FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I remember getting the foamposite postcard in the mail and my mind being blown by what I saw. I wore Pros in high school in 96-97 because the one store within 300 miles of me that carried the og royal Ones sold out of my size. It took me nearly a decade before I finally bought a ds pair and since then i've accumulated 9 or 10 pairs of royals; evetything but the blue outline hoh which I will never pay up for. I have loved foams for 20 years and have close to 100 pairs of Posites, 95% of which are still ds. I look forward to copping a few pairs of the XXs, maybe one even to wear. As for availability, i'll say this, when they're selling for $279 3 weeks prior to release on ebay that tells you that they are going to be everywhere in high numbers, so if you missed out on the stupid snkrs launch (as i did), don't fret, you'll have your pair in just a few short weeks.

Did Miles Simon rock em first? There's a clip of him showing off his kicks on YT, i remember him still having the championship pair.

If I'm not mistaken Bibby debuted them during a televised game before anyone, including Penny.

liking this new turn of the thread.. who debuted the foams for public and tv consumption.. makes me think about when I seen them on kenal and kel and when i would go tot he barbershops and the dope boys had them and was bragging about paying 180 bucks.. good times.

If I'm not mistaken Bibby debuted them during a televised game before anyone, including Penny.

I tried to do some reserach. The Final Four took place between March 29th and March 31st 1997. Bibby first wore them on March 29th and then again on March 31st.

Penny wore them for the first time on April 4th at Madison Square Garden.

So Bibby did wear them first. Penny wore them for 14 games, 9 regular season and 5 playoff games. He wore 3 different colors (Neon Royal away, Black away, White home), although the black colorway, which he allegedly wore at Washington is still somewhat a semi mystery, since it was never 100% sure, if the shoe was black or not dark blue.

He wore the neon royals at the Knicks, at the Bucks, at Toronto, at Cleveland and during the 5 playoff games.

He wore the White ones during the home games against Chicago, Boston, Detroit and Miami.

He wore the black pair at Washington.

I watched game 5 against the Heat recently and the Magic had a legitimate chance of winning that game, if Penny would have gotten more foul calls and made all of his free throws. There were a number of questionable calls, where Mourning blocked Penny and the refs did not call a foul, but I guess that was just the way the 90s games were played, just straight battles!

b96rmv.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, can't wait to see eBay listings for the # of 200 with signed postcard and marker. Those are cool if you actually are a fan of penny though.

Back
Top Bottom