FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
That pic in the article are wrong. Those are the Stealths, not the Anthracites.

Read the article, don’t just look at the picture. The picture at the top of the article is the Anthracites from 2007, you know this pair here. Later in the article they posted a picture of the stealths to show what would be dropping....
This was discussed months ago

046FA2ED-6D3F-4575-862F-FD231C9DCE6B.jpeg

Haven’t brought foams in years, let me enjoy the possibility :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just preparing everyone for the “man what is Nike doing?!?” BS crap for weeks to come :nthat:

Read the article, don’t just look at the picture. The picture at the top of the article is the Anthracites from 2007, you know this pair here. Later in the article they posted a picture of the stealths to show what would be dropping....

just preparing everyone for the “man what is Nike doing?!?” BS crap for weeks to come :nthat:
-I couldn't read the article, you didn't post a link to it.

-The pair pictured in the pic you posted are the Stealths. I had to Google the article to confirm what it said, but those are definitely the Stealths fron 2012, not the Anthracite pair. The pair in the article has a clearish sole, that is a dead giveaway. Plus on the pic you can make out the hits of white on the tongue and tongue pull. Which the stealths have and the anthracites don't.

Isn't this the article? It says in here the Pic at the top of the article are the Anthracites from 2007. But they are clearly not...

https://solecollector.com/news/2020/02/nike-air-foamposite-one-anthracite-2020-release-date

So yeah, they used the wrong pic

Last edited:
-I couldn't read the article, you didn't post a link to it.

-The pair pictured in the pic you posted are the Stealths. I had to Google the article to confirm what it said, but those are definitely the Stealths fron 2012, not the Anthracite pair. The pair in the article has a clearish sole, that is a dead giveaway. Plus on the pic you can make out the hits of white on the tongue and tongue pull. Which the stealths have and the anthracites don't.

Isn't this the article? It says in here the Pic at the top of the article are the Anthracites from 2007. But they are clearly not...

https://solecollector.com/news/2020/02/nike-air-foamposite-one-anthracite-2020-release-date

So yeah, they used the wrong pic

🤦🏻
Did you read the article? It clearly states “ and a translucent sole.” Clearly not the anthracites

The picture I posted are the anthracites (which is what I said)

either way, I hope they drop the real anthracites. I’d love a third and fourth pair. But I’m not holding my breath

🤦🏻
Did you read the article? It clearly states “ and a translucent sole.” Clearly not the anthracites

The picture I posted are the anthracites (which is what I said)

either way, I hope they drop the real anthracites. I’d love a third and fourth pair. But I’m not holding my breath
I am saying the pictured shoe is not the Anthracites, I am saying that the article has the wrong pic.

Did you read the article?......

The pair is expected to don a black Foamposite upper, premium suede eyestay, tonal details including Hardaway's "One Cent" heel logo the mini-Swoosh branding, and a translucent outsole. Note that the pair pictured above is the release from 2007 and may not identically represent this year's retro release.

This is wrong, this is all I am pointing out. The shoe you posted, and the shoe in the article are two different releases. I know the shoe in your hands are the Anthracites, but those are not them pictured in the article.

BTW, both the Sleaths and Anthracites that what Nike consider a translucent sole. It is just that one has a clear cloudy one and the other has a darkly tinted one.

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford I totally understand exactly what you're saying but woah gotta stop you there lol The Anthracite's didn't have a translucent sole. They were kind of a blacked out sole with that medium grey vibe. But it was solid.

I owned and wore Anthracites as well. This is what would actually be considered a dark tinted sole.

1592293243759.png

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford I totally understand exactly what you're saying but woah gotta stop you there lol The Anthracite's didn't have a translucent sole. They were kind of a blacked out sole with that medium grey vibe. But it was solid.

I owned and wore Anthracites as well. This is what would actually be considered a dark tinted sole.

1592293243759.png

I believe rusty is correct about the anthracites having a some what “translucent” sole... of course it is not an icy/fully translucent sole, but i think someone posted the sole only a while back and pointed this out.

im going off style code/color... if it’s black/black/anthracite then we can only assume it’s the anthracites. stealths are listed as “Black/Black-Medium Grey”.

1592293243759.png
There are different kinds of translucent shoes. It seems more to deal with the type of rubber they use and what color or tint they put on it. How transparent the sole is depends on how much they tint it. The Anthracites just have a darker tint

Clear soles are not the only kind of translucent soles. Dark tinted soles like that can still considered translucent soles.

The Anthracites sole is not even the darkest sole that has releases. Pros have released with a true blackout sole but made of the same kind of rubber most Foam have come with.

For comparison there are the Castus pair that dropped around the same time as the Anthracite. They have a different type of rubber on the sole. Where there is no transparency not matter the tinte/color/etc
cactus-foams.jpg

air-foamposite-one-bright-cactus.jpg

Another example are some Foamposite that dropped this year...
ipad_nike-air-foamposite-pro-white-black-university-red-4.jpg

So the translucent sole I am referring to is a type of rubber material that is transparent, but the coloring and tinting different how much of that transparency it retains. This is what the Anthracites have, just tinted very dark.

1592293243759.png

It’s no use. Just let it go. I understand that in the article they used the STEALTH picture and not the Anthracite. So I pulled one of my pairs out to explain to him that I know what I’m talking about. But what do I know. Now all of a sudden the Anthracites also have a “transparent sole”:lol:
All these years and no one ever knew. Even back in 2007 when they dropped

It’s no use. Just let it go. I understand that in the article they used the STEALTH picture and not the Anthracite. So I pulled one of my pairs out to explain to him that I know what I’m talking about. But what do I know. Now all of a sudden the Anthracites also have a “transparent sole”:lol:
All these years and no one ever knew. Even back in 2007 when they dropped
Man look at this, :lol: . This is what you said....

You are lying famb. You clearly said the pic in the article was the 2007 Anthracite pairs. Now you are saying you said it wasn't. :lol:

Famb you are just being dense at this point.

All I said was the pic in the article showed the wrong pair. Which it is.

For some reason you took me criticizing the article's mistake and me saying you said something wrong. Either way, you were clearly mistaken too, now you want to act like you weren't.

Furthermore, I didn't say it had a transparent sole, I said it had a translucent sole. Seems like you are making a habit or not reading what I am actually saying.

At this point I have no idea what your issue is to be honest.

Last edited:
At this point I have no idea what your issue is to be honest.
Famb?

In the original article when it was written and discussed MONTHS ago, they had two pictures. The top picture was the ANTHRACITES and that is what lured People to click the link. Midway down the article it explained that in fact it would not be the ANTHRACITES but it would be the STEALTHS that would see a retro...

My previous response literally ended with me saying “either way, I hope they drop the real anthracites. I’d love a third and fourth pair. But I’m not holding my breath” But who continues to tow the line... So I’m not exactly sure how you can consider me being dense when you’re the one continuing the “argument”
Enjoy your day

Famb?

In the original article when it was written and discussed MONTHS ago, they had two pictures. The top picture was the ANTHRACITES and that is what lured People to click the link. Midway down the article it explained that in fact it would not be the ANTHRACITES but it would be the STEALTHS that would see a retro...

My previous response literally ended with me saying “either way, I hope they drop the real anthracites. I’d love a third and fourth pair. But I’m not holding my breath” But who continues to tow the line... So I’m not exactly sure how you can consider me being dense when you’re the one continuing the “argument”
Enjoy your day
When I made my comment you told me to go read the article. It did that. The article as it is clearly written now is wrong. So now you are saying that months ago the article was different, it was changed, and it I had read it months ago I would have seen what you are talking about? This is your reasoning? Ok cool. But the currently the article was wrong and I am pointing that out. This is your third position on the subject now.

You are flip-flopping back and forth in some attempt to correct me, when all I made was a simple observation that in the end was correct.

Ok let us end it here, fine.

Last edited:
The insoles are the only good thing about the shoe. How ****ing complicated is it Nike? Take the 1996 All Star jersey color and put it on the upper, then put stars on the lace portion of the shoe (like the shooting stars Foam) and boom, you have a winner. Instead, you get this absolute head scratching garbage.

The insoles are the only good thing about the shoe. How ****ing complicated is it Nike? Take the 1996 All Star jersey color and put it on the upper, then put stars on the lace portion of the shoe (like the shooting stars Foam) and boom, you have a winner. Instead, you get this absolute head scratching garbage.
Well they kinda made a foam, the color of the insole
The Island Green Pros

Back
Top Bottom