FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Din Tai Fung is pretty overrated. Not that it isn't good, but personally don't feel it's the best XLB I've had.

I love XLB though :smokin. I normally bite the top and let the juices flow to the spoon/bowl and drink outta that.

I had a sandwich + Phil'z coffee and for got to take pics :smh:..Blame it on my chick who frowns on it :lol:, haven't had a picture of food on my IG in months.

Din Tai Fung is pretty overrated. Not that it isn't good, but personally don't feel it's the best XLB I've had.

I love XLB though
smokin.gif
. I normally bite the top and let the juices flow to the spoon/bowl and drink outta that.

THIS.

There's one in the Bay? Mama Lu's in Alhambra is better, more bang for your buck imo.

I love XLB though :smokin . I normally bite the top and let the juices flow to the spoon/bowl and drink outta that.

THIS.

There's one in the Bay? Mama Lu's in Alhambra is better, more bang for your buck imo.
Nah, I went to SoCal one week to visit with my fam.

I wasn't thoroughly impressed. You're paying for the name more than anything, and you got "foodies" hyping it up with "OMG soooo good."

Non chained XLB spots > DTF. Unfortunately, my go to place has raised prices exponentially, 10 for $10.95 :x..Thank goodness there's another price for half that amount.

Last edited:
Repped. I took a pic of chili cheese fries + burger, but for some reason, mobile NT ain't letting me post pics.

Anybody with a good pork chops recipe? I really want to make something good tonight. Thanks in advance 
smokin.gif

My dad marinates thin slices of pork chop in vinegar and garlic. Then batters it in flour. Probably one of my favorite things to eat. I can eat pounds of it.

Anybody with a good pork chops recipe? I really want to make something good tonight. Thanks in advance 
smokin.gif
Pound thin. Marinate in soy sauce and garlic. Egg, flour, panko. Pan fry. Profit.
My dad marinates thin slices of pork chop in vinegar and garlic. Then batters it in flour. Probably one of my favorite things to eat. I can eat pounds of it.
Good looks guys, but I got lazy n decided to just make Sloppy Joe's. I'll make the pork chops tomorrow. Can ya'll PM me a play-by-play tho. Much appreciated. Will rep upon re-up.

smokin.gif

I love XLB though :smokin. I normally bite the top and let the juices flow to the spoon/bowl and drink outta that.

I had a sandwich + Phil'z coffee and for got to take pics :smh:..Blame it on my chick who frowns on it :lol:, haven't had a picture of food on my IG in months.

My dude, I feel you. The Din Tai Fung here is so disappointing.

That said, I've had the original in Taipei countless number of times. :lol: It's in the top 3 of things I've ever eaten.

Where's that at Nawzlew Nawzlew ?

ROC on Sawtelle.

Better than LA's Din Tai Fung IMO.

Last edited:
ROC? Yes, on the edge of Santa Monica. It's in a cool little Asian area. Ramen joints, tofu houses, Japanese markets, tea shops.

2049 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Last edited:
Need some meal ideas for tonight. I cooked chicken for lunch for the week but I do want a nice, healthy chicken pasta dish. Any suggestions?

Also open to healthy beef/pork recipies as well.

Need some meal ideas for tonight. I cooked chicken for lunch for the week but I do want a nice, healthy chicken pasta dish. Any suggestions?

Also open to healthy beef/pork recipies as well.
Panco and pan fry a pork cutlet. Cool up some noodles in an Asian peanut sauce. Comes out amazing

Back
Top Bottom