FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Have we discussed Vegemite in here? Probably not since it's from across the pond.
Not that I can recall.

I’ve never had it, but I once tasted Marmite at the urging of a friend who’s family was from South Africa. I thought it was awful and was mystified thereafter as to how he could willingly eat it.

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

Good job on letting it rest to room temp.

Hot pan. Olive oil until it starts smoking.

Season both sides as you are. No butter on the steak yet.

Drop in pan, sear one side. Flip.
Drop butter.
Baste over top. Flip. Baste.

Repeat until it’s at desired doneness.

You got a thermometer don’t you? You got this :wink:

-spike
Still learning. Definitely darker than I want. Used med low heat last time & now.

20230329_195209.jpg

Yeah if every steak I ever have is like the one on the right, I'll call it a good life. ******* PERFECT. Actually, liiiiiiitle more cooked than I want but I'm still learning the cook time. I'll take it.

My son can have the left. 👀 Not being mean; he's going to use ketchup anyways sssooooo

20230329_195714.jpg

Actually, now that I've eaten it, that was quite a bit more cooked than I like. It looked perfect sitting, but nah, lil overcooked.

Man the timing is REALLY hard. 😬 And the basting.

I'll get it...

I just had mad lamb ribs in schwarma marinade and been throwing it in the slow cooker. Got 3 meals out of it with hummus, tabouile salad, baba ghanoush and soms other stuff. Gotta switch it up next week.
Same, got tilapia thawing out and definitely in a mood to make some tomato based soup with chicken, just gotta figure out what style.

Back
Top Bottom