=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

Does anyone know if the MCs are coming to FNL?  Their release calender doesn't list it, but they don't list everything anyway.  I'm trying to cop for under retail...

A Size 10.5 will be available on RRS if anyone wants it...I just canceled my long wait pair...

multis and other wave 3 colors at undefeated stores

Question on RRS: It's showing processing but has not charged me yet, is this pair going to get cancelled or am I in the clear? Thanks.

MC's just arrived from Nike.com. Took a quick cell phone pic. Will post more pics later.

First Impressions: Colors are more bright and vibrant in daylight rather than standard indoor lighting. I kind of found this to be true for all my Flyknits because they just seem to pop more in sunlight. Maybe its just the yellowish lighting that comes off from light bulbs. :rolleyes

I'm still not totally sold on em yet. I'll see what the fam thinks because $170 is a lot for a shoe.

mine came in today, too, and i'm returning them. other pairs may be different, but there's a predominantly green hue to the mix of colors, and i'd rather it be blue or red. maybe i'll see some more in person and then make a decision. the 008 colorway is still tempting, though

Last edited:
I think many of us were set up to be disappointed based on the pictures that floated around for months. I wanted a bolder shoe than the dull look nike ended up going with.

MC's just arrived from Nike.com. Took a quick cell phone pic. Will post more pics later.

First Impressions: Colors are more bright and vibrant in daylight rather than standard indoor lighting. I kind of found this to be true for all my Flyknits because they just seem to pop more in sunlight. Maybe its just the yellowish lighting that comes off from light bulbs. :rolleyes

I'm still not totally sold on em yet. I'll see what the fam thinks because $170 is a lot for a shoe.

That is what I don't like about it. The shoe is just way too exspensive. Nike shoes in the past was always priced on the amount of air it had. This literally is just material and I really don't think it is expensive material at that. Unless each shoe just takes tons of man power to make (granted I don't know how these shoes are made), then it is way to overpriced.

That is what I don't like about it. The shoe is just way too exspensive. Nike shoes in the past was always priced on the amount of air it had. This literally is just material and I really don't think it is expensive material at that. Unless each shoe just takes tons of man power to make (granted I don't know how these shoes are made), then it is way to overpriced.
I agree completely. I had no problem dropping $200 on a pair of AM 2013's. The only innovative technology about this shoe is how it is made. Granted, the flyknit shoes  are very light, which becomes more important the longer you run but these aren't marathon shoes. These are for the treadmill, short 5mi runs, and just something to wear to the gym. That being said, I have been waiting on this color since the first pictures showed up months ago and bought without hesitation.

I agree completely. I had no problem dropping $200 on a pair of AM 2013's. The only innovative technology about this shoe is how it is made. Granted, the flyknit shoes  are very light, which becomes more important the longer you run but these aren't marathon shoes. These are for the treadmill, short 5mi runs, and just something to wear to the gym. That being said, I have been waiting on this color since the first pictures showed up months ago and bought without hesitation.
nope, these can be used on marathons. 

They pretty much master-engineered the machines that produces the FK patterns and such, and $160 for these is robbery, imho. However, I'd pay retail for the original 444 cw, as I like them A LOT! An outlet I frequent at least once a month has a couple of F1s for $100. Even at that price, I'm hesitant, unless it's a cw I really like. Last time I was there, I saw a few Wave 1 cws. I also saw the LunarFlash which has the same EXACT lunar set-up as the F1s. They just have a traditional mesh upper, and they were priced at $60 there. I'd imagine they'd have a similar ride to the F1s, but the traditional mesh upper felt better than the FK.

What's more of a robbery are the ZFKs because the sole tech is obsolete. Durability seems to be an issue for them as well, if you plan to run in them. I can't imagine that sole holding up for more than 300mi.

I agree completely. I had no problem dropping $200 on a pair of AM 2013's. The only innovative technology about this shoe is how it is made. Granted, the flyknit shoes are very light, which becomes more important the longer you run but these aren't marathon shoes. These are for the treadmill, short 5mi runs, and just something to wear to the gym. That being said, I have been waiting on this color since the first pictures showed up months ago and bought without hesitation.

I have one pair. Though I haven't run in them and am an avid runner, they feel like they can DEFINITELY handle a full marathon.

Last edited:
^Those are starting to look better than their counterparts (Mens). A Black tongue on either would look :wow:! Someone give it a shot! :nerd:

About the price being so high, you need to remember that this is a whole new genre of a shoe, much like the foamposites in the 90's. While Flyknit may not be as ahead of its time, it still requires a lot of work to get off the ground. The foamposites cost so much at the original release not because of Nike being greedy but because it was, like I said, a new genre of shoes. A new last had to be made for every size 8-15 or whatever the OG run was and a mold had to be made for each size's foamposite upper. This cost Nike a lot of money and it reflected on the price. Now for flyknit, it again is an entirely new idea. Yes, a machine makes them in Thailand but the machine had to be told what to do. Each size had to be engineered and programmed to be knitted in unique patterns for men and women. Not only does this take a lot of time and effort, you have large numbers of people working on this project, earning a decent salary. Do I think the Flyknit really costs Nike $160 to produce? No, but it takes a restless and innovative company like Nike to get an idea like this off the ground. I hope this put the price into perspective for you guys.

you're not convincing me :lol:

but I see where you're coming from. doesn't change the fact that they're making an enormous profit.

About the price being so high, you need to remember that this is a whole new genre of a shoe, much like the foamposites in the 90's. While Flyknit may not be as ahead of its time, it still requires a lot of work to get off the ground. The foamposites cost so much at the original release not because of Nike being greedy but because it was, like I said, a new genre of shoes. A new last had to be made for every size 8-15 or whatever the OG run was and a mold had to be made for each size's foamposite upper. This cost Nike a lot of money and it reflected on the price. Now for flyknit, it again is an entirely new idea. Yes, a machine makes them in Thailand but the machine had to be told what to do. Each size had to be engineered and programmed to be knitted in unique patterns for men and women. Not only does this take a lot of time and effort, you have large numbers of people working on this project, earning a decent salary. Do I think the Flyknit really costs Nike $160 to produce? No, but it takes a restless and innovative company like Nike to get an idea like this off the ground. I hope this put the price into perspective for you guys.
I see your point to an extent. Why are Foams still so expensive so many years later? Simple, because people will pay it. If people still pay this exorbitant price for the FKs the price is justified. IMO, anything over $100 is too much. That said, I ponied up for the MCs due to the colorway, and the fact RRS carried a 12.5 @ $125 delivered. The F1s are at my Nike Clearance Store for $99. When there is an extra 20-30% they are pretty hard to pass up.

it took a few minutes to do this earlier, so it's really sloppy, but this is what they would look like with a black tongue and midsole. i think i prefer them that way, which is one of the reasons i returned my pair earlier

Last edited:
for me, the released MCs are great, i wish they were maybe a little bit more green... i didnt get my pair yet, but each pair is knitted a little bit differently. i think the grey accents look much better than that black ps, if you are wearing pants

They pretty much master-engineered the machines that produces the FK patterns and such, and $160 for these is robbery, imho. However, I'd pay retail for the original 444 cw, as I like them A LOT! An outlet I frequent at least once a month has a couple of F1s for $100. Even at that price, I'm hesitant, unless it's a cw I really like. Last time I was there, I saw a few Wave 1 cws. I also saw the LunarFlash which has the same EXACT lunar set-up as the F1s. They just have a traditional mesh upper, and they were priced at $60 there. I'd imagine they'd have a similar ride to the F1s, but the traditional mesh upper felt better than the FK.

What's more of a robbery are the ZFKs because the sole tech is obsolete. Durability seems to be an issue for them as well, if you plan to run in them. I can't imagine that sole holding up for more than 300mi.
I have one pair. Though I haven't run in them and am an avid runner, they feel like they can DEFINITELY handle a full marathon.

Your acronyms are killing me yo! Haha. What are ZFKs?

And this is a little nutty and especially on such an expensive shoe but do you think you could die the Flyknits? More notably the racers below? I wonder if it is as easy as dipping them in dye and it would come out clean.

LL

Last edited:
Exactly.  The more a shoe costs to produce the higher the wholesale price.  That is the price that the retailers pay Nike.  With a higher wholesale price the retailers have to then charge more (the MSRP) so that they can make their profit percentage.  

Back
Top Bottom