FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

i don't eat them often but those mozzarella sticks look perfect
got a recipe?

yeah, me either. I just used some string cheese that was in the fridge. I breaded with flour, egg and breadcrumbs (seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder). I then put them in the freezer for an hour or so. The sauce is crushed tomatoes, the same seasoning plus Italian seasoning.

Mr. Falafel (Iraqi)
My new favorite Middle Eastern joint
IMG_20210927_190831.jpg

IMG_20210927_190657.jpg
Where's the hummus.? And the garlic sauce, though.?? :nerd:

Question for the Doughnuts folks.

Do you view eating from Krispy Kreams / Dunkins the same way folks tend to view eating from Chipotle or Subway ("Trash")? (Just the doughnut version)

I don’t know if the comparison really works because there’s not really a tier of stores above Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’s for donuts, like there arguably is with Mexican and sandwiches.

At least in LA, the alternative to chain donut stores are little mom and pop places that are all about the same quality level, with a few exceptions.

So, no, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts are not trash.

Krispy Kreme is the best. Just too bad its like 30 mins away from the house.

Walmart sells them now but only want it if it's fresh.

Question for the Doughnuts folks.

Do you view eating from Krispy Kreams / Dunkins the same way folks tend to view eating from Chipotle or Subway ("Trash")? (Just the doughnut version)
I don't understand, Krispy Kreme are the best donuts. There's no better local spots.

OH ok, I had no clue honestly.

I figured, like with damn near everything else, the most popular chain had it's detractors.

Worst I’ve heard said about Krispy Kreme is they’re overrated; never heard anyone call them bad.

Krispy Kreme is the best. Just too bad its like 30 mins away from the house.

Walmart sells them now but only want it if it's fresh.
Don't ever buy those pre-boxed doughnuts.. absolute trash. They taste nothing like the HOT & FRESH batch.

I feel like Krispy Kreme is overrated for me. Glazed isn't really a donut I go for. Prefer the local donut shops.
I actually prefer the other flavored doughnuts from mom&pop shops.. but the HOT&FRESH glazed from KK is the absolute GOAT doughnut.!

lawdog1 lawdog1

Krispy Kreme is overrated trash.

Dunkin's donuts aren't really worth the effort after 7 a.m. They make donuts once a day and that's it. When they have set out for more than a couple hours you might as well have ANY donut and it will probably be more satisfying.
Yeah Krispy Kreme been trash for a while now. And they're dumb small now
kk been trash since like 05
after they changed the recipe
its been downhill
Krispy kreme is trash. I always see a big line up when i had a delivery pick up from there.

Shorty put me on to a vegan donut spot thats so 🔥🔥🔥. Wouldnt even know the difference had she not told me.
KK is trash and VEGAN donuts?!?!? You my g, but....just don’t eem talk about doughnuts anymore.

D213336B-E3C5-4BCD-9C8F-A34D9BA53C7E.gif

From my experience, people who don‘t like KK grew up eating Dunkin Donuts dry *** donuts. I guess whatever you eat first establishes your tastes in donuts. Thoughts a prayers to yall.

EDIT: And nawghty seems like the type if you told him you did something different to his food, he’d swear he could taste it. Even if you actually didnt.

My area has dunkin donuts everywhere. Besides blueberry and jelly, the doughnuts are aight. Only krispy kreme location is in the city. I like Tim Horton's but barely any locations either.

Back
Top Bottom