Foamposite One Retro..Black/Red..the right way this time

Originally Posted by FDUB

Why are these in Low demand? This is not a bad looking colorway.. 
1. they released months ago so people that really wanted them got them already
2. a lot of people like the 07s better
3. foams arent hyped like they used to be ever since nike started dropping colors more often.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by FDUB

Why are these in Low demand? This is not a bad looking colorway.. 
1. they released months ago so people that really wanted them got them already
2. a lot of people like the 07s better
3. foams arent hyped like they used to be ever since nike started dropping colors more often.

I have to disagree with #3.I think hype for foams are higher than ever. Ebay, and craigslist have more foams up for sale than previous years. Look at how much used foams like cactus, dooms, pros, are going for, most are above retail.
I think another reason why the coughdrops and pearls arent selling so quickly is because nike&JB are releasing classic retros almost every month. And most people wont buy the shoe that costs the most ($200 Foams), so Lebrons, Kobes and Jordans that retail for less will sell quicker. Less price. But we ultimately benefit from this market saturation through sales.

^^^ say what u want but people arent really excited about foams like that no more.

i think the cheap mold had alot to do with it also.. did the 2010 egg stay in stores this long? i remember dudes were lining up for those, i was one of them

Originally Posted by bigj505

^^^ say what u want but people arent really excited about foams like that no more.

True.

Last year, when the eggplants dropped again - I think was when the Foam hype was at an all-time high. You can always asscociate the word 'hype' with 'limited' so in this case, as soon as the Foams became more abundant (not at limited availability), the less interested people became (general public).

This was Nike's fault. The 2010 Eggplant release (horrible mold
sick.gif
) was so uneccessary. It was an attempt to test the market's demand, which actually did good - but for the short term...

Animal Thug1539 wrote:
This was Nike's fault. The 2010 Eggplant release (horrible mold
sick.gif
) was so uneccessary. It was an attempt to test the market's demand, which actually did good - but for the short term...

So do these have a better mold?

Not sure about these Black/Red pairs. I haven't seen them in person yet.

But in comparision to the eggplant foamposite pair's, here's the difference in mold between the 2009 & 2010 release:

2009 (courtesy of never wear them)
eggplant-nike-foamposite.jpg

2010:
eggplant-nike-foamposite-one1.jpg

Notice the difference in the grooves and color...
30t6p3b.gif
really pointless release (2010) IMO.

this colorway shouldn't of been re-released...we're looking at a 3rd run of these...

im STILL waiting on da white orlando P.E. joints to drop.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this colorway shouldn't of been re-released...we're looking at a 3rd run of these...

im STILL waiting on da white orlando P.E. joints to drop.

you and me both

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Not sure about these Black/Red pairs. I haven't seen them in person yet.

But in comparision to the eggplant foamposite pair's, here's the difference in mold between the 2009 & 2010 release:

2009 (courtesy of never wear them)
eggplant-nike-foamposite.jpg

2010:
eggplant-nike-foamposite-one1.jpg

Notice the difference in the grooves and color...
30t6p3b.gif
really pointless release (2010) IMO.
Both pics are not taken in the same conditions (light, camera precision and angle), therefore the grooves and color don't come across the same way. The first pic is def. better looking though based on who took that pic.

Nah. I had both pairs in my hands before selling them. What you see in that pic depicting those grooves and shape is exactly how it looked in real life.

The shape is different, the grooves, the color etc. They're damn near 2 totally different pairs. Anybody with both can tell you the same.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...the 2010's look great regardless of the color and groove difference

Back
Top Bottom