FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
When I said og, I meant the 1st time that specific color way was released.

which would mean every colorway ever is an og colorway . . .

that's not what og colorway means. og colorway = non retro colorway.

does anybody here happen to know the exact order the four OG foam pros were released in? i know pearl was first, but what order did the black/black white, black/volt, and black/black/white/silver come out in?

i know it was 20 years ago, but do you happen to remember if it was the last foam pro that was released?

also, do you remember if the black/volt came out before or after the black/black/white?

might be wrong, but I think the volt came out first. Its been way too long.

When I said og, I meant the 1st time that specific color way was released.

which would mean every colorway ever is an og colorway . . .

that's not what og colorway means. og colorway = non retro colorway.

does anybody here happen to know the exact order the four OG foam pros were released in? i know pearl was first, but what order did the black/black white, black/volt, and black/black/white/silver come out in?

It's a matter of perspective my man.
OG falls under different meaning depending on how it's used.
Whenever a color gets a retro, the first version is.... the original.

The original colors have a different meaning which you are arguing which is also valid.

If I said I got the original dr dooms then I'm sure people wouldn't have a problem knowing what that means.

If I got the OG linen AF1s....
If I got the OG cool grey XIs....
If I got the OG nubuck 12s...
If I got the OG altitude 13s...

Last edited:
big j -

sure, someone can have an OG pair of dooms, but that doesn't mean the dooms are an OG colorway.

so when the other user said 2016 was a good year for foams because OG colorways were released, and the dooms were listed as an example, that didn't really make any sense because the dooms are not an OG colorway. they're a retro+.

but as much knowledge as i've seen you drop here over the years, surely you know the order of the foam pro colorways in '97? because if you don't know, i don't think anyone will lol . . .

big j -

sure, someone can have an OG pair of dooms, but that doesn't mean the dooms are an OG colorway.

so when the other user said 2016 was a good year for foams because OG colorways were released, and the dooms were listed as an example, that didn't really make any sense because the dooms are not an OG colorway. they're a retro+.

but as much knowledge as i've seen you drop here over the years, surely you know the order of the foam pro colorways in '97? because if you don't know, i don't think anyone will lol . . .

If you read what I said, I never said the dooms were an OG colorway.
I agree that his use of the term in his initial post wasn't right but even when he attempted to clarify you still went for his neck talking about ONLY colors released with the original release can be deemed OG when that's not 100% accurate depending on its context used.

Not sure if it's been posted or not, but Eggplants are coming back in August. Also saw a weird all Tiffany Blue Foam Pro for the fall.

Peace,
J

If you read what I said, I never said the dooms were an OG colorway.
I agree that his use of the term in his initial post wasn't right but even when he attempted to clarify you still went for his neck talking about ONLY colors released with the original release can be deemed OG when that's not 100% accurate depending on its context used.

thank you for the clarification.

by any chance do you happen to know the order of release for the four foam pros released in the 1990s?

by any chance do you happen to know the order of release for the four foam pros released in the 1990s?

Sorry to chime in, but my memory says pretty sure it was Pearls, Black FTL, Voltage Yellow FTA, then the black/black/white which were basically the same as the FTL came out way later. Like almost a retro later. There was also a purple/eggplant that was supposed to drop around there and got scrapped.

Peace,
J

Red
Not sure if it's been posted or not, but Eggplants are coming back in August. Also saw a weird all Tiffany Blue Foam Pro for the fall.

Peace,
J
nerd.gif

Sorry to chime in, but my memory says pretty sure it was Pearls, Black FTL, Voltage Yellow FTA, then the black/black/white which were basically the same as the FTL came out way later. Like almost a retro later. There was also a purple/eggplant that was supposed to drop around there and got scrapped.

Peace,
J

Thanks.

No, please, chime away!

Is it possible the order was Pearl, Black/Black, Voltage FTA and then Black/Black FTL? The only reason I ask is because that photo I posted with the FTL exclusive . . . the item description makes it sound like it came out way later. Like almost a retro later. So based on your post, it makes me wonder if you've got the black/black GR and black/black FTL in reverse. I definitely remember the Pearl being first and one of the two black/blacks being last. And voltage being third makes sense because why would you release black/black twice in a row?

Sorry if this is all a bit nerdy. But with the 20th anniversary of foamposites coming up, I've been thinking back a bit on the early days. My parents got me the foam one on release day in '97, but they were so expensive I wasn't allowed to get another pair of shoes the rest of the year. So my memory on the foam pros is a little hazy because I wasn't allowed to get any.

mister saint laurent mister saint laurent It's entirely possible, though I don't remember any of my other spots having the first black pair outside of FTL, and I definitely remember seeing the exclusives at FTL during the summer of 97. I remember being stymied by the fact that the durabuck on them had the textured drizzle on it like the playoff Jordan 8's and black/charcoal Jordan 9's.

No, here's the sample. I guess they changed them to Ones..
View media item 2289562

No, but close. The rendering I saw was SOLID blue. Lace wrap, outsole, and what appeared to be a blue chrome swoosh.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
mister saint laurent mister saint laurent It's entirely possible, though I don't remember any of my other spots having the first black pair outside of FTL, and I definitely remember seeing the exclusives at FTL during the summer of 97. I remember being stymied by the fact that the durabuck on them had the textured drizzle on it like the playoff Jordan 8's and black/charcoal Jordan 9's.

Great info. Thanks man. Honestly back then I had no idea there were two different black/black/white pairs. So you may be right. I only found out years later that the black/black/white and black/black/white/silver were actually different colorways, even though honestly I'm still not entirely sure what all the
differences are.

Last edited:
Great info. Thanks man. Honestly back then I had no idea there were two different black/black/white pairs. So you may be right. I only found out years later that the black/black/white and black/black/white/silver were actually different colorways, even though honestly I'm still not entirely sure what the all the differences are.

Exactly! There aren't many. I almost feel like the other pair had a smokey outsole, but I could be wrong on that.

EDIT: The more I think about it, I think the blacks were FTL exclusives both times they came out. The FTL catalog got a weird "restock" of the Pearls around that time too.

Peace,
J

Last edited:
OG =

white/black-true red
830027 101
091202169961 12

black/voltage yellow-black
630304 071
091202692162 12

black/black-white
830027 002