FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Me spending my day driving around looking for a homeless person to give a half-eaten burger to has to be one of the more ridiculous things I’ve been expected to do as of late.

I hope you guys hold yourselves to that same standard and go around searching for homeless people to give your half-eaten leftovers to, because I seriously have my doubts :lol:
You live in NY right? There’s no way you don’t see homeless everyday.

I agree on not wasting that food. I think we have a big problem in America on relying on the abundance of resources that we just waste. I used to waste my food all the time until my girl put me on game.

Also, how many are gonna start eating clean for the new year? Please post pics along with recipes. I’ll try to do the same.

Define eating clean. I plan on adhering more strictly to my low carb diet

You aren’t supposed to LOOK for them. It was moreso if you encounter one.

I live in NY so I see them regularly.

My bad for suggesting an actual good/productive use for the food you made but didn’t eat.
It’s fine to suggest, but I don’t live in an area where there are a ton of homeless people. I would have to go out of my way.

A bunch of dudes up in arms over a couple bucks worth of food thrown out off the strength that it's wasteful/frivolous on a website where people literally spend thousands of dollars on shoes that they'll never even wear is the best example of cognitive dissonance that I could imagine.

Eating clean isn’t low carb persay. It’s just not processed.

So carbs like fruit, potatoes, sweet potatoes, steel cut oatmeal etc. fall within eating clean.

I'm aware. I eat low carbs not no carb. I don't do keto. Too restrictive for me. Cutting out processed **** is definitely a goal. Once I cut out sodas, I figured I could cut anything else

A bunch of dudes up in arms over a couple bucks worth of food thrown out off the strength that it's wasteful/frivolous on a website where people literally spend thousands of dollars on shoes that they'll never even wear is the best example of cognitive dissonance that I could imagine.
Well that was a deflection if I ever seen one. I don’t think anyone was “up in arms”.

So you’re upset with us for being against wasting food in the food thread? And there’s a good number of people on NT that don’t really cop shoes like that.

I don’t want to derail this thread or argue over something so simple, so let’s move on.

Well that was a deflection if I ever seen one. I don’t think anyone was “up in arms”.

So you’re upset with us for being against wasting food in the food thread? And there’s a good number of people on NT that don’t really cop shoes like that.

I don’t want to derail this thread or argue over something so simple, so let’s move on.
...but here you are doing exactly what you say you don't want to do.

It's literally 1/2 of a burger and people are on their high-horse about how I should have given it away. If that's not ridiculous, then I don't know what is.

I give shoes to the homeless too.

I do that too, for shoes that I’ve worn, but are still in good shape.

Recently, I also had some new, in-box that I decided I’d never wear, which I donated to an organization that distributes them to underprivileged youth. That group is LA-based, but I’m sure there’s similar organizations elsewhere.

That said, I’m different from some other NTers in that I never buy a pair of shoes I don’t intend to wear. If I don’t like how they fit, or I find I’m not wearing them for whatever reason, I donate them.

...but here you are doing exactly what you say you don't want to do.

It's literally 1/2 of a burger and people are on their high-horse about how I should have given it away. If that's not ridiculous, then I don't know what is.
You might be looking too deep into the giving it away part. They were just giving you another option if you didn’t wanna save it for yourself later.

Mrs went out tonight and brought home leftovers.

Lobster Mac and Cheese (I left most of the lobster for her to have tomorrow) and some fish I scraped off a whole (left her some of that as well).

#dirtygains

DD2FBCA4-934E-4E53-A6E1-5E6B61FB3BAF.jpeg

Me spending my day driving around looking for a homeless person to give a half-eaten burger to has to be one of the more ridiculous things I’ve been expected to do as of late.

I hope you guys hold yourselves to that same standard and go around searching for homeless people to give your half-eaten leftovers to, because I seriously have my doubts :lol:

Who the hell wants a half eaten burger from a stranger? Just buy them a new one.

Back
Top Bottom