Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

That ankle 
roll.gif

:x :x :x :x

See...

I'm African, from [insert country], [insert region], [insert tribe], and my background is in science. While I understand where she is coming from (with respect to our traditions), I can't agree with recreating the wheel, which is what the panelist essentially advocates.

My gripe with afrocentrists is the desire to reject every single thing that wasn't made by Africans if they cannot claim it. It's pointless and counterproductive. Europeans didn't create gunpowder, but they sure made the biggest cannons. I know that there are many Africans who use technology and science to come up with innovative solutions adapted to our realities (like that Ghanaian "preacher" who makes electric cars), and I wish that mentality was more widespread on the continent.

:x :x :x :x

See...

I'm African, from [insert country], [insert region], [insert tribe], and my background is in science. While I understand where she is coming from (with respect to our traditions), I can't agree with recreating the wheel, which is what the panelist essentially advocates.

My gripe with afrocentrists is the desire to reject every single thing that wasn't made by Africans if they cannot claim it. It's pointless and counterproductive. Europeans didn't create gunpowder, but they sure made the biggest cannons. I know that there are many Africans who use technology and science to come up with innovative solutions adapted to our realities (like that Ghanaian "preacher" who makes electric cars), and I wish that mentality was more widespread on the continent.

Couldn't have said it better fam. I'm in the exact same boat, although my background isn't science. I find this decolonization of science talk to be ridiculous. We can't all of a Sunday decide to act like gravity doesn't exist, and we need to re-invent the wheel, because essentially some white guy in Europe made up some equation. I will say though, I'm very happy to see plenty of great examples of African scientists making discoveries and creating new technology that the world can use out of places like the CSIR (in South Africa). Those students should be pushing for more opportunities like that, instead of just saying let's tear down everything we know.

:smokin
Funny and doing it to an extent but to catch a charge on purpose is not doing it. Great clip though. :rofl:

Most of them misdemeanors and some dudes have gotten off on entrapment. Clearly my dude bout that life so he ain't tripping on a trip to county :lol:

Back
Top Bottom