FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I had dinner at Lucille's yesterday evening. I went for some happy hour deals.

I had a pulled pork sandwich with BBQ beans. I tried out the chicken strips with fries as a separate side.
IMG_6560.JPG

I like how they keep the pulled pork sandwich plain because it enables me to voluntarily pour those two barbecue sauces that are pictured separately with each bite.

I was only disappointed with the fries because they weren't warm nor good.

Would it be controversial to say Chicken and Waffles is an overrated combination?

Like if you had a choice between:

Chicken and Fries
Chicken and Mash Potatoes
Chicken and Mac n Cheese
Chicken and Coleslaw
Chicken and Waffles

Are you really gonna pick the waffles?

I've had plenty of chicken and waffles in my life, it's always sorta too sweet. Not what I'm looking for when I crave fried chicken.
I see it more as brunch food.

I only get it at brunch. When you miss breakfast but also want breakfast food with your lunch.

if you had a choice between:

Chicken and Fries
Chicken and Mash Potatoes
Chicken and Mac n Cheese
Chicken and Coleslaw
Chicken and Waffles

Are you really gonna pick the waffles?
11 times out of 10.

-foe

Thoughts?

At CFA, hearing one of the male workers complaining about the managers always making him take out / dump / change the trash cans and how the manager never makes the female workers do it.

He said the trash is always overpiled, waiting for him when he gets to work when there are plenty of other folks working that could have already done it.

Thoughts?

At CFA, hearing one of the male workers complaining about the managers always making him take out / dump / change the trash cans and how the manager never makes the female workers do it.

He said the trash is always overpiled, waiting for him when he gets to work when there are plenty of other folks working that could have already done it.
Manager is a huge problem in society

Preference thing but I could also see them playing the “it’s too heavy” card for that as well.

I’ve had a few friends tell me that their office always has them (all guys telling me this) lift heavy things and that the other workers (female) won’t do it or simply can’t.

I’m not entirely sure where I sit on the subject but it is interesting for sure.

Preference thing but I could also see them playing the “it’s too heavy” card for that as well.

I’ve had a few friends tell me that their office always has them (all guys telling me this) lift heavy things and that the other workers (female) won’t do it or simply can’t.

I’m not entirely sure where I sit on the subject but it is interesting for sure.

I hear this type of stuff going on in the police/Fireman worlds as well.

Basically using chivalry within the confines of this hype aggressive setting. It's interesting.

I hear this type of stuff going on in the police/Fireman worlds as well.

Basically using chivalry within the confines of this hype aggressive setting. It's interesting.
Some types only want equal rights when it doesn't involve bringing the milk up a couple flights

Some types only want equal rights when it doesn't involve bringing the milk up a couple flights
This is the root of the issue, truthfully.

Because if we were being absolute about this subject.. men who can and do lift heavier things at work or do things the women cannot or will not are “technically” capable of doing more than the women there.. and wouldn’t that warrant a slightly higher pay?..

Nah, let’s not go down that rabbit hole. Let’s keep this thread on food and sad face reactions pls. It’s Friday.

But more importantly, it’s the holidays.

Sounds like the manager is the problem. Who’s to say he isn’t pushing tasks onto other employees he views as women’s work. That’s how these folks usually are. Either way, no reason all employees aren’t capable of taking out the trash.

Yea the trash was definitely piled high as hell when I went in to pick up my food. Someone has to clean that up before to gets to that level. If they are in fact waiting for that dude to come in before it gets dumped, they need to find a different system.

Back
Top Bottom