FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_20171121_135828.jpg

IMG_20171126_132836.jpg

IMG_20171126_140239.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, take the overt flirting somewhere else man.

I think I have turned the corner on Tacos. I was never a BIG fan of them but the last two times I got them, I have been impressed.

Taco Habenero for the DC folks, good as hell
Nah you're too late. We don't want you.

I've never ate taco bell so I'm thinking of making my own burrito wrapped taco.

I've had both at other Mexican restaurants, food trucks, and bars and usually enjoy it.

Last edited:
In Phoenix. Found out there was a Raising Cane's by the hotel so tried it for the first time.

Carbs on carbs on carbs meals aren't normally my thing but the **** was GOOD money for the price. Texas Toast is a nice touch. Lemonade was nice too.

Headed to the hotel gym now....

IMG_1951.jpg

that raisin cranes sauce is CRACK

anyone been to franco on melrose in la thinking bout hitting it up next week
and good reviews of the place??? :nerd:

Protein bars for next few days haha. Man these are like mars bars/boost bars soooo good
Actually taste ice creamish too. Taste as flavour states. Always a thumbs up for me if they nail what they describe I should be tasting
IMG_20171202_162800_185.jpg

Last edited:
Cast iron cooked steak > using a grill to cook steak
IMG_20171201_125838_320.jpg
Absolutely. I'm very passionate about this issue and I try to spread the gospel whenever possible. A grill can't possibly provide the crust that a cast iron can. My only concern about your steak is the exterior you present in your pictures. Are you a "one flip only" type of person, or do you flip continuously until the exterior reaches its desired crust? I'm a "one flip" person and I like my exterior to look like this:
unnamed.jpg

That crispy exterior with the juicy/tender interior makes all the difference.

Reverse sear on a charcoal grill/kamado with the cast iron finish is my go to (for thicker cuts obviously)

:smh: I remember going to that first store by gun hill after it had opened, whenever we'd go over my cousins' place nearby.

Back
Top Bottom