FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Looks good but that's the thing with places like them, chipotle, etc. You see that bowl being made in front of you and it's almost insulting.

Im talking not even a full scoop of meat, like 4 bites worth of rice, just reckless :smh:

It really depends on the employee. While I have gotten some that are stingy with the portions, I've been fortunate enough to have some be very generous.

Made Jamaican/Asian inspired red wine BBQ beef short ribs and sauteed kale with roasted broccoli. Seasoned the SR(short ribs) with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and paprika. Marinaded them for about 2 hours in chili oil, sesame oil, honey, chopped scotch bonnet, thyme, leeks, garlic, and ginger. Pressured them in the ninja and then made a sauce from the marinade. I decided to use the marinade to make a sauce. I added some Red label wine, sweet baby Wrays bbq sauce, more sesame oil, paprika, ginger powder chili oil, and honey. Let it reduce a bit and then tossed the SR's in it. I then added the SR's back to the ninja to crisp up a bit. In the last picture, you'll see I added the sauce to the SR's.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200707171626327_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200707205739870_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200707_203231.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200707214556821_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200707214642247_COVER.jpg

Those ribs might be some of the best home made proteins I have witnessed in this chatroom.

Goodness.

It really depends on the employee. While I have gotten some that are stingy with the portions, I've been fortunate enough to have some be very generous.
A Jedi-Mind Trick I usually play is to NEVER look at the person pouring your meats.
They already feel under pressure so staring them down while doing it just adds to it.

I always purposely look away while they scoop. I think I have gotten good successes to the point where the person that puts the top on asks, "Is this double meat."

When I was younger, Mongolian BBQ places were all serve yourself. So we’d use another bowl or even our hands to smash down the meats so we could fit more in the bowl. Once it got cooked and expanded, **** was overflowing.

Most places stopped allowing that :lol:

When I was younger, Mongolian BBQ places were all serve yourself. So we’d use another bowl or even our hands to smash down the meats so we could fit more in the bowl. Once it got cooked and expanded, **** was overflowing.

Yeah people was taking advantage. They weigh it now. It’s still cheap tho. It was like $10 for 2 lbs of food

You for real go to McDonald’s for a salad?

Yes i do... definitely not my first choice but if ive been eating like crap all week ill get a salad there... but they dont make salads now because of covid19... the other option i get is double cheeseburger with mac sauce no pickles, mcchicken and small fries.... sometimes ill get the diet soda with that if i feel like ballin out...

Yes i do... definitely not my first choice but if ive been eating like crap all week ill get a salad there... but they dont make salads now because of covid19... the other option i get is double cheeseburger with mac sauce no pickles, mcchicken and small fries.... sometimes ill get the diet soda with that if i feel like ballin out...
I don’t think I’ve ever ordered a small fry in my entire life.

My go to McDonald’s order are the sausage egg and cheese McMuffins, hash browns, and a McGriddle every now and then. Nothing else. I remember when they were $2 for 2.

well i get the small fries cuz its cheap and less calories... but for breakfast fast food i get the same exact thing... sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin with a hash brown and of course ask for ketchup :pimp:

Guilty here. Hell we used to get a separate bowl just for the noodles. And always pick the flat meats.

Back
Top Bottom