FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Lol ive seen the people who work and eat at taco bell. The optics of that and questionable processed meat is far more disgusting than hair im familiar with. :rofl:
Dumb question…it looks like that’s take out. Did your wife handle your food before you ate it? What makes you sure that la familiar hair?

Surprised to see Shake Shack slander. It's easily my favorite of the 'fast food' burgers. The Shack sauce, as well the crinkle cut cheese fries.
nt is a bizarre place. Never heard of anyone saying their burgers were bad except here.

Shake shack burger was only ok. Patties were tender. Sauce was coo.

Overall it wasn’t great. Nothing that made me happy I spent as much as I did on it.

Dumb question…it looks like that’s take out. Did your wife handle your food before you ate it? What makes you sure that la familiar hair?

Yes she did. Just based on hair being on everything I own I think it hers? Bdw I didnt see any hair on it in person. With the many things NTers were circling I would have noticed.......but I wouldnt be surprised. :lol:

These are the current condition of my expensive *** blinds. So yea, hair will be in occasionally be places there arent supposed to be. Im pretty conscientious about not leaving food out but things happen.

20220901_211236.jpg

nt is a bizarre place. Never heard of anyone saying their burgers were bad except here.

Real talk I actually know someone who is a "vegan" that loved shake shack when i took him and his gf there and now they eat there as a cheat meal. What exactly is there not to like about it?

Tried In and Out for the first time when I went to Vegas last year...burger was good...fries were nasty as hell. West coast peeps hyped the **** out of that place :lol:

Culver's needs to expand...tried that for the first time in FL a few months ago, and everything I tried was good and fresh tasting

Tried In and Out for the first time when I went to Vegas last year...burger was good...fries were nasty as hell. West coast peeps hyped the **** out of that place :lol:

Culver's needs to expand...tried that for the first time in FL a few months ago, and everything I tried was good and fresh tasting

Yeah, In and Out was very mid for me. Same goes for CFA tbh.

Too low of heat for too long.

There’s always next time but at least you recognized you can do better!

Piece on the left was whack but the right wasnt bad. I had it on high heat for 3-4 minutes a side then seared off the edges before bringing ot down to medium hest and basting it with the juices and butter. I think I had it too long at that point and I didnt let it rest enough.

Is 3-4 minutes per side better or should I just flip it ever minute? Ive read it done both ways.

Piece on the left was whack but the right wasnt bad. I had it on high heat for 3-4 minutes a side then seared off the edges before bringing ot down to medium hest and basting it with the juices and butter. I think I had it too long at that point and I didnt let it rest enough.

Is 3-4 minutes per side better or should I just flip it ever minute? Ive read it done both ways.
I cook mine on a cast iron for better sear.

Medium high heat to high heat the pan, let it get hot. Bring steak down to room temp first.

Throw olive oil in pan, should immediately get lighter in thickness due to heat of the pan. Might even smoke a little after a little bit.

Steak down, let sit and sear. Flip and judge sear. Note for other side.. if happy just repeat the second side same as first. I don’t really time it tbh.

Throw butter, thyme, garlic.. baste butter on top. Flip. Baste more.

I go by the hand meat ( I I ) for the doneness. Pull at desired firmness / doneness.

Let rest for 10-15 mins. Pls let it rest.

+1 for the rice.

Im Asian, I eat everything with rice. Most people I know just eat steak with the usual asparagus or potato, American type stuff and im like hell nah gimme some RICEEEEE.
100%!

Actually tried eating my steak alone once as a kid growing up Filipino and got yelled at. :lol:

“Always eat rice with your meat!”

If it wasn’t for my weight loss journey / cut currently I’d be making rice like that still.

Been wanting to try this pizza but the prices seem ridiculous…or am I just not pizza elite enough to understand? https://undergroundpizzaco.shopsettings.com/

def on the pricer side from the looks of it but these new boutique det pizza spots are pricing their pies in the 20s so it's sorta in range. $32 margarita is wild though. but i also can't tell just how big these are, so i'll caveat with that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom