FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Idk if I’ve ever used Siracha aside from with Chinese take-out?

If I’m eating Chinese food in an actual Chinese sit-down, I’ll use the house chili pepper sauce that they have.

Tabasco, though?

158825EE-AC76-4669-910F-24A260D0F00F.gif

#Cultural

Subway has the GOAT sriracha sauce. I don't know what's in it. I tried to buy a bag and they wouldn't sell it. I hit up corporate for the recipe and they gave me the run around.

Not a fan of the regular red Tabasco, but the green one and the Chipotle one are pretty damn good

my ppl who are knowledgeable in Jamaican food what should i get (first time)

oxtail or jerk chicken?

im no stranger to ox tails but i only had em korean style being korean.

oxtail or jerk chicken?

As someone who just started eating it pretty recently, jerk chicken has become my preferred choice.

For whatever you get, just make sure you get extra sauce/gravy for the rice, and be prepared to only get 2 plantains.

Yeah, oxtail was delicious when I tried it but the meat:bone was off.

I have yet to try the jerk.

I still want a beef patty with the coco bread, too.

Are beef patties #regional / #cultural ?

Never had Jamaican food but I’ve had plenty of beef patties. From the northeast (Boston) corner stores have them

They are actually opening up a Jamaican place close by where I work. Gonna go when they open. Soon come

They can keep the plantains

Last edited:

oxtail or jerk chicken?

Since you've already had oxtails I'd say go with the jerk chicken, since most people prepare it the same way anyway give or take different seasons. Ultimately what you want is for the oxtails to be so cooked that they are fall off the bone soft :pimp: As for jerk chicken, I"m west indian and had the pleasure of living with Jamaicans for about 10 years. I've had jerk chicken in house, at restaurants, and in Jamaica. What I've come to find out since leaving NYC and moving to MD is that most people don't know how jerk chicken should be cooked. Most of these so called caribbean spots out here don't make it the traditional way, but the locals don't know so they still buy it. I've been disappointed numerous times because of that. It should be prepared on the grill for that true authentic style and flavor. I understand living in cold climates doesn't always allow for that, but even if they oven cooked them it should still cooked properly. What I've had was baked chicken drowned in jerk sauce out here :smh:

Yeah, oxtail was delicious when I tried it but the meat:bone was off.

I have yet to try the jerk.

I still want a beef patty with the coco bread, too.

Jamaican beef patty and coco bread is the bomb. This is what I've done from time to time. Since the only good spot is over 40 mins away from where I live, I usually get a spicy patty or patty and coco bread to eat on the ride back home. I usually don't eat until then so it doesn't spoil my appetite. If any of you know of a Trinidadian restaurant close by, treat yourselves to a curry goat or curry chicken roti (with slight peppa and tamarind sauce ). Ask if they have any doubles, some only do it on wekkends. You won't be disappointed.

Are beef patties #regional / #cultural ?

Never had Jamaican food but I’ve had plenty of beef patties. From the northeast (Boston) corner stores have them

They are actually opening up a Jamaican place close by where I work. Gonna go when they open. Soon come

They can keep the plantains

Beef patties aren't culturally unique to Jamaica. Many countries make beef patties or variations of a beef patty, think of empanadas for example. The main difference between Jamaican beef patties and even other caribbean countries is that Jamaicans put curry powder in the flour before mixing it. It gives it that yellow color.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom