FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The Keystone, San Francisco

Summer Chicken: jerk spices, collard greens, massa brown rice, cranberry beans, coconut, lime
20190914_173507.jpg

Perogies: yukon potato, roasted summer peppers, aged cheddar, brown butter, lemon, fried parsley, spinach puree
20190914_181439.jpg

The Keystone, San Francisco

Summer Chicken: jerk spices, collard greens, massa brown rice, cranberry beans, coconut, lime
20190914_173507.jpg

Perogies: yukon potato, roasted summer peppers, aged cheddar, brown butter, lemon, fried parsley, spinach puree
20190914_181439.jpg
never heard of this where is it at

is it worth making a trip or nah
be honest
It was very good. Service was fairly quick and the food was freshly made. I've been meaning to go but their hours on weekends are weird 4PM-12AM. Today the stars finally aligned. I think the menu is seasonal because I did not see most of the items that are on Yelp. But here is the current menu if you are curious.

http://thekeystonesf.com/menus/

64AFEA61-4782-4485-B7C4-32E86DD8FB1D.jpeg
On vacation and just did our traditional pancake brunch - with the addition today of a great fried egg (thanks to my wife’s new technique) and some freshly caught haggis.

What is your wife's new technique

What is your wife's new technique

I like a fried egg with a soft but not runny yolk and crispy on the bottom - what she does is break the eggs into a screaming hot pan and as soon as they start to go white turn the heat right down and put a lid over the whole pan and leave them until done - which is just a few minutes.

First time she’d done that and they came out just how I like them. I think it was an America’s Test Kitchen thing.

Sausage eggs & cheese and Roast beef eggs & cheese.
aviary-image-1568563229557.jpeg
aviary-image-1568563357271.jpeg
Visited my local Keyfood and saw this limited edition Mountain Dew mystery flavor "Voodoo". Cashier and customer asked me what this is :lol: Im like I dunno, this didn't even have a price tag, until the manager said 5.99 for 12 12 ozs. Soon as I got out the store homeless dude asked me for one, and I gave him one. Soda is clear and sorta tastes like a mixture of grape, lemon, lime and something else. Tastes good.
aviary-image-1568564439910.jpeg

aviary-image-1568563765979.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom