FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I think sometime early 2020 or mid 2019 was the last time I had a drink of pop(soda) & before that....been a loooong time.

Randomly got one at some drive thru for a quick bite, & wanted to munch on some fries. Ordered Coke, took a sip & was good. Just really didn't do much for me, & for the sugar content on em, totally not worth it. I'd definitely take a drink of some Vanilla Coke, or maybe Surge, for nostalgia, & haven't had it since it released again :lol:

I used to drink pop when I was a kid quite a bit. Nothing wild, couple cans a day, but still horrible thinking back. Haven't touched an energy drink in roughly 8-10 years, but do miss the taste of Red Bull in some ways.

I drink water, herbal tea, & beer. Can't do any caffeine due to that 24hr tension headache withdrawal. I miss the whole process of coffee, & the fancy single origin beans, the smell :nthat:

If I ever end up having kids, ain't no way in hell will they ever get pop, sugared up coffee drinks, energy drinks, & will drink juice sparingly. They'd get to try a sip of beer though when they are older than 3?ish though :wink:

How long do you guys keep leftovers for? I grilled chicken on Sunday...what's the latest day you would heat up leftovers?

How long do you guys keep leftovers for? I grilled chicken on Sunday...what's the latest day you would heat up leftovers?

Depends what it is.

Never more than a few days with meat, but I don’t have any research or science behind that.

Folks that meal prep cook for like 5-6 days worth of meals. So I assume you'd be good in that window.

I normally eat leftovers pretty quickly though.

If you cooked something on SUnday, I would eat it by WEDS.

That is my rule, but I would still eat it if it smelled fine.

yeah, I usually eat leftovers right away

but that's more of a food quality thing than it is food safety. if they're kept at the right temp and not reheated and cooled a bunch they'll last longer than you would think

only foods you cook yourself though. I'm not trusting takeout leftovers more than a day or 2

my fam is weird with leftovers.... make a big meal and plenty of leftovers left they never eat... always end up buying food instead of eating leftovers so they go like a week plus not eaten... I refuse to eat anything past a week but it's not unheard of to do so just doesn't taste as good as day 1 obviously lol

I don't really do leftovers past day 2, maybe 3 days, usually so I try to keep the portions tight. Things like chicken are disgusting beyond a certain point.

IMG_20210224_095814__01.jpg

IMG_20210224_100337__01.jpg

Doesn't matter how it's prepared, can't shake that old flavor (to me).

I know what you mean. that's pretty much the case with factory farmed birds

I've gotten into the habit of splurging on free range chicken more and don't really notice off flavors when it's reheated. 3-4 days later and still has zero (off) smell to it

meanwhile if you get a roto-chicken from the grocery store and don't finish it, those leftovers smell like death the very next day :lol:

Back
Top Bottom