FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I tried making the Bolognese sauce posted a few pages back... It had so much potential, but my dumbass oversalted it heavy... :sick: :smh:
Oh well, it'll come out better next time .. "A" for effort. :ohwell:
20210924_101749.jpg

20210924_115657.jpg

20210924_172319.jpg

20210924_161616.jpg

Plenty of beer on deck, as it simmered for 5hrs...

:smile:

My daughter went to the Childrens hospital ER a couple night ago with an asthma / viral pneumonia. She’s fine now and everyone home. Looking at this post inspired our dinner tonight. Currently cooking out the water from the vegetables.

F46EC734-666C-49B2-8A9D-57E965B4D434.jpeg

I tried making the Bolognese sauce posted a few pages back... It had so much potential, but my dumbass oversalted it heavy... :sick: :smh:
Oh well, it'll come out better next time .. "A" for effort. :ohwell:
20210924_101749.jpg

20210924_115657.jpg

20210924_172319.jpg

20210924_161616.jpg

Plenty of beer on deck, as it simmered for 5hrs...

:smile:

If you need to cut the saltiness to your recipe you can add a little lemon juice or vinegar to help cut it. You would probably want to go really slow to get your desired result and not put in too much. 😬

My daughter went to the Childrens hospital ER a couple night ago with an asthma / viral pneumonia. She’s fine now and everyone home. Looking at this post inspired our dinner tonight. Currently cooking out the water from the vegetables.

F46EC734-666C-49B2-8A9D-57E965B4D434.jpeg
Wishing you and your fam the best... Your daughter will love the pasta for sure. No doubt she'll taste the love in the home cooked meal.. thanks for posting the video. Seems like a lot of us have taken full advantage of it.

If you need to cut the saltiness to your recipe you can add a little lemon juice or vinegar to help cut it. You would probably want to go really slow to get your desired result and not put in too much. 😬
Yeah, I swear in wasn't as salty mid way through... I even added some more salt before the wine as I found it a bit bland... I think as it continued to simmer, the flavors emphasized and ultimately became way too salty... Rookie mistake.

Wishing you and your fam the best... Your daughter will love the pasta for sure. No doubt she'll taste the love in the home cooked meal.. thanks for posting the video. Seems like a lot of us have taken full advantage of it.

Thanks for the kind comments. I appreciate it. Yeah I have a love for Italian food and wanted to share with you guys.

I’m planning to make cornetti (Italian croissants) with that little chocolate filling I’m sure you guys have seen at some point. I think Starbucks sells those. I’ll share when I do.

My thyme bundle in my sauce broke and now I have thyme everywhere. Lol need to pick it out and add the cream next and grate some parmesan reggiano. Make sure you get a nice block of parmesan reggiano specifically. Don’t use anything pre-grated especially that Kraft garbage. I get mine from Trader Joe’s.

It amazes me how reduced it’s gotten after having all those vegetables and 3lb of 80/20 ground beef.

Edit: I used a Malbec red wine for mine.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom