FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Crushed red pepper > black pepper

Do y'all mess with Mike's hot? Sometimes it be too sweet for Pizza.
IMG_20220101_225554.jpg

My nephew was over a couple weeks ago and we ordered pizza and dude was dumping black pepper on there when the crushed red was sitting right in front of him. I was so confused :lol:

My nephew was over a couple weeks ago and we ordered pizza and dude was dumping black pepper on there when the crushed red was sitting right in front of him. I was so confused :lol:

Crushed Red and Black Pepper offer two different tastes though.

EYE don't view it as an either or thing.

If I want HEAT only, I use Crushed Red.

Black Pepper has a distinct flavor and I don't use it for HEAT.

Yep. Got some Crushed Red Thai Bird Chili in rotation from ones I grew last summer.

More heat that the typical CRP from cayenne peppers.

Cayenne is pretty weak when it comes to flavor if we're being honest

I've found that even after a year or two the home grown stuff is still more flavorful than OTS CRP

I also believe in putting hot sauce on pizza.

I am often tempted to pull a Kwame Brown and just carry hot sauce WITH me so if I am eating pizza out, I can use what EYE want to put on the pizza.

I use this on everything.

b482caad-e8ab-4adc-9e5c-783f0af5119b_1.36ee11532ec1059dc740c559c2e40118.jpeg

I know someone who went a year without eating ice cream due to lactose intolerance. Used things like rice milk and dairy free ice cream as substitute. After a year he gave in. He was excited, "it was time". Ended up hurting his stomach and since then says he hates the taste of ice cream, cheese, sour cream etc. But it's really not the taste.

Speaking of this, HOW are the dairy free ice creams?

Halo, Rice Dreams Ice Cream, etc........

I've seen ppl cap off a pizza with tabasco sauce. Doesn't look that good.

Tabasco sauce is weak, so yea; I agree. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom