FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Scottie cappin?

nah that's a pretty well-documented part of the oral history of the foamposite

It’s true by all accounts that it was originally going to be a Pip shoe or a shoe he wore a lot, but Scottie saying that Nike has made it into more of a Penny shoe (making it sound like a retroactive marketing move) is silly. How many games did Pip play in Foams? Only a handful, I believe. It’s not a shoe ever released as the Foamposite 33 or with his logo. The damn original print ad is of the Penny version.
I love Pip, but he says a lot of ignorant/seemingly ill-informed things (and I mean even before his complete recent meltdown, book, and war with MJ).

It’s true by all accounts that it was originally going to be a Pip shoe or a shoe he wore a lot, but Scottie saying that Nike has made it into more of a Penny shoe (making it sound like a retroactive marketing move) is silly. How many games did Pip play in Foams? Only a handful, I believe. It’s not a shoe ever released as the Foamposite 33 or with his logo. The damn original print ad is of the Penny version.
I love Pip, but he says a lot of ignorant/seemingly ill-informed things (and I mean even before his complete recent meltdown, book, and war with MJ).

Dude has turned into a bitter old lame

Someone’s gonna have to show me Scottie wearing foams with the bulls, cause I’ve never seen it.

I don’t believe it ever got past these being planned for Scottie to wear, because them ending up with Penny never affected releases with Pip’s line. While Penny completely stopped wearing the 2s and switched to foams during the season, which would fall in line that they were not planned for Penny.

It is weird that he just lies and says he played in the Foam One. :lol:

Someone’s gonna have to show me Scottie wearing foams with the bulls, cause I’ve never seen it.

I don’t believe it ever got past these being planned for Scottie to wear, because them ending up with Penny never affected releases with Pip’s line. While Penny completely stopped wearing the 2s and switched to foams during the season, which would fall in line that they were not planned for Penny.

My memory may be letting me down. I swear I remember seeing him at least once in a white pair but I can’t find any photographic evidence now, so I may have imagined it. And even if he did, it was only once or a few times at most. So yeah, the point remains the same.
Pip has always been one of my favorite players but I long ago realized he isn’t always the brightest bulb, based on his perception of certain things.

My memory may be letting me down. I swear I remember seeing him at least once in a white pair but I can’t find any photographic evidence now, so I may have imagined it. And even if he did, it was only once or a few times at most. So yeah, the point remains the same.
Pip has always been one of my favorite players but I long ago realized he isn’t always the brightest bulb, based on his perception of certain things.
Could have sworn I saw him in the Foamposite pro pearls way back then. Again, I was 11 so might have been imagining lol

I ain't seen never any pics of Pippen wearing foams. The Pippen 1's came out that same season so he tryna say Nike had 2 shoes for him?

Same here…It’s come up a few times over the years and I’m pretty sure nobody’s found an actual picture of it yet…

Like Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius said the Pippen 1’s came out the 96-97 season so he spent most of his time wearing those…Though he did wear other models, like the Jordan 12’s for example, but I’ve yet to see any proof that he wore the Foamposites…Most I’ve ever read was when the design process started they had Pippen in mind, but it doesn’t seem like it got too far along before the design shifted to Penny…

I’ve searched before and never found a single pic. Even those websites that do lists of athletes “best sneaker moments” and all that never had him in a pair of foams

I thought the story went that they came to show Penny some different shoes and he saw the foams in a bag/box and asked about them and they told him they were for Scotty but he didn’t like them. Pippen has to be lying :lol:

FAA5650D-2851-426D-9683-5358716B554F.jpeg

This is from an issue of SLAM in 1997.

I remember those came out around the time the White/black Jordan 13’s came out. Maybe a week or so apart. I remember looking at these foams at Athletes Foot and was still shocked that they were $170, which was $20 more then the 13’s that year.
Yea the price on these back then was pretty crazy. The Foamposite Ones were $10 more at $180.

Last edited:
Im sure all the research and recon that went into the testing designing and making of this shoe was the reason for its high price I mean it was a huge technology shift for sneakers.

Nobody was doing this they really pushed the envelope having a one peice composite material upper that warmed and adjusted to the persons foot even if it didnt quite work the idea is crazy.

Im sure all the research and recon that went into the testing designing and making of this shoe was the reason for its high price I mean it was a huge technology shift for sneakers.

Nobody was doing this they really pushed the envelope having a one peice composite material upper that warmed and adjusted to the persons foot even if it didnt quite work the idea is crazy.
Not to mention full-length zoom plus an additional zoom unit in the heel.

Back
Top Bottom