FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

caviar is specific to sturgeon eggs correct?

never gone out of my way to get caviar but i **** with fish roe heavy

anyone else believe that vinegar on fries is blasphemous?
Vinegar is pretty nasty in most forms.

So yeah but I especially dislike when its used as a base for sauce.

Went to this smoked BBQ spot once and somehow i wnded up with all those loose vinegar base "sauces" that all tasted bad. Weren't spicy or flavorful or anything.

Vinegar is only good if you got a PH imbalance.

i mean i have had actual caviar on sushi
but its at more expensive spots
the orange stuff is tobiko
very very very different
I mean they're supposed to be eggs but from a less expensive fish right? But I doubt that these fish eggs (whatever they're called) are even real. I think the kind put on most sushi are artificially made.

Not gonna sit here and tolerate any vinegar slander.

Acetic acid is appreciated in all forms.
tumblr_ms6cfq2tbn1rmm49zo1_400.gif

Enjoy an acid bath while you're at it.

no
not my thing but i get it
i like it on chips
which is just a flat french fry

You referring to Salt and Vinegar flavored chips (which are delicious) or do you actually add liquid vinegar to chips?

I don’t use it on fries, but I’m a vinegar fan generally. Use on sandwiches, in green salads and I like it to balance out the creaminess of mayo etc., when I make a potato or egg salad.

Not a caviar fan. Was told before trying it that the less salty it is, the better it is.

Tried it, wasnt a fan of not necessarily the taste but the popping that occurs as you eat it. I was grossed out. :lol:

Not a caviar fan. Was told before trying it that the less salty it is, the better it is.

Tried it, wasnt a fan of not necessarily the taste but the popping that occurs as you eat it. I was grossed out. :lol:
popping???
caviar doesnt pop
or good caviar at least
the BEST caviar is kinda creamy
kinda melts
no popping whatsoever

Back
Top Bottom