Food challenges in San Francisco

Originally Posted by SFkicks

there's a pho' one in the Sunset District, it's one big ##! bowl.

I know about five friends who tried but failed. I forgot how many pounds it was, if you finish it I believe it's free, but if you don't it's like$30 I think. You have to sign a waiver and stuff I believe.

Originally Posted by SFkicks

there's a pho' one in the Sunset District, it's one big ##! bowl.

i think you're talking about Pho Garden, and thats in the richmond district.
2 lbs of noodles, 2 lbs of meat... things a beast

Ike's near Castro has this beastly sandwich. I forget what it's called but it was on Man Vs. Food.

Any burger joints, or breakfast places that will do such challenges?

I'm up for a challenge. That pho's thing seems tempting but I don't really like noodles.

The one in MvF was the Kitchen Sink challenge in Walnut Creek. (Huge tub of Ice Cream)
There was also two in SJ. Smokeaters(hot wings) and Iguanas(5lb burrito)

Yeah, the SmokeEaters one in SJ was horrible. I didn't know how bad habanero oil stuck to your skin even after you washed your hands, and went to take awiz...Never Again.

Originally Posted by YawningGlory

Yeah, the SmokeEaters one in SJ was horrible. I didn't know how bad habanero oil stuck to your skin even after you washed your hands, and went to take a wiz...Never Again.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smokeeaters/university chicken/cluck u and iguanas are awful for just a reg bite...

if it werent for drunks, i dont know how la vics would be open...i mean have you eaten there sober and felt like going back? their orange sauce is made from abase of chorizo grease...yum

Any steak ones?

And with the pho one, do you have to finish the broth and is there a time limit? I feel like I can do it but $30 if you can't is hells of money fornoodles.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Any steak ones?

And with the pho one, do you have to finish the broth and is there a time limit? I feel like I can do it but $30 if you can't is hells of money for noodles.

There is 49oz steak challenge in walnut creek. With the pho challenge, you don't have to drink the soup but you have to finish within 1 hr. I did it in alittle over 30 minutes.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Any steak ones?

And with the pho one, do you have to finish the broth and is there a time limit? I feel like I can do it but $30 if you can't is hells of money for noodles.
1 hour dont gotta finish the broth. My homie Big D came in there and finished it in 7 mins. Then ordered more food. Beast

Originally Posted by grusumm18

smokeeaters/university chicken/cluck u and iguanas are awful for just a reg bite...

if it werent for drunks, i dont know how la vics would be open...i mean have you eaten there sober and felt like going back? their orange sauce is made from a base of chorizo grease...yum

you dont know what food is

Back
Top Bottom