FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

That carne asada fries up there got me craving it again.

Post gym lunch. I killed the whole thing too. :wow:

Gotta balance it all out.....
From a Mexican fruit stand. $5 for a big container. Your choice of fruit. Optional hot sauce, spices, salt, and lime juice. It's a must with those to enhance the flavor of the fruits

Miss carne asada fries more than I thought I would. :smh: I need another excuse to head back to San Diego.

My favorite asian dish

Pho%2BBo%2B(Vietnamese%2BBeef%2BNoodle%2BSoup)%2B500.jpg

I don't mess with authentic japanese, korean, chinese (american chinese is cool tho), thai... etc.

My favorite asian dish

Pho%2BBo%2B(Vietnamese%2BBeef%2BNoodle%2BSoup)%2B500.jpg

I don't mess with authentic japanese, korean, chinese (american chinese is cool tho), thai... etc.
You should try Bun Bo Hue too. It's spicy, but the flavors are awesome.

I love pho, but oddly enough - I rarely get it.

I was introduced to this stuff about a year ago and it's amazing. Different look from just getting pho all the time. It's like how the Japanese have ramen and udon.

Cooked 2 strips of bacon in the skillet, left the bacon grease in the pan and added some chicken breast, chopped up in pieces around 1 1/2 inches long. Cooked the chicken with said bacon grease, soy sauce and Sriracha. 

Good, cheap easy meal if you're trying to avoid bad carbs and don't care about fat/sodium.

Definitely would not recommend bun bo hue to an asian food noob. congealed blood isn't for the faint of heart.

oh you mad, you're missing out on a LOT of good stuff by limiting yourself to just pho.

for thai, get pad thai and pad kee mao. even the most unexperienced tongue enjoys those two dishes.

had carne asada fries last night at lolita's in SD (arguably the best). not my pic:

thumb_600.JPG

Last edited:
No pics yet. But next time I cop the dishes I'll post them up for you guys.

Jamaican:
-Curry Shrimp with Rice & Peas.
-Oxtail with Rice & Peas.

Asian:
-General Tso's chicken.
-Lo Mein.
-Pad Thai.
-Spring and Egg rolls.
-Pho

Local (Milwaukee, WI):
-Pork Fries from HoneyPie.
*Personally the best dish I've had in the city.
Consist of:
Pulled BBQ Pork
Bacon
Cheese sauce
Jalapenos
French Fries.
:pimp:

I'm hungry as ****. I haven't eaten all day. :lol:

I had some chipotle for the first time..

Burrito w/ extra steak.. + small drink..

On the house!!

I have not tried Chipotle yet. I'll get to it someday but there are too many taquerias that are worth trying first.

How much are the carne asada fries in your area charging? I forgot to mention mine came out to $6.50 after tax. :smokin

Definitely would not recommend bun bo hue to an asian food noob. congealed blood isn't for the faint of heart.
oh you mad, you're missing out on a LOT of good stuff by limiting yourself to just pho.
for thai, get pad thai and pad kee mao. even the most unexperienced tongue enjoys those two dishes.
had carne asada fries last night at lolita's in SD (arguably the best). not my pic:
I guess the blood part might be the only exception, but the soup base is awesome. Man, I'd kill for some SoCal carne asada fries.

i'm just eatin some longanisa/rice right now :lol: ...bout to grab some banh mi sometime next week

Sweet longanisa is hella good. With garlic rice is even better.

Bun Bo Hue is appreciated. Didn't know it has congealed blood ( I mess with it though). My co-worker put me on to it. Haven't had it since though, even Pho. IMO they are not worth the money, I get hungry an hour later. :smh:

InNout double double (via my instagram)

4ad1812684cf11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Banh Mi, Vietnamese sandwich - So damb good (BBQ pork is usually my go to as pictured, again via my instagram)

ec80d4be4f5e11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Special baked BBQ pork bun...

88e318863f1e11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Doubles

Roti

And wash it all down with this

turn up! i'm a cooki. now i work at a creole place.

jerk chickens

joint on the left soaked a jerk marinade for 3 days with real scotch bonnets, right was a p nut thai sauce.

dat marlin with jikama slaw

my *****

po boys and fried chicken

jerk pork

curry lime chicken

stew chicken

mahi

moule frites

hog i turned into bbq

ex (also a cook) her turkey

100gal of stock

Last edited: