FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My fiancee from Cali...I told her she better take me to In n Out when I go to meet her family. I hope it ain't all hype because these pictures have that s**t looking marvelous.
Haha, appreciate the kind words. Hope you enjoy!

What's your recipe for Fried Chicken? I'm looking for a real good one to try. I feel like I'm missing something everytime I'm cooking it. It taste good but not where I want it to be.

my favorite way to make it is more of an islander way. this is what i do. season some bread crumbs with lots of fresh thyme, green onions and parsley and about half a T of salt and some fresh pepper. then i take the chicken and dredge it in flower, then put it in some eggwash with hot sauce in it and then last the bread crumbs and throw it in the fryer.

if you want a more traditional fried chicken just season up some flower with emeril's essence. you can make it yourself if you want but it's cheap and mad convenient. i use it alot.

What's your recipe for Fried Chicken? I'm looking for a real good one to try. I feel like I'm missing something everytime I'm cooking it. It taste good but not where I want it to be.

Brining:
24c water
1c kosher salt
1/2c + 1T honey
18 bay leaves
30 unpeeled garlic cloves
3T whole black peppercorns
5 large rosemary sprigs
11/2 bunch thyme
11/2 bunch parsley
2T finely grated lemon peel
3/4c lemon juice
3 31/2pound chickens
Frying:
6c flour
5T garlic powder
5T onion powder
4t paprika
4t cayenne
1t black pepper
4t kosher salt
6c buttermilk
12c peanut oil

Preparation
Brining: Bring all ingredients except chickens to boil in lg pot. Boil 1min. Cool completely. Chill until cold, about 2hrs. Rinse chickens. Add to brine, pressing to submerge. Chill 12-24 hrs. Drain and pat dry. Cut each chicken into 8 pieces.
Frying: Line 2 lg baking sheets w/parchment. Mix 1st 6 ingr. + 4t salt in lg bowl. Place buttermilk in another bowl. Dip chicken in flour, then buttermilk, then flour. Place on prepared sheets. Let stand 1-2hrs. Pour peanut oil into heavy large pot. Heat to 320/330°. Fry leg and thighs first turning once about 13mins. Breasts 7 mins. Transf to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/m...TTERMILK-FRIED-CHICKEN-50000340#ixzz25OM1eG3b

Where are you located now? Post some pics from there!
...Dat avy thooo
mean.gif
nthat.gif
France, I typed a 6 sentence spill and deleted it, I'll save you guys the rant, but as the so called food capital of the world, it sucks here.

The best burger I've ever had in my life, from fast food and restaurant was, wait for it.. A Big n Tasty at a McDonalds in Bulgaria, joint looked exactly like the picture and the beef, my God.. Best beef I've ever had in my entire life.

My fiancee from Cali...I told her she better take me to In n Out when I go to meet her family. I hope it ain't all hype because these pictures have that s**t looking marvelous.
It's a burger place and i've heard the burgers are good. I heard the fries suck though which would be disappointing.

Last edited:
Appreciate the recipes :pimp: . Might get a chance to try this week...still got some bbq leftover from when I grilled this weekend.

It's a burger place and i've heard the burgers are good. I heard the fries suck though which would be disappointing.

I live in cali and its average at best. People out here make a big deal out of them but the burgers are just average to me. Nothing more nothing less. Fries are trash even if you have it well done or animal style. I honestly would rather go to smashburger or a local burger joint.

All self-posted pics, repped.

I have yet to try Peruvian and Indian food :\, heard nothing but good things about it though.

^
Peruvian food is great. Restaurants have the green sauce that I put on all my food.

^
Peruvian food is great. Restaurants have the green sauce that I put on all my food.

what is that green sauce? i had it once at a Peruvian restaurant but i never asked about it. it was delicious though....is it similar to chimichurri?

I had spicy green sauce yesterday wit Peruvian chicken. It's spicy but not really to ppl that love spicy food

Back
Top Bottom