FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I'm not sure how Dmv became the foam capital. But going to high school from 96-00 I can tell you that we rocked foams heavy. Foamposite one, pro, total air Max posites, flightposites etc.

We didn't put foams over anything else in NYC, at that time fashion was always moving forward so it wasn't thought of as our sneaker but all 5 boroughs had foams on when they first intially dropped.

In all honesty back in 96-99 you think dudes went down to the DMV area and saw dudes with Foamposites and said yeah we gonna take this back to NYC???? Lol just think how assanine that sounds... Wu Tang, queens dudes and some Brooklyn dudes was heavy into NB.. not the 574s like the hood boogers but the 996s,997s,1500s... Y'all wild for think NYC the fashion capital of the world jacked the DMV for foams.... Lol

Those timbs your boy was referring to were the beef and broccoli field boots. Those are a nyc staple and if any other region wants to claim that they can get they knot rocked word to Guru.
Brah, I was in NYC many times during the late nineties, early 2000s. My gma lived in the Bronx from 85 to 2005 and not once did I see anyone rocking foams. Only time I saw foams or NB was in the DMV. NY was AF1, Timbs, and Jays.

Don’t play with me cuh. NB is a part of the cultural fabric of DC. It’s like Go-go and Mumbo sauce here. It’s not a few heads that rocked certain models. Like everyone has at least one pair of NB in DC. Grandmas, uncles, aunties, cousins, etc got a cool grey pair of 990s or other model. Same goes for foamposites. Everyone has had at least one pair of foamposites at some point in their life.

It’s true, NYC is a fashion capital, but we talking about a sneaker/fashion subculture. And just like NYC has a huge influence on the overall culture, each city has their unique touch. LA and Dickies suits and Cortez. NYC and Timbs and the creation of hip hop. Etc. I’m saying give credit where credit is due. I feel like y’all NY cats be tryna claim credit for everything. Chill Moe.

Brah, I was in NYC many times during the late nineties, early 2000s. My gma lived in the Bronx from 85 to 2005 and not once did I see anyone rocking foams. Only time I saw foams or NB was in the DMV. NY was AF1, Timbs, and Jays.

Don’t play with me cuh. NB is a part of the cultural fabric of DC. It’s like Go-go and Mumbo sauce here. It’s not a few heads that rocked certain models. Like everyone has at least one pair of NB in DC. Grandmas, uncles, aunties, cousins, etc got a cool grey pair of 990s or other model. Same goes for foamposites. Everyone has had at least one pair of foamposites at some point in their life.

It’s true, NYC is a fashion capital, but we talking about a sneaker/fashion subculture. And just like NYC has a huge influence on the overall culture, each city has their unique touch. LA and Dickies suits and Cortez. NYC and Timbs and the creation of hip hop. Etc. I’m saying give credit where credit is due. I feel like y’all NY cats be tryna claim credit for everything. Chill Moe.
Not claiming credit for anything. I just think it's ignorant of you to feel like you can validate anything when it comes to NYC. Who are you? You wasn't there bro. Visiting grandma and taking the train to the Bronx zoo ain't ****. I'm telling you cause I ran through Harlem Brooklyn and LES... My whole juvenile life was playing the streets. Who the hell are you? Where you been? Dude in my class had foams. My homies had foams. This is facts. Dudes balled in foams. We rocked foams wit girbauds..

I'm not claiming we created Foamposites or that we were the first ones to ever wear them. I'm just saying the DMV had ZeRo influence on whether or not we wore Foamposites when they first came out.
You sound like a sucker in real life.

If you wanna have credit for wearing Foamposites first go ahead. Cause nobody gaf

cuz u ain't go to Harlem or uptown.

every damn VIM & DR Jays stocked foams...i mean c'mon..we had those true red foams EVERYWHERE.

Crazy how foams just used to be $180 with basically the same tech back in '97
They were $170
upload_2019-6-23_18-34-19.jpeg

People everywhere rock different kicks. Y’all keep sayin that. That’s not the point. Clearly they weren’t rockin them enough for them to be a part of your sneaker culture. Timbs are NY sneaker culture. Just like Maine is probably known for boat shoes or some ****. Ok NYC rocked foams and NB sometimes. Cool. But that’s not what NY is known for. Foams and NB is what DC is known for period.

The rest of the country feels NYC is synonymous with foams. DC heads just gotta accept that

Same **** with uptowns

First off, Timbs ain’t sneakers and you can’t wear them all year round like the memes like to imply. Air Force 1’s were a major part of NYC sneaker culture and personally meant more to me than Timbs. We rocked AF1s to death, they even made NYC versions for us.

Anything that Penny rocked, we were rocking in NYC and that includes Foams. Anything Penny was a go. We were rocking Penny’s **** since the Air Flight 1’s.

NYC is a mass transit city, we’re always walking from one place to another. Casual shoes, running shoes were always big here and still are because they’re practical for day to day moving around. So anything NB, Reebok, Saucony, Puma, we had them on deck. Going to nana’s crib in the Bronx a couple of times doesn’t mean you know NYC sneaker culture. Also, the Bronx is just one boro. Every boro/hood/race had their own style.

Shouts to DC, y’all the Capital, y’all invented Go-Go. The White House, that’s all you.

Last edited:
First off, Timbs ain’t sneakers and you can’t wear them all year round like the memes like to imply. Air Force 1’s were a major part of NYC sneaker culture and personally meant more to me than Timbs. We rocked AF1s to death, they even made NYC versions for us.

Anything that Penny rocked, we were rocking in NYC and that includes Foams. Anything Penny was a go. We were rocking Penny’s **** since the Air Flight 1’s.

NYC is a mass transit city, we’re always walking from one place to another. Casual shoes, running shoes were always big here and still are because they’re practical for day to day moving around. So anything NB, Reebok, Saucony, Puma, we had them on deck. Going to nana’s crib in the Bronx a couple of times doesn’t mean you know NYC sneaker culture. Also, the Bronx is just one boro. Every boro/hood/race had their own style.

Shouts to DC, y’all the Capital, y’all invented Go-Go. The White House, that’s all you.
Ok, so y’all claiming foams!? Forreal! Y’all need to get all the way the **** outta here. I said AF1s and Timbs in my first post. Timbs aren’t sneakers but y’all treat them like they are. Y’all in the club with them heavy *** joints, NY dudes is Bamas forreal. I respect the swag and over confidence tho.

Back
Top Bottom