FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Old school cooking method, but he barely did anything. Some delicious **** have come out of that method like jerk or barbacoa.
I see videos from that "smiling chef" guy that makes all the Turkish food where he employs a similar method for cooking huge cuts of lamb, but his stuff at least comes out cooked and looking somewhat appetizing. That steak was still raw. :lol:

Also eliminates the best part about a nice cut like a ribeye or a porterhouse, which is the crust formed by the sear.

I award it no points, and may God have mercy on its soul.

623C7022-FFB7-49AB-90A7-F13160FDD21B.jpeg
1CC46505-79FF-42A9-A57E-C9BBDC500135.jpeg
78A69596-6966-4008-9387-008F91945DA2.jpeg
65DC1A77-7E25-43D0-9533-024411EDD20E.jpeg
D3B1C618-D4C2-4CA4-A78A-D607D2E037EA.jpeg

Where are you?

I see videos from that "smiling chef" guy that makes all the Turkish food where he employs a similar method for cooking huge cuts of lamb, but his stuff at least comes out cooked and looking somewhat appetizing. That steak was still raw. :lol:

Also eliminates the best part about a nice cut like a ribeye or a porterhouse, which is the crust formed by the sear.

I award it no points, and may God have mercy on its soul.

Yeah, that didn’t look good at all.

I’ve always wanted to do something like a goat or whole pig in a hole - takes days to do it all though.

My friend has a roccbox and it puts out some pretty incredible pies. Have read some not so great personal reviews of the oonis on a food/bbq forum I post on. Most folks over there seem to recommend the roccbox
My boy in San Diego is the only person I know with one and he loves it. He’s made some good looking pies, and it only takes like 60 secs.

Kinda want one.

Tried Kitsuen in DC today. Food was pretty good but the customer service was a work in progress. Its too be expected though since its literally they're second day open. The staff were very nice, they just have growing pains. **** aint cheap for those wondering though

Tried Kitsuen in DC today. Food was pretty good but the customer service was a work in progress. Its too be expected though since its literally they're second day open. The staff were very nice, they just have growing pains. **** aint cheap for those wondering though
Pics?

Back
Top Bottom