FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I'm late but speaking of office Christmas parties, mine was more of an 'outing' this year.... at Dave & Busters. So you already know how the food was :ohwell: :lol: .

F390180F-52E1-4C12-A15D-4518BDF86438.jpeg
Is that sushi? What’s it called? Looks gross

Always thought wet/smothered burritos were pretty standard at most Mexican spots. I just never order it because I prefer to eat burritos/tacos with my hands.

Thats not always true. Both tortillas are used for enchiladas. The tortillas are usually fried and dipped in the enchilada sauce, rolled and more sauce added on top. A wet burrito is a burrito just topped with sauce. Also. Wet burritos still have the usually topping and things, but enchiladas usually are just meat and cheese.
i dont accept Enchiladas that are made with flour tortillas. i remember i was in home-ec when i first saw a flour tortilla enchilada... teacher was caucasian if that matters

I will order a wet burrito next time. See what they say.

Is it like a secret menu type of stuff? Because it’s not on any Mexican restaurant menu out here.

I'm big on sauces of all kinds. A lot of my favorite types of food are entrees where the sauce is really the feature and the protein/veggies are more of a compliment. Indian Massala and Korma dishes, Japanese-style curries. The more sauce the better...:nthat:

Surprising with poke spots popping up like wildfire now.

Absolutely. I commented about this in here before I think, but in LA it’s getting to the point of poke over-saturation.

Reminds of when tart yogurt spots like Pinkberry took off and were everywhere. Many of them didn’t last.

Back
Top Bottom