FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

How is it a hustle? Am I buying an imaginary substance or something? I am confused.

If you ever been thru, broadway junction in Brooklyn. It’s a hustle to me, you have the Baptist guy preaching on one side and the Nation of Islam brotha slinging a paper and bean pie. I asked for newspaper he told me it’s $5 dollars with the bean pie. I told him I’m aight and kept it moving.

BK Mooslums must be different from the ones in DC.

I walk up to a dude and ask for a Bean Pie and he sells me a Bean Pie.

I never ask for a paper

Same for Cali. They not bundling papers and pie out here :lol:

And IDK what they do but the joint taste just like Sweet Potato Pie

I've never had nor want to try a "bean pie"
It isn't what it sounds.

A bean pie is a sweet custard pie whose filling consists of mashed beans, usually navy bean, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, and spices. Common spices and flavorings include vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Variations can include cloves and ginger. Wikipedia Place of origin: United States of America

Neither did I until someone posted a vid about them in here. I'd try it.

Never seen the video, but I’d try one. I like beans, so why not?

I also want to try Poi, which someone one here mentioned the other day. Been to Hawaii several times, but don’t think I’ve ever had it. Next time.

Never seen the video, but I’d try one. I like beans, so why not?

I also want to try Poi, which someone one here mentioned the other day. Been to Hawaii several times, but don’t think I’ve ever had it. Next time.

Poi is DISGUSTING.

definitely a native acquired taste thing.

Great video you just posted cause this is the same masjid I’ve gone to when I was in nyc right next to abu bakery. Which is also my stomping grounds in Brooklyn, bed-stuy

05FFAF9B-9185-42BF-8C38-7C4B96BA1BDE.png

And yes I’ve tried abu bakery food, the bean pie is always good.

Poi is DISGUSTING.

definitely a native acquired taste thing.

I like taro but yeah poi is nasty. Maybe add sugar, eggs and milk and make a pie out of it will taste better lol.

First time hearing of bean pie, I'm down to try a slice but I don't know where I can get it in Cali. Don't want to make a whole one in case I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom