FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Also keep in mind before they started raping, pillaging, and colonizing other countries they didn't use salt or any spices for hundreds of years.
Lolwut

“Evidence of early neolithic salt pans, dating to 3766-3647 BCE, have been unearthed in Yorkshire.[14][15] Evidence of bronze age production, c. 1,400 BCE, has been identified in Somerset.[16] Iron age production in Hampshire.[17] Roman Rock Salt production production in Cheshire.[18] Salt was produced from both mines and sea in Medieval England. The open-pan salt making method was used along the Lincolnshire coast and in the saltmarshes of Bitterne Manor on the banks of the River Itchen in Hampshire where salt production was a notable industry.[19]

Friends hosted brunch yesterday…
BF950047-9CD8-41D8-9EC2-D3FEBC9325B0.jpeg
8DBFF0D5-A783-4533-9F26-B9B82319DFF1.jpeg
031CFAEE-37D2-4B7F-B3FB-3493C8921298.jpeg
what's in the eggs?

Is that stuff like Scrapple?

Anyone can answer

I had to look up scrapple - that sounds more like Haggis, all the parts (but of a sheep) boiled with spices and oatmeal - origins sound similar too.

Black pudding (the UK type of blood sausage - Wikipedia says it's distinct from other parts of Europe but I'm not sure how) is blood mixed with oats or barley and then boiled.

The taste difference of these things, in my experience, really comes down to the spice mix used.

On that note a full Scottish breakfast would usually also contain some haggis and potato scone - not a hash brown - and it's far superior to the English one. The full Irish with fried soda bread is great too.

1628540257998.png

Black pudding about the middle, haggis top left resting on a fried potato scone and that is resting on a Lorne sausage - an open sausage cut into slices. Those beans look just how I like them too.

Yeah I like blood sausage. It’s delicious but the English version tastes nothing like the rest. It’s not good to me at all

Gotta stop eating Ben & Jerrys
But it’s soooo good
It was on sale 2 for $5
Got half baked and phish food
After this no more ice cream for the rest of the year!

Yeah I like blood sausage. It’s delicious but the English version tastes nothing like the rest. It’s not good to me at all

Yea I agree that blood sausage is good but I’m partial that it has to be the Eastern European version of it or I don’t like the taste.

Lolwut

“Evidence of early neolithic salt pans, dating to 3766-3647 BCE, have been unearthed in Yorkshire.[14][15] Evidence of bronze age production, c. 1,400 BCE, has been identified in Somerset.[16] Iron age production in Hampshire.[17] Roman Rock Salt production production in Cheshire.[18] Salt was produced from both mines and sea in Medieval England. The open-pan salt making method was used along the Lincolnshire coast and in the saltmarshes of Bitterne Manor on the banks of the River Itchen in Hampshire where salt production was a notable industry.[19]
I meant salt for cooking not salt to preserve food :lol:

I meant salt for cooking not salt to preserve food :lol:
Still not true.

“In Britain, salt was first used to flavour food during the Iron Age when boiling meat in pits lined with stones or wood became popular, a practice unique to this country and Ireland.”

Still not true.

“In Britain, salt was first used to flavour food during the Iron Age when boiling meat in pits lined with stones or wood became popular, a practice unique to this country and Ireland.”

What I said was still true the English were not seasoning their food with salt and spices.

But I get why you want to focus just on salt.

Back
Top Bottom