FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Been so damn busy lately, sorry for not contributing.

Here are some of the things I've eaten recently, via my instagram, @Luong1209:

Roast beef + mushroom sandwich:

Fruit, yogurt, and granola:

Macarons:

Here's moarrrrrrrr:

Vietnamese sandwich + avocado shake...So good:

If you're ever in San Francisco, try Phil'z Coffee (Mint Mojito):

Spam and cheese waffles with chicken katsu:

Spam inside of waffle batter? Never seen that before.
Yeah, it's a twist on things...May not be your conventional style of chicken and waffles. It was good nonetheless.

SF has huge fusion restaurants/food trucks...Pretty awesome.

Luong, that roast beef and mushroom sandwich...that from Roxies on San Jose Ave? Doesn't look like it because of the basket it's in - but that bread looks amazingly familiar.

Last edited:
Luong, that roast beef and mushroom sandwich...that from Roxies on San Jose Ave? Doesn't look like it because of the basket it's in - but that bread looks amazingly familiar.
Nah, it's from Lou's Cafe on Geary.

I have YET to try Roxie's. Everyone raved about Lou's and I found it average, nothing mind blowing.
I'll give it a second chance and see what the verdict is then. I've got a few more food pics I'll be uploading in the near weeks :nerd:...

Here's moarrrrrrrr:

Vietnamese sandwich + avocado shake...So good:

If you're ever in San Francisco, try Phil'z Coffee (Mint Mojito):

:pimp: dat banh mi life....but i stay true to my Viet root so i get Ca Phe Sua Da with my sandwich....

I stay chilling in the bay quite often, so i noted down some of the places you recommended....hell im getting a spot to stay in the Bay this summer for a month. :evil:

That's the Viet iced coffee right? Yeah, I had it at that spot many times and just felt like I wanted to try the avocado shake.

I love Vietnamese iced coffee :pimp:. If you ever wanna know my favorite spots, don't hesitate to PM me!

^Bourdain does a piece on this during his Taipei episode

Haven't been on NT for a long time.... good to be back

Back
Top Bottom