FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I wasn't able to have restaurant food lately because either I ran out of time while I was outside or it rained for three days straight last week. I just baked frozen pizza using the cast iron pizza pan recently for late dinner at home.

I had this DiGiorno Fully Stuffed Crust Double Pepperoni pizza last Wednesday.
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7423.JPG

I had this DiGiorno Fully Stuffed Crust Ultimate Three Meat pizza last Thursday.
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7425.JPG

And I had this Red Baron Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza yesterday evening for Christmas Eve.
IMG_7438.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG

Anyone have recommendations for London? Heading there Wednesday. Only place so far I know I wanna go to is Dishoom for Indian
Would like to try Caribbean food and chicken with jollof if anyone knows some spots ? tomdiginson tomdiginson

Grine Grine
@Shaunaldo25
I think you posted something recently B Sox B Sox
Here's my recommendations. They are carribean, but they all offer something different and are located in various parts of the city. Some are for dining in and others are for a quick grab and go. Checkout each of them to see if aligns with your plans while you're out and about.

Ayannas (London)
Turtle Bay(Brixton)
Jam Delish
The Good Front room @Langham(london)
Octaves
Ma Petite
Cottons (shoreditch)
Octaves
Jay Deeves
Cafe Carribean
True Flavours Caribbean Cuisine

I wasn't able to have restaurant food lately because either I ran out of time while I was outside or it rained for three days straight last week. I just baked frozen pizza using the cast iron pizza pan recently for late dinner at home.

I had this DiGiorno Fully Stuffed Crust Double Pepperoni pizza last Wednesday.
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7423.JPG

I had this DiGiorno Fully Stuffed Crust Ultimate Three Meat pizza last Thursday.
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7425.JPG

And I had this Red Baron Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza yesterday evening for Christmas Eve.
IMG_7438.JPG
IMG_7439.JPG
Get u a ooni pizza oven

What steakhouse???
rare650
in Syosset, NY
it’s a restaurant that’s part of a larger group
called Scotto Bros
they focus on high end steak & sushi spots
the food is good
albeit overpriced
appetizers were whatever
the king crab legs were salty
and didn’t come with drawn butter
we had baked clams too
that were worse than what we get at the local Irish pub
the steak was excellent though
40 oz. Australian wagyu tomahawk
cooked perfectly
sides were a mixed bag
garlic mashed, cream spinach, and mushrooms were good
sprouts were overcooked
truffle mac and cheese was weird and gritty
service was fine
gonna give it a 7/10
probably won’t go back
merry Christmas nawghty

I went to Humo and Hide. Both were awesome, but Humo especially.

Akoko is the West African place I really wanted to go to, but we couldn’t make it work with our schedule.

Gymkhana was on my list for Indian.

Kaieteur Kitchen for Caribbean.
What activities did you get up to when you went? I’m going for a soccer game then I’ll have a day a half before I leave. Was just gonna hit some shopping spots and the usual tourist destinations (which I don’t even really care about tbh :lol: )

What activities did you get up to when you went? I’m going for a soccer game then I’ll have a day a half before I leave. Was just gonna hit some shopping spots and the usual tourist destinations (which I don’t even really care about tbh :lol: )
I know this wasn't directed at me, but It all depends on the time of year you are going. I presume you're going to primarily be based in London since you support Arsenal?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but It all depends on the time of year you are going. I presume you're going to primarily be based in London since you support Arsenal?
Yea my hotel is in Shoreditch but I’m open to exploring any areas in London or beyond. I’m landing this Wednesday. I appreciate any input!

What activities did you get up to when you went? I’m going for a soccer game then I’ll have a day a half before I leave. Was just gonna hit some shopping spots and the usual tourist destinations (which I don’t even really care about tbh :lol:
We mostly stayed in Central London.

Did all the major sight seeing things.

Went to England/Australia at Wembley and saw Ravens/Titans at Tottenham.

Didn’t get to do any shopping in Soho/Mayfair.

Yea my hotel is in Shoreditch but I’m open to exploring any areas in London or beyond. I’m landing this Wednesday. I appreciate any input!
Shoreditch is dope. Lots of clubs and fire spots there. Clothing pop-ups etc. Should be a good time. Just be alert.

I only went for a day to visit the skating rink, Flippers in west London. They have a restaurant there - food not bad.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Basically ground it down like semolina and made the pasa of her choice.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Basically ground it down like semolina and made the pasa of her choice.
Well for one her ingredients ratio is all off
Because the premade pasta
already had egg and flour
and she added untrue measurements
Which lead to why heavy it looked
And just unappealing
Then did all that just to add store bought sauce
Waste of time
But go ahead
Defend it

In Rio for my birthday dinner at my favorite steakhouse, Assador Rio’s. Reservations is for 6:15pm.

But went to Terra Brasils for lunch.

Croc Sheimp - Empanados na panko, cilantro aioli and sweet and sour sauce

Pastel - Watercress rib and pesto, pear with gorgonzola and sweet and sour

Romeo & Juliet - Crispy cheese balls and spicy guava

Fries

IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3379.jpeg
IMG_3386.jpeg

In Rio for my birthday dinner at my favorite steakhouse, Assador Rio’s. Reservations is for 6:15pm.

But went to Terra Brasils for lunch.

Croc Sheimp - Empanados na panko, cilantro aioli and sweet and sour sauce

Pastel - Watercress rib and pesto, pear with gorgonzola and sweet and sour

Romeo & Juliet - Crispy cheese balls and spicy guava

Fries

IMG_3384.jpeg
IMG_3379.jpeg
IMG_3386.jpeg
U dolo???

Well for one her ingredients ratio is all off
Because the premade pasta
already had egg and flour
and she added untrue measurements
Which lead to why heavy it looked
And just unappealing
Then did all that just to add store bought sauce
Waste of time
But go ahead
Defend it
I'm not reading beyond 4 lines of this. Obviously you won't go making this on purpose, this is more a quick mixup if you're at home and feel for other than what you have.

I'm not reading beyond 4 lines of this. Obviously you won't go making this on purpose, this is more a quick mixup if you're at home and feel for other than what you have.
How is it a quick mixup
All u need for pasta making is flour and egg
She did like 2 more steps with the blender
So explain the quick mixup for me???
Also if u already have the pasta made
Why break it down to make more
Wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of the quick mixup???
Or u just wanna disagree to disagree???
If so I’ll let u win this

Mark 1
Boba 0

Back
Top Bottom