FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Fellas,

How often do you go out to get ice cream OUTSIDE of taking a woman or a child?

I come in peace.
Not sure (as an adult) I’ve ever been sitting at home or in the office and been like, “I gotta go get some ice cream right now”. But I know there’s been occasions when I was already out driving around by myself, it was hot, I spotted a McD’s and decided to get a McFlurry or a cone.

That’s maybe happened 5 times in the last 20 years or so.

Is ice cream a... waste... of...

... wait for it...

... wwwwaaaaaiiiittt...

... waste of coolness?

Waste of chill?

Waste of [a] cone?

Waste of... cream? II

#WoC

thank-you-thanks.gif

I’m in the same boat but you’d be surprised at how many people can’t even comfortably go sit down to eat by themselves.

Yeah. And I get it. I can see why given how judgmental our society is but if there is something you’d love to see or eat, don’t let someone dictate your ability to do it

Yeah. And I get it. I can see why given how judgmental our society is but if there is something you’d love to see or eat, don’t let someone dictate your ability to do it
I think I felt differently about it before I had to travel for work by myself, which puts you in the position of having no choice but to eat, etc. alone sometimes. Once I got used to it in that context, had no problems doing it when I was home too.

I think I felt differently about it before I had to travel for work by myself, which puts you in the position of having no choice but to eat, etc. alone sometimes. Once I got used to it in that context, had no problems doing it when I was home too.

Yup. This is exactly what changed my mindset on it. Realized it was no big deal (and more enjoyable in certain circumstances :lol: )

I’m an only child so I got used to doing things alone. Found myself in a “no one is free to go with you.. so either you go alone or don’t go”

Nothing wrong with doing stuff alone. If I want ice cream alone I go & get it(have done this many times), I want to watch a movie alone? I've done it many times & will be doing so for Mario & Fast X. Went to New Haven for pizza alone, Philly for grub alone & even the zoo alone last year. Do what makes you happy, who cares what others think.

Everbody has different priorities/schedules & interests. I don't sit around & wait for anyone to come & join me, I send out an open invite...if my people can make it then great, if not, solo it is.

I wouldn't call ice cream a waste of anything but when I am HOT, I don't crave a cold substance that is made from milk and sugar.

I could understand a Slurpee more than Ice Cream in those situations. (Don't do either)
I'd pick a milkshake over a Slurpee/Icee any day IMO, hot or cold weather.

Some years ago, a driver from my work said he saw me at the mall. The next time I saw him at work, he asked why was I there alone? I was like, huh? Didn’t know I had to have a chaperone. I’ll eat alone, been to a few concerts alone. Don’t know why, but I can’t get myself to go to a movie alone.

Back
Top Bottom