($237) since they're less of a shoe (tech and materials) than the F1s.

The marquee cw is growing on me now... :smh:

These are being sold at various FNL and DSG right now and have been for a while I believe. I just picked up the Royal/Volt colorway today, less than two hours ago. I thought Roshes were comfy, these blow them out of the water!!!
The Lunar Eclipses have been blowing the Roshes and Free Runs for some time now in terms of comfort. You didn't know?
Lunar Eclipses might be the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.  Talk about walking/running on clouds.
I'm really just now getting into non basketball sneakers as I'm getting older and feel more ridiculous taking the insane measures to acquire those shoes. Really was just ignorant to the fact there existed a comfort level of sneaker that still looked so visually appealing casually. I'm going to end up with every colorway of these, probably should've picked up the Electric Green colorway today while it was still there. I'm a sucker for a speckled midsole...
Welcome to the club!
nthat.gif
Just like you, as I got older (I'm in my 20s), I began to be attracted by genres of sneakers other than Basketball and Basketball retros, specifically running shoes.

Sounds like the same path I took to get into runners and training type shoes. Made a concession by selling like 20 pairs of Retro+ colorways, lol.  Strictly OG colorways unless something blows me away.  Like many, Royal 1's are the only must cop for me.  Those, Black Toe 1's, and Black Toe 13's.  I wear my runners way too much to stock up on shoes that don't see the light of day much since I'm in a shirt and tie 5 days a week.

You also have to love the lack of hype for shoes like these.  For the price of one pair of Retros, I can get like 3 pairs of runners after they hit clearance.

Damn, guess it's not just me here, too! I am like that now... once a heavy LeBron collector when I got into shoes in '08 and was ACTUALLY being a hypebeast back then, I cleaned up and when I got the Pegasus+ 28 for shoes for work, that was it. LeBron collecton side is very limited now, it used to be devastating. Now running shoes and training shoes from time to time are the way to go.

With running shoes, it is everything that basketball is not, which is awesome! No hype, no need to rush for purchases, no need to wake up at f'king 5am in the West Coast for good shoes (maybe the Flyknit Lunar1s, but i highly doubt it), and you can definitely be able to use discounts easily!

Last edited:

The repsonses to this Ray sound like we are in a reformed sneaker head club. Like an Alcoholics Anonymous for sneaker heads.

As everyone sits on chairs in a circle:
"Hi, my name is Cody, and I used to be addicted to buying basketball shoes, but now I buy running shoes."
Everyone.... "Hiiiii Cody!"

Haha. My path was a little different. I went from a quick stint in Jordans to nothing but SB's. As of recent it has been all running shoes: FR2, FR3, Powerlines, Flyknits.

I would like to see a better pic of all the colors in that pic up above. Some of them look crazy! These are going to be a problem

Back
Top Bottom