FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

You can really tell a lot about a culture based off of their cuisine and I can't wait til I finish school and have a stable income so I can travel and just eat and learn about the world. First stop, Vietnam and Shanghai! :pimp:
Funny you say that because I always think about what a city is known for, eats wise, when I travel there. Always want to find the best spots while I am out of town.

@chiva1908 - 50c Diner right? Close to Little Tokyo? I went there when I went to LA a few years ago. If we are talking about the same place.

Edit: NVM, I am thinking about the 5c (Nickel) Dinner

Last edited:
My wife made one our son's favorite meal for dinner tonight. Bacon wrapped chicken breasts with green beans & wile rice...

For you foodies out there that dine out a lot, check out MOGL, www.mogl.com, or download the ios/android app. It's a customer loyalty program that many restaurants/bars (in major cities) uses that offers 10-30% discounts off the entire bill. All you have to do is register your credit card and when you pay your bill, the restaurant will automatically know to give you that discount, there is no coupon exchange and you don't have to let the server know. You can either pocket that cash/discount or donate it to charities/food banks. I just learned of it and havent started using it myself yet, but I think that is how it works. Check it out and see if your city has lots of restaurants (SF has like 700+).

Last edited:
For you foodies out there that dine out a lot, check out MOGL, www.mogl.com, or download the ios/android app. It's a customer loyalty program that many restaurants/bars (in major cities) uses that offers 10-30% discounts off the entire bill. All you have to do is register your credit card and when you pay your bill, the restaurant will automatically know to give you that discount, there is no coupon exchange and you don't have to let the server know. You can either pocket that cash/discount or donate it to charities/food banks. I just learned of it and havent started using it myself yet, but I think that is how it works. Check it out and see if your city has lots of restaurants (SF has like 700+).
Gonna check it out, repped and thanks!

EDIT: Before I sign up, do you have a referral code? Do you get anything out of it, I minus whale return something back to you :lol:.

Last edited:

No Love for NY :frown:

Gonna check it out, repped and thanks!

EDIT: Before I sign up, do you have a referral code? Do you get anything out of it, I minus whale return something back to you :lol:.
I just signed up, but I can't find my referral code. :nerd:

There's this bomb *** grocery store deli place in Santa Clara or SJ that has amazing ramen.

Apparently it's pretty popular. I forget the name of it cuz my bro takes me there everytime :lol:

Is it inside Mitsuwa?
Ya that place :D

There's a ramen place in that plaza called Kahoo. You should go there instead if your itching for ramen.

I just had ramen yesterday at a Mitsuwa here in LA. Oh mahh gawwwd. Definitely one of the best bowls I've had.

First time entering this thread. NT has some good cooks 
nthat.gif

All my friends can't cook worth a damn.

Is Ramen made at spots THAT much better than Oodles N Noodles? I personally can't move myself to buy ramen at a spot when I know I can make some good instant ramen. What is it about ramen outside of the home that people are willing to spend $?

i actually thought the same until my sister took me to a Ramen spot.

everything from the noodles, to the (miso style) broth and the ingredients. completely different.

The amount of pork/beef used in Vietnamese/Filipino food always intrigued me. Why isn't chicken used as much as those other two animals?

For Filipinos, chicken is definitely used just as much. Most popular Filipino dishes are made from chicken: Adobo, Apritada, Inasal, BBQ

I've been to a ramen spot and the meal tasted like wet mop. I'll retry at a better spot. Love some pho though.

Been without a phone for a few days...just got it back..good pics everyone...I'll post some when I get the chance

You can really tell a lot about a culture based off of their cuisine and I can't wait til I finish school and have a stable income so I can travel and just eat and learn about the world. First stop, Vietnam and Shanghai! :pimp:
Funny you say that because I always think about what a city is known for, eats wise, when I travel there. Always want to find the best spots while I am out of town.

This. Love eating on the road except that it kills my efforts to lose weight.

Last time in LA, it was The Griddle that did me in....

Back
Top Bottom